<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  Terminator 2 - Best Visual Effects ever?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
I just rewatched terminator 2 on blue ray, i bet everyone here in age 20 + had seen this movie in a childhood or sometime later. I have seen this movie for a 30 times already, and one thing i need to say visual effects still are awesome after those 20 years.

I mean, there is a lot of movies with great visual effects, but after 5-8 years effects are old already, and dont look that well like in the premiere day. Here u have movie with great action sequences, and effects still looking awesome after 20 years.
And they didnt have multi core PC's back then with highly advanced 3D programs like now. i'm think this is the real magic of the cinema.

What do u guys think? Did u liked T2?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
That was back in they day where they relied more on effects houses to make props rather than just heavily rely on computers...thats the problem with most productions these days is that you can do so much on computers now that its a money saver. Honestly look at the first 3 Star Wars movies then look at the newest trilogy that was all Digital. Sure they do things in the newer 3 that they couldn't do back in the day but it takes all the realism and believability out of it in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:37 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
A lot of the T1000 effects look dated as hell.

:?

then again these were the early days of CGI...

and CGI can look great and pass the test of time... see: Jurassic Park :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:47 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
well yeah but for the new blu-ray release i think they re-did some of the digital effects

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Even if some look a bit outdated, still the feel of the movie, the atmoshere together with Brad Fiedel's amazing score beats most sci-fi movies of today.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
raggedflag wrote:
Even if some look a bit outdated, still the feel of the movie, the atmoshere together with Brad Fiedel's amazing score beats most sci-fi movies of today.

I do have to admit after all these years T2 still looks impressive. Not really many moments where you find yourself saying "That looks soo cheesy."

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
best effects for its age on a movie is still the 3 first star wars movies

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW