<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  BLADE RUNNER 2 (2017)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:17 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
You're totally right. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
StasZ wrote:
but nothing that proves it doesn't either.

bseside fact that Blade Runner is adatation of Philip K. Dick novel titled 'Do Androids Dream of Electic Sheep?' which is definietly not set in alien universe.

also, PinHead made a good point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Producer Updates Blade Runner
29 December 2011

Alcon Entertainment producer Andrew Kosove updated progress on the Blade Runner sequel, revealing that the project "is moving forward aggressively."

"Here's the thing about Ridley. Ridley is a special guy. He's a force of nature. He's got a lot of stuff that he's working on. I believe it's an extremely high priority for Ridley, that's what he's said to me. This project is moving forward aggressively in development."

"Sometime in the first two months of the new year we'll announce who the screenwriter will be and whether or not it's a prequel or sequel. And then we'll be off to the races."

http://www.reelz.com/movie-news/12703/producer-updates-blade-runner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Great Scott !

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
...and then a few months later everyone can read the script online so there's no point in going to the theatres to see it and be pleasantly surprised by all its twisted plots and depth. :roll:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Do scripts come out so early on the net?

The only one I've read was Inception :) And it was after the release I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:46 pm
Some scripts tend to leak on the internet before their release.

I think "Inglourious Basterds" is still is the latest clusterfuck.

That script leaked before filming even began I think.

Glad I didn't read that :)

As for Ridley's upcoming projects I think secrecy is very important.
He does seem to keep Prometheus a mystery (Although the trailer answered a lot of our questions) regarding the story.
I read the 'Alien Harvest' script , which had an interesting story,
but thankfully was fake.

Chances are big this policy about secrecy will be passed on to the new Blade Runner project.
Which I really want to fucking see.

I don't care if it's a sequel or prequel , just give me another story with new characters in this beautiful dystopian world.

With today's technology , and Ridley Scott still behind the steering wheel,
this is gonna be fucking epic.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:57 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Quote:
Ridley Scott is still working on this summer’s Prometheus, but that hasn’t stopped him from lining up his next gig. He’s close to signing on to direct, The Counselor, which was written by Cormac McCarthy.

McCarthy is the Pulitzer prize winning author of No Country for Old Men and, my personal favorite, The Road. The Counselor is his first original screenplay.

Here’s a synopsis of The Councelor from Deadline New York:

“The protagonist is a respected lawyer who thinks he can dip a toe in to the drug business without getting sucked down. It is a bad decision and he tries his best to survive it and get out of a desperate situation.”

Scott was considering a few different projects as his follow up to Prometheus, including an historical epic about Gertrude Bell and an adaptation of Tom Rob Smith’s Child 44. Odds are he’ll sign on for The Counselor.

so no blade runner?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 am
*PinHead* wrote:
so no blade runner?

It doesn't mean that. 'Blade Runner' is still fairly early in development while 'The Counselor' script is ready to be filmed. Ridley like most of the top directors is always managing several projects simultaneously, projects in different stages of production.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
the spitfire wrote:
*PinHead* wrote:
so no blade runner?

It doesn't mean that. 'Blade Runner' is still fairly early in development while 'The Counselor' script is ready to be filmed. Ridley like most of the top directors is always managing several projects simultaneously, projects in different stages of production.

yeah but i don't know,there seems to be a lot of movies lately. i want him to do the forever war. he said years ago that they are working on it, then nothing,nada.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 am
*PinHead* wrote:
yeah but i don't know,there seems to be a lot of movies lately. i want him to do the forever war. he said years ago that they are working on it, then nothing,nada.

'Blade Runner' is a sure thing but like I said it's still at an early stage of development. It will take at the very least until next year before they can start filming so Ridley will shoot another movie in the meantime.

In the case of 'The Forever War' my guess is that none of the studios have been ready to give it the kind of budget Ridley and the project needs. I doubt it will happen now that Ridley is doing both 'Prometheus' and 'Blade Runner'.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 pm
Harrison Ford in talks to join Sequel.

No kidding.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
StasZ wrote:
Harrison Ford in talks to join Sequel.

No kidding.

He's way too old now. Only role I can see him doing now is chief bladerunner, or a mentor for newer bladerunners.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:51 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Dude's like in his late '60s? Well. Why would you want him as a main character in a new Bladerunner AGAIN? I hope they just push the movie franchise forward, and not do stuff because it is RIGHT or they have to. Anyway. Waaaaaay to early to speculate... let's focus on that new Batman movie, and Alien Prometheus, Hobbit, etc etc. Oh no no no, wait. Just ignore all the goofy news, and leave some room for surprises. :-D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:00 am
Breaking: Harrison Ford In Early Talks for Ridley Scott's New Blade Runner
4 February 2012

Is Deckard coming back?

In March of 2011 word broke that Alcon Entertainment and Warner Brothers had teamed up to return to the world of Ridley Scott's classic scifi Blade Runner. In following weeks Scott himself would sign on to direct the project - it is widely expected to be Scott's next project after Prometheus, though he's got a number in the works so scheduling could always change - but the official line has always been that Scott would be the only returning alumni, that the plan was a completely fresh reboot.

In fact, producer Andrew Kosove made this abundantly clear in an August interview with the LA Times, saying:

In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford, the answer is no. This is a total reinvention and in my mind that means doing everything fresh, including casting.

Well, either Kosove was throwing up a smoke screen or Scott disagrees.

Twitch has learned that Harrison Ford has entered into early talks to join the new Blade Runner. While this is still very early stages and it is quite possible that things won't work out the obvious implication is that what we are looking at is not a reboot but a direct sequel to the original.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/02/brea ... runner.php