<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII (2017)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:17 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 153Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:27 pm
Great film! Top 3 of SW, after V and VI episode.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Ok, saw it three times. As a huge Star Wars fan need to think about it. Soon will post my opinion.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:15 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
an old friend of mine thought it was to politcally correct and prefers the prequels.

i think hes fucking stupid.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
'The Force Awakens' the Fastest Film to Reach $1 Billion
27 December 2015

Disney and Lucasfilm just keep smashing box office records with 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'. The sequel already broke the records for biggest opening weekend, both domestically and internationally, and now the holiday weekend has helped the film plow through another record by reaching $1 billion in record time. Find out the latest 'The Force Awakens' box office numbers after the jump!

For the holiday weekend, 'The Force Awakens' is estimated to pull in $153.5 million domestically and $133.3 million overseas, bringing the total to about $1.09 billion after just 12 days. Those numbers are enough to make the movie’s second weekend bigger than all but nine of the biggest opening weekends of all-time. That’s insane. 'Jurassic World' held the previous record set just this year by reaching the goal in 13 days. Universal has already congratulated Lucasfilm and Disney on their success, but I wonder if another congratulations will be in order for this new record.

Even though these are just estimates right now (via ComingSoon), usually the real numbers don’t end up being lower than the estimates. So even though the official count isn’t in, this record will undoubtedly be broken this weekend. In the opening weekend, some were unsure if 'The Force Awakens' would break the international opening weekend record, but once the official numbers were in, there was no question.

Again, all this box office action is just 12 days after release, and the film will still be in theaters for a couple more months at least. And let’s not forget that the film has yet to open in China. Even though the country doesn’t really have a huge fanbase for Star Wars, Disney and Lucasfilm really made a huge marketing push to get the excitement flowing over there, so there will at least be some money coming from over there.

This weekend 'The Force Awakens' also broke the record for biggest Christmas Day box office with $49.3 million, not to mention having the highest Monday and Tuesday box office totals earlier in the week, beating records previously set by 'Spider-Man 2' back in 2004.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-force-awak ... 1-billion/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Warrior wrote:
an old friend of mine thought it was to politcally correct and prefers the prequels.

i think hes fucking stupid.

Agreed...

Anyway, the chicks dig BB-8...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I'm in the NIN fan forums Echoing The Sound and this one dude is absolutely infuriated with the new Star Wars movie, like hands down raging over it. He just won't stop about how much it's a terrible movie. Then again, he goes around to threads on there and just hates on anything where a large amount of people are praising. I think he feels he's superior if the doesn't like something that many people do like.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:27 pm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:18 am
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaalll!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Not a huge Star Wars fan but i agree that it was very good.Those prequels were mediocre.This one had the magic of the old ones.I think the next two will be epic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 pm
Luke Skywalker Appears In the Announcement Teaser for 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
15 February 2016

Cameras have started rolling on 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' and while the picture is still two years away from hitting theaters, Disney has dropped the first teaser (link below) to announce cameras have rolled, with an appearance from a very familiar face.

Just as 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' ended on Luke Skywalker's face, it looks like the next chapter will be picking up from there. It's a pretty terrific little teaser, and you'd kind of have to be a bit dead inside not to feel a little bit excited.

Meanwhile, the studio has also confirmed the addition of new cast members Laura Dern, Benicio del Toro, and Kelly Marie Tran.

Rey took her first steps into a larger world in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, 'Star Wars: Episode VIII', which began principal photography at Pinewood Studios in London on February 15, 2016.

'Star Wars: Episode VIII', which is written and directed by Rian Johnson ('Looper') and continues the storylines introduced in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens', welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran. –Slashfilm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQQMLE4FuIQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1729Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 pm
well I am a "bit dead inside" all right.
Control + C Star Wars IV
Control + V Star Wars VII
next episode should be titled the first order strikes back.
in itself episode VII could be good. knowing IV V & VI it is kind of lame. Luke is kinda hilarious, one student of his turns and he just ups and quits, great personality, yeah! not to mention mark hamill looks like an alcoholic.
i dont even mention the natzi speech and the arm raises. heil hitler was replaced by something else but I felt it humiliating towards the dark side.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:15 am
'Star Wars: Episode VIII': Rian Johnson Shares New Image
9 June 2016

Is this what Jedi will be wearing in December 2017? Or could it be, as the director himself has jokingly suggested, the cloak that Rian Johnson has been sporting as he oversees 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'. Either way, it's the latest image that Johnson has posted to his Tumblr page from the movie's production.

Johnson is getting close to winding up at least principal photography on the follow-up to 'The Force Awakens', though of course the long haul of post-production, any potential additional shooting and then the press march for the film means that he's got a lot of work still ahead of him.

And a lot about the next main 'Star Wars' entry remains to be disclosed: despite recent rumours, the title of the film is still a mystery and we don't know much about what actually happens in the film, beyond, one can assume, more from Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker, Daisy Ridley's Rey, John Boyega's Finn and Adam Driver's Kylo Ren. The resistance will have more trouble from the First Order, who will no doubt be looking for a little payback after the destruction of Starkiller Base and the deeper machinations of Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis) will no doubt become clearer.

http://www.empireonline.com/people/rian ... new-image/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 pm
Kathleen Kennedy Made Your Favourite Childhood Films. Now She's Reinventing Star Wars
12 December 2016

From 'E.T.' to 'Jurassic Park', Kennedy produced a generation of blockbusters. Now as president of Lucasfilm, she's planning an endless Star Wars universe – and reshaping how movies are made.

Kathleen Kennedy likes to tell a story. It's 1991, early in the making of 'Jurassic Park'. "Steven [Spielberg] very much wanted a dinosaur to run in the movie," she says. As a producer, it was Kennedy's job to get the director's vision on screen. "You can usually find a way to execute what you're trying to do to tell a story. Sometimes it's what you don't see that solves it. But when you really want to see a dinosaur run, you need to figure out how you're going to do that."

Initially, the plan was this: the dinosaur close-ups would be filmed using animatronics, whereas the full-length creatures would be shot using stop-motion, the technique favoured for monster movies since the 1930s. For the rest, Kennedy and Spielberg turned to Industrial Light & Magic, the pioneering effects shop established by their close friend George Lucas to make 'Star Wars': touching out puppeteering cables and adding motion blur. But it wasn't working. The stop motion was still too jittery. It broke the illusion.

The Full Story: Wired

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Rogue One - Creating Grand Moff Tarkin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMB2sLwz0Do&t=314s

Offline Profile