<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (2011)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Just came from Cinema and I'm not at all dissapointed, altough i secretly hoped for more.
When this movie was announced, i was quite against it, because, i didn't see any need for remaking it.
After i read Fincher was doing it, i felt it was defo something to look forward to.

And he's part was done well. The feeling was delivered.
But the way plot moved along and how it finalized, it lacked something .. well i guess my expectations were very high.

My gf said she was annoyed how acters tryed to combine english and some swedish language in some places, like they didnt't dare to do fully english movie.
Also, in my opinion, however most aspects of the movie were excellent, hollywood people still didn't deliver the nature of Scandinavian people nature so how it was in original story, by Stig Larsson

It was great movie, Top 3 of 2011 in my opinion!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
yeah first of all it wasn't a remake it was another adaptation.

i just saw the film last friday ant it really staid with me. there were 3 or 4 moments it had me on the edge of my seat. i didn't read the book nor did i saw the sweden adaptation... so i can't judge how loyal this film is to the book or if it's better than the sweden adaptation (i don't care about that one actually.. not at all after seeing fincher's vertion.. i will watch it eventually though some time later). i can only say it just blew me away. when the credits started rolling i just sat there thinking... wow.

the only thing that at some point disappointed me was the use of the score. they used the better songs for the trailers rather than for the actual film. but what can you do...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Rooney Mara of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Nominated for Best Actress Oscar
24 January 2012

The 84th annual Academy Award nominations for lead actress in a motion picture have been announced in Beverly Hills, Calif., by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

The nominees announced Tuesday morning are: Glenn Close, "Albert Nobbs"; Viola Davis, "The Help"; Rooney Mara, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"; Meryl Streep, "The Iron Lady"; Michelle Williams, "My Week with Marilyn."

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_19805978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:20 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
she deserved that nomination 100%

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 pm
feelish wrote:
she deserved that nomination 100%

Absolutely! 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' got 5 nominations in all.

Shame that the movie itself nor Fincher didn't get nominated but these type of films rarely do. Fincher's 'Fight Club' and 'Zodiac' were also snubbed by the old Oscar guard who prefer the traditional Oscar fare.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
Just watched it. In my opinion this is probably the worst Fincher movie that i saw (didnt see Zodiak yet). First of all, i dont think movie was bad, but i just need more from Fincher. Movie could be 40 minutes shorter, everything after id the murderer was not important for me, so wtf movie didnt end after that?

Intro was the best part of that movie, i just love it, Trent Reznor did a good job with music, but still he cant beat the Dust Brothers soundtrack for Fight Club. Ronney Mara did an awesome performance. Spoiler alert.......its a shame that Stellan Skarsgard appear in that movie, in the time when i saw him there, i just knew he will be the killer. Dunno why, he just is the perfect man for this kind of job:). Spoiler ends

I will give 7/10. Its not the movie u want to return to after few months.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:09 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 609Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:11 am
MaxReal wrote:
Just watched it. In my opinion this is probably the worst Fincher movie that i saw (didnt see Zodiak yet). First of all, i dont think movie was bad, but i just need more from Fincher. Movie could be 40 minutes shorter, everything after id the murderer was not important for me, so wtf movie didnt end after that?

Intro was the best part of that movie, i just love it, Trent Reznor did a good job with music, but still he cant beat the Dust Brothers soundtrack for Fight Club. Ronney Mara did an awesome performance. Spoiler alert.......its a shame that Stellan Skarsgard appear in that movie, in the time when i saw him there, i just knew he will be the killer. Dunno why, he just is the perfect man for this kind of job:). Spoiler ends

I will give 7/10. Its not the movie u want to return to after few months.

agree...

i saw the original movie and much better like finchers...nothing new in this movie

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1956Location: sitting on cloudsJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:37 am
MaxReal wrote:
Jdidnt see Zodiak yet

a little bit longer overall, but it's a very good movie in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:58 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 212Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:59 pm
I saw the original movie and without watching the newer version I'm sure that the original is better cus when i saw that there's an American side in the movie (no offence) i know that it can't be that dramatic as the original one. And btw i don't like drama movies at all but this movie was really really cool :)
PS: I know this movie thanks to the brainkiller thread :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2534Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm
What an amazing movie..Definitely one of the best I've seen in a long time. Rooney Mara was superb. I really hope she wins the Academy Award.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
i liked the movie, but i don't know if she really deserves an oscar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:26 am
Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig Might Return for 'The Girl In the Spider’s Web'
20 November 2015

While Amy Pascal and Scott Rudin are returning to the world of Lisbeth Salander with 'The Girl In The Spider's Web', what exactly that will mean following David Fincher's 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' is uncertain. While Alicia Vikander has been bandied about as a potential new lead, according to Rooney Mara, no one has told her she's not returning. And it would seem the proposition of the actress and Daniel Craig coming back is not entirely off the table either.

EW has a few more details about the project, and the magazine says the duo "could return" for 'Spider's Web.' However, the article also adds that casting remains "unclear" and no one is officially commenting. My guess? Pascal and Rudin are putting the project together, getting a script and finding a director before they broach the topic with Mara and Craig.

But you can probably count David Fincher out. He battled with Sony over the original movie, he wouldn't have as much control over marketing as he wielded last time (it's also one of the reasons he walked from 'Steve Jobs') and the budget for 'Spider's Web' will be significantly smaller: it's reportedly $60 million versus $100 million for 'Dragon Tattoo'. However, that figure will allow the movie to be R-rated with far less money to recoup.

So it seems the 'Spider's Web' is still spreading with an opportunity to catch Mara and Craig.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... b-20151117