<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  Rise of the Planet of the Apes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
Been waiting for this for months and I knew this would be the movie of the year. Hell with TF3, this one rocked my night, after seing this I just keep an eye on my dog and wait for him to speak. Sooo good, movie starts very well, introducing characters, great storyline, Caesar was the top, loved that ape, good CGI, well the ending might be an opener for part 2 yeah, I wasn't expect to see an apes against humans war movie, but I thought it would end with apes taking down the Earth, not only the Golden Gate. Great movie, go see it or dload it. Is not available in Italy yet but I will def go to see it in the cinema in september. 10/10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2479Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
I've been waiting for this also. Big fan of the old ones!

It's not on cinema here until the weekend, so have to wait a few more days :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:55 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
What I said on facebook;

Quote:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes: At first I was excited, now I'm kind of disappointed. Characters don't develop. Motion Capture/Animation/Mimic was epic, still small details make the movie less convincing... What a little thinking and rationality can do to opinion... wow. Still a great movie to watch, but don't expect to feel satisfied towards the end. Andy Serkis's acting is incredible, beyond what I expected. The way he portrays Ceasar might be the most interesting thing about the whole movie.

The main storyline is quite thin, and the awkward choices throughout the movie don't add power towards an otherwise interesting flick. I wish that it was less animation, and more in-depth story. I have the feeling, just like with I Am Legend, that the movie was edited down to make it 'easy watchable'... and instable/inconsistent. I miss about an half hour of something... I don't know, intellectual storytelling? They've chosen the easy way. Bummer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 am
GruntGruntPosts: 3Location: USJoined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 am
Its really a nice movie. Very nice story. If really happens in future then what will happen?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
funkybabeone wrote:
Its really a nice movie. Very nice story. If really happens in future then what will happen?

Complete and utter chaos. The end of civilization as we know it. WWIII with humans vs apes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
the spitfire wrote:
funkybabeone wrote:

Complete and utter chaos. The end of civilization as we know it. WWIII with humans vs apes.
meh.they left the door open with that disease from the drug.probably most of the human race will succumb to that before there will be need for a actual war,while the apes will multiply.

if they plan a trilogy maybe the second one is with the tranzition between civilizations,the exact moment when apes take over,and then the third one will be thousands of year later and be like a remake of the first movie.would be cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:45 am
GruntGruntPosts: 3Location: USJoined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 am
We may not live for to watch this

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Awesome movie! Not legendary but awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 am
GruntGruntPosts: 1Location: USAJoined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:41 am
This movie was awesome.I enjoyed this movie very much.I watched this movie near about 10 times.Really great movie.This movie got great achievements.I think this movie was best movie of 2011.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:31 am
GruntGruntPosts: 7Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:21 am
When i watch this movie in theater then all the people says mind blowing movie.I am a big fan of this movie.i want to watch it again and again...........

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:56 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2375Location: TexasJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am
damned dirty apes...if it bleeds we can kill it...should be seeing this in a few days

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Just watched it. Great movie indeed!