<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (2011)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
The official website for David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) is now open – and an official threat for the David Fincher (Se7en, Fight Club, Zodiac, The Social Network) version of the Stieg Larsson book and one of the most anticipated movies of the year.

http://dragontattoo.com/

Last edited by the spitfire on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:37 am
David Fincher Gets The Girl
February 2011

The darkly obsessive director of 'Fight Club' and 'Se7en' takes on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. An exclusive first look from the set of the year’s most anticipated film.

http://www.wmagazine.com/celebrities/20 ... attoo_film

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:38 am
The uncensored version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo poster.

Last edited by the spitfire on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:39 am
David Fincher goes Swede on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
1 June 2011, The Guardian

A trailer suggests the director's use of the Stockholm setting could yield a more daring adaptation of Stieg Larsson's novel

The dismay that usually greets reports of a Hollywood remake of a European film has been notably absent from the debate over David Fincher's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. This may be due to the unambitious nature of the original Swedish film, which despite an acclaimed performance from Noomi Rapace as goth hacker Lisbeth Salander had the whiff of a nordic Midsomer Murders.

Fincher's version, starring Daniel Craig as crusading leftwing journalist Mikael Blomkvist and Rooney Mara as Salander, opens in the UK on Boxing Day (21 December in the US), a timing referenced in the first teaser trailer (which has just hit the web) with the gorgeously irreverent line: "The feel-bad movie of Christmas."

It's not the only aspect of the promo that feels daring and challenging in a way the Swedish film never did (a red-band version, leaked at the weekend and later removed, looks even more R-rated). Fincher shot in Stockholm, using many of the same locations as the original, but there's an air of menace and intrigue even in this teaser that hints at a far more bracing adaptation of Stieg Larsson's book, the first in his Millennium trilogy. A Karen O/Trent Reznor cover of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song adds to the sense of edgy insouciance, and Fincher's wintry Sweden looks as bleakly cruel as the most horrible of Larsson villains.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog ... gon-tattoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 am
The first teaser trailer in glorious HD.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony ... gontattoo/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:51 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5uDh_xoXsg

First preview from the 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' Soundtrack by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross. It was released along with the character profiles on the official site of the movie.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:55 am
"Are You Fucking Serious?"
August 2011

Daniel Craig (aka Mikael Blomkvist) was interviewed by Esquire magazine for their August issue and they asked him about working with David Fincher on 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo'. This is what Craig said:

"It's as adult as you can possibly make it. This is adult drama. I grew up, as we fucking all did, watching The Godfather and that, movies that were made for adults. And this is a $100 million R-rated movie. Nobody makes those anymore. And Fincher, he's not holding back. They've given him free rein. He showed me some scenes recently, and my hand was over my mouth, going, Are you fucking serious?"

http://www.esquire.com/features/daniel- ... iew-0811-3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
:lol: jeezus christ,and they are trying to make prometheus a pg13?what a joke.a drama gets r rating,which is cool ,not complaining.but a horror movie gets a rating for kids.come on.shame on you hollywood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
david fincher is my favourite director
trent reznor is my favourite musician/composer (sorry liam ;) )
girl with dragon tattoo is the best book i've read last year
movie is rated r
first trailer was amazing

they just cannot screw it up, if they do i'll very sad.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:31 pm
'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' Star Rooney Mara Talks About The Rape Scene, The NSFW Poster, And More
11 August 2011

In this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly we preview 98 of fall’s most anticipated movies, including, of course, David Fincher’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (out Dec. 21). Rooney Mara, who scored the coveted role of Lisbeth Salander after an epic and closely watched audition process, filled us in on her experience working on the film. Here are a few highlights from our story.

On her last meeting with Fincher after two-plus months of auditioning:

“At that point I was just super frustrated. I was like, ‘You have to decide. Either you think I’m the girl or you don’t. There’s not much more I can do to prove it to you.’ I went in there sort of ready to fight. I was pissed. But David sat me down and gave me this long speech about the part. Then he handed me his iPad, and it had the press release on it. He said, ‘I’m prepared to send this out. You have half an hour to let me know if you want the part.’”

On the controversial poster, which features Mara topless:

“I was supportive of it. I understand why there was a lot of controversy. People have a hard time with strong females and with nudity. But I think had I been doing something incredibly violent on the poster, people wouldn’t have had a problem with it. That sort of says a lot about the world that we live in. It’s just a teaser poster. I think it did just that. It teased people.”

On filming the book’s notoriously harrowing rape scene:

“It was incredibly intense. We did it all in a week — the week of Valentine’s Day, oddly enough. We were working 16 hours a day, and it was really, really challenging, not just emotionally but physically. But it’s such an important scene. We wanted to do everything we could to get that right.”

For more on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and all of fall’s biggest films, pick up this week’s issue, on newsstands now.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/11/d ... interview/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
the spitfire wrote:

“I was supportive of it. I understand why there was a lot of controversy. People have a hard time with strong females and with nudity. But I think had I been doing something incredibly violent on the poster, people wouldn’t have had a problem with it. That sort of says a lot about the world that we live in. It’s just a teaser poster. I think it did just that. It teased people.”

no dear.it's just that we are tired to see naked people everywhere and movies,music and so on use nudity for promotion.

as for the strong female thing.you're not strong just because you apear naked one a movie poster.i'm tyred of this stereotype.evey time you say something bad to a woman it always mean you say it because you have envy,or your jealous,or she's a strong,misunderstood woman.unfortunately this is the world we live today

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:09 am
*PinHead* wrote:
no dear.it's just that we are tired to see naked people everywhere and movies,music and so on use nudity for promotion.

as for the strong female thing.you're not strong just because you apear naked one a movie poster.i'm tyred of this stereotype.evey time you say something bad to a woman it always mean you say it because you have envy,or your jealous,or she's a strong,misunderstood woman.unfortunately this is the world we live today

You can actually see a lot less nudity in movies these days than you used to. In the case of the teaser poster nudity was obviously used not only to gain attraction but to tell the world that this is the no holds barred movie version of the book.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:19 am
Three Photos From The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
18 August 2011

Columbia Pictures has provided ComingSoon.net with three photos from David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, opening in theaters on December 21. "Dragon Tattoo" is the first film in the studio's three-picture adaptation of Stieg Larsson's literary blockbuster "The Millennium Trilogy."

Written by Steven Zaillian, the movie stars Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgård, Steven Berkoff, Robin Wright, Yorick van Wageningen and Joely Richardson.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81192

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:21 pm
Daniel Craig Calls Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 'Amazing'
24 August 2011

Daniel Craig has described whet he has seen of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as amazing.

Speaking to the Press Association the actor said: "From what I've seen, it looks amazing,"

"I'm just thrilled that Sony have given us the chance to make this movie. It's not going to be dumbed down in any way, because we're trying to appeal to a wider audience.

"It's for adults, therefore we've been able to make the movie that we wanted to make. It's like a very expensive independent movie."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/mov ... 98250.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
my previous opinion about this movie is starting to change. i loved the Swedish movies.

but i believe something really dark and ugly is hatching out of it.