<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  Django Unchained - new Tarantino masterpiece

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:25 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
oh god this one's gonna be good
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1954193945/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
not a master piece...yet.

I am guessing he is going to repeat himself in this one too - he's becoming a caricature of himself, I don't think this movie will be surprising in any sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:01 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Exactly. Don't call a movie a masterpiece if no one has seen it yet. I'd really like to see it though, another movie to go see in the theatres.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Not really itching to see this, I'll wait for doovde.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:27 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
im a bit suprised... im a tarantino fan -> i call everything a masterpiece :lol:
i read the script that has leaked months ago and i love the sinister darkness and brutality off the theme itself, i think the trailer doesnt show it in its full extent...
you go on hating, ill spread the love :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
trailer for this is soo misleading just like 'Inglourious Basterds' trailer was, but IB blew me away. that james brown song is so unfitting, but besides that the shots looked awesome. quentin is still shooting this since november he really is getting all he wants and i think this will be one of the best film of the year along with PTA's "The Master".

tarantino is a boss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Hope this restores my faith then.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:29 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 664Location: CroatiaJoined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:18 am
i can already see that the best thing about the movie is waltz. that guy is great, for me only comparable to hugo weaving

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
I read the script (it was leaked a while ago). It's really really good.. and very surprising... the Dicaprio character is one eeeeviiiiilll sonufabitch.

The only disapointment was on the final duel.. it just didnt read that well on the page.. but cinema is a visual art so here's hoping Tarantino pulls off that "One man against a whole family" gun duel X)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Jamie Foxx? I hate him with a passion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
The only disapointment was on the final duel.. it just didnt read that well on the page.. but cinema is a visual art so here's hoping Tarantino pulls off that "One man against a whole family" gun duel X)

it was reported that tarantino did some significant rewrites in the script so expect some surprises.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:11 am
INTERNATIONAL TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJx09hnNEVA

now this is more like it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Don't care much about Tarantino

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
I dont like Tarantino. He is the most overrated director ever. He only made two movies that where actual good. And i think that was 50/50 pure luck and enough weed.

And the casting also helped.

Other then that.. i dont like his movies that much.

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Tarantino writes excellent dialogue, he has the visual eye as well, but not all of his movies are masterpieces. There's a few in there that are certainly very good. That much is certain.

Judging from the trailers it appears that 'Django Unchained' will be a Kill Bill in a Western setting. Hope it's good. Didn't care that much for 'Inglourious Basterds' but there were some excellent scenes in it. In my books 'Death Proof' was infinitely better. The dialogue in that is just killer.