<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  19-2 (best action scene on TV) [Update: English available]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm

Yesterday I witnessed something really special in terms of TV shows. In the first episode of the season two of a dramatic TV series made in Quebec, called 19-2, the main characters (two cops) intervene during a High School shooting (the 1 hour episode is mostly based around this event).

Apart from the realism Podz (the director) is known for, this episode is prodigious for one other reason: the use of a 13 minutes uncut Steadicam shot of the cops arriving at the crime scene and intervening while the shooter is still taking down victims.

I wanted to share. While the show is based in French, you probably wouldn't have a hard time understanding what they're talking about during that scene (them mostly asking "where are the f***ing backups").

You can catch the official streaming here: http://ici.tou.tv/19-2/S02E01

P.S.: Viewer discretion is advised. The 13 minutes shot is between 9:15 and 22:15. Also, you'll probably need a proxy, as I think the website is limited to Canada only. If I happen to find another link, or one that includes subtitles, I'll let you guys know.

Edit: title updated. English language version avaiblable here: http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/19-2/

Last edited by feelthy on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
And some tweets that support what I say:

Quote:
@dangaud
To all my english only speaking friends, you guys just missed one of the best hour of television I've seen. #19deux

Quote:
@ElisabethBucci
#19deux I watch a lot of American TV. This episode was easily the best TV I have ever seen. Still biting my nails.

Quote:
@clairexwelsh
Correction: Most intense TV I've seen anywhere. Really disconcerting single camera portrayal of a high school shooting. #19deux

Quote:
@SGirouxCTV
That was nerve-wrecking. And all of it through one single camera lense. Wow. #19deux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 am
The scene only (not the full episode):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPMgsZBnt4Q

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
I'm blown away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 am
Knew it.

Subtitles are also included now

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
awesome. wonder how many takes were necessary to make the end result.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:20 am
From what I've heard, 12.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Good news.

The show has been adapted into English language, and the school shooutout episode has just aired on Monday.

If you just wanna have a look at the said episode, go to this site ( http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/19-2/ ) and view Season 2 Episode 1. The long take in question is from approx. 7:25 to 20:20. The full episode is worth watching, though.

And if you're really interested in the show, and want to watch season 1 too, I suggest you pick the videos that are hosted on vidxden.com . Video quality is top notch. I didn't look into all of season 1, but it seems like they done a good job in being faithful to the original show, which is amazing.

All of season 1 (which aired last year) is available. I expect the episodes 2-10 of season 2 to come over every week during the next 9 weeks. Season 3 (final) should probably air next year.