<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  Who OR What Was Your Hardest Boss Battle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
every game has its boss battles at some point, name the game and which boss was the most hardest, frustrating and annoying boss you've ever went against

i aint figured out mine yet, but i think i might make a top five list, i thought this would be a cool idea for a thread so i done it while i remembered :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
In no particular order: Just some Bosses I can remember that were hard as nails.

Most bosses on Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 were solid, in fact both of those games were brick shit. The Helicopter boss from the first game and the ghost boss near the end were rediculous. I never completed 2 because I traded the fucker in before they released the patch to fix the freeze at some random cutscene, bastards.

The Gold Racer on 1080 snowboarding on the N64, he was a bastard.

It's really anoying me now because I can't think of many more, but there must be.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2174Location: U.S.A.Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am
The very first flying monster boss on top of the rainy mountain in Lost Odyssey. It's like a giant punch in the balls in terms of out-of-nowhere difficulty. This guy...

Your only hope is to just attack and attack and attack and hope he doesn't cast 'Down Burst' any more than twice because then you're fucked. I saw many a Game Over screens when I first played this.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
man I remember that fucker!

It's near the start of the game and your guys are pretty low level. He was a bit of a kick in the teeth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:23 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
Image :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:31 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 12Location: Norfolk,UKJoined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:41 pm
Lol dont laugh but the hardest boss iv played to date is on Final Fantasy 8. I was on that boss before the time compression think it was called Adel lol. Found that tricky because the summons attacked Adel and that girl. That Adel did some damage too. Was actually stuck on that bit for years untill all my saves were erased, Ended up re doing the game from the start untill igot up where i got stuck lol. But with some determination and alotta smokes i WON :-D .... tho never completed the game .... :roll:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:35 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 852Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:25 am
Bosses in the PS2 game shinobi.

Thats just fucking rape.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Viewtiful Joe on the DS, still havent done it to this day.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:42 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Not the hardest bosses in game history, but downright scary. If you have no health and no rockets, your hope is zero.

Nightmare and Ridley, Metroid Fusion...

...on the 1% challenge.

Ofcourse there are tricks to beat them... but beating him the normal way (on your own) is just... fucking sick. Looking at other people doing it is nonsense... try it yourself. No rockets, no health. Bleeeeeee... :( If you like a challenge, well... here it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:30 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 694Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:15 pm
I remember one of the secret boses from Super Mario RPG (Super Nintendo) was hard as fuck. This boss was inside a mountain and you had to use a bomb or something like that to get in.

Also, the last boss from Zelda - A Link to the Past (Ganon?) was hard too.

And, I used to own a Sonic game on the Nintendo DS and Dr. Eggman was tough. It took me a week to beat him.

#1 for sure, was the Super Mario RPG Boss that I mentioned before. That took me a couple of weeks, or more, this was like 12-14 years ago, but man, I suffered to beat him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:07 pm
fking sonic!

the boss at the end of Sonic 2 (where ou had to beat metal sonic + robotnic in a huge robot without any rings)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:22 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
Shin Akuma in Street Fighter Alpha 3... still never beat him as i can recall lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
Fifer wrote:
fking sonic!

the boss at the end of Sonic 2 (where ou had to beat metal sonic + robotnic in a huge robot without any rings)

once uve got it, its easy peasy. although i put the cheats in so i could play that one level over n over :oops:

sonic > mario

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:43 am
yea man you need to memorise the attack patterns, but it's a pain in the arse.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
Kintaro in Mortal Kombat II!! Fuck him! :evil:

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW