<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  Petition to remove Ben Affleck as Batman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:19 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:46 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
..anybody remember the hatred for Heath Ledger casting for the joker before the film came out?

Yeah.... Affleck might surprise us... or he might not. let's wait and see.

I'm more concerned with the fact that Zack Snyder is still directing the next film... the guy is terrible.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Who cares about Batman anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:21 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
raggedflag wrote:
Who cares about Batman anyway?

There's just many people who like cosplay and comic book stories

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:01 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cX3F3ZgB8w

He'll be the first guy with 2 oscars to play Batman. (best director for Argo, best original screenplay for Good Will Hunting)

Zack Snyder is the problem here, really. Man of Steel sucked.

Now if only we could get Affleck to rewrite the script, co-direct....

Oh and comic book Bruce Wayne is always described as a guy with "movie star good looks"... so he already looks the part. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Blacklabel wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cX3F3ZgB8w

He'll be the first guy with 2 oscars to play Batman. (best director for Argo, best original screenplay for Good Will Hunting)

Zack Snyder is the problem here, really. Man of Steel sucked.

Now if only we could get Affleck to rewrite the script, co-direct....

Oh and comic book Bruce Wayne is always described as a guy with "movie star good looks"... so he already looks the part. :lol:

I thought Cavill was gonna suck in MOS, like THAT was its biggest problem. Cavill turned out great but Snyder fucked up once again and on a massive scale.

I recently read a load of dissatisfactory posts about Ledger being cast as the Joker. No idea why, he always had the acting chops to make the most out of his characters.

So Im giving Affleck a shot, fuck it, it cant be worse than Daredevil.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Wooooah, what a smell here!!!!!

Affleck sucks, Cavill sucks, Nolan sucks, Snyder sucks, who cares about Batman, fuck the Superman? But you smart asses know everything.

Sory for this comment, but you ppl are full of shit. FULL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:20 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
What's not true about
Agent Orange wrote:
There's just many people who like cosplay and comic book stories

then? Am I full of shit by saying this? Really? :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:36 pm
How dare people have opinions and speak their minds on the internet?

HOW DARE THEY?

:lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:20 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Guest01 wrote:
Wooooah, what a smell here!!!!!

Affleck sucks, Cavill sucks, Nolan sucks, Snyder sucks, who cares about Batman, fuck the Superman? But you smart asses know everything.

Sory for this comment, but you ppl are full of shit. FULL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
i hope he does it, and blows a kiss to the camera. just to piss the petitioners off.

theres no way he will be terrible and wont affect the dark knight trilogy, so just calm the fuck down internet.

man of steel was definitely average, but i thought the same thing about batman begins when i first saw it, but once everything kinda came together it felt better to me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:53 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
There's only one Batman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_West

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I think that it's a bad idea to begin with by bringing Batman into the Superman series so soon. Jesus, one of the most iconic superheroes in the history of superheroes and you only give him one movie on his own before jumping the gun and throwing Batman in the mix.

My real question is...
where do you go from here?

It's only the 2nd Superman movie and you already blew your load by throwing Batman in there.

They should have at least gave Superman a trilogy of his own or saved Batman for the third movie... this just feels too rushed.

Forget about Affleck being casted as Batman, there are bigger problems here with this movie.

Batman got a trilogy of his own... Superman got 1 movie.
Bad move in my opinion.

I don't really have an issue with Affleck, though I would have preferred Josh Brolin as an older Batman.

Nolan's Batman Trilogy was awesome... love the old Batmans... but Nolan's was definitely the best. I wish he would keep going with them. And for someone to say that Christopher Nolan sucks obviously hasn't got a clue since he is one of the greatest filmmakers currently out there and most likely behind the actual good parts of Man Of Steel. The Prestige is a goddamn amazing movie.

But now Warner Brothers are getting too greedy and trying to rush into a Justice League movie.

Sorry, did not like The Avengers nor any of the individual movies... Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk... all were either bleh or just plain shitty. And I think Justice League will be just as crappy.