<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  PS3 Delayed in Europe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:02 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
:lol: who didnt see this happening!!

Well done Sony! Anyways.... i was going to be getting one around March next year, so looks like i might be getting one at launch :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5319190.stm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:00 am
User avatarHot ModeratorHot ModeratorPosts: 668Location: Surrey UKJoined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:46 pm
least ill have the wii and loads 360,DS and PSP games to keep me busy :D,i was expecting to get it in nov but im kinda happy it got delayed now i can get all the dvds i was gonna get haha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1999Location: Cork - IrelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 am
nice 1 for Sony..... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:27 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 332Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:50 pm
It also looks like they will be shipping 400k in the U.S. and 100k in Japan on launch. there were 1.5 million 360's at launch and there was still a shortage, good job Sony. I hate Sony so much.[/url]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2174Location: U.S.A.Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am

Sorry. I couldn't resist. That sucks for the european ppl.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:07 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 96Location: FloridaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:19 pm
Grand-

Quote:
Teamxbox-

Kutaragi Got PWNED

Hey Ken, do you remember all the things you said about the Xbox 360? If not, let me refresh your mind:

“The Xbox 360 is Going After the PlayStation 2.”

Well Ken, at this pace, you will go after the Xbox 360…just make sure you launch the PS3 before the next round of next-gen consoles.

“The Xbox 360 won't change the type of entertainment.”

Neither will the PlayStation 3 with these constant delays, so hurry up before a cell phone can pull of PS3 graphics.

"Xbox 360 is 1.5, the PS3 is more than what I was expecting, so it's 3.5."

Yeah, you should probably name the PS3 the PS3.5 because it will launch so close to the PlayStation 4 that a 3.5 makes more sense than 3.

“The Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console.”

Well Ken, the truth is that by the time you launch the PlayStation 3.5 in Europe, both AMD and Intel will be offering quad-core processors and some motherboards will support two of those processors, allowing people to have 8 cores inside their computers. Plus, both ATI and nVIDIA will be offering DirectX 10-class GPU early next year, meaning you will be the only one with an older shader architecture instead of the new unified model implemented in both Windows Vista and the Xbox 360.

Ken, now that I think about it again, you might want to rename your next-generation console as PlayStation 2.5.

Riiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaaacer!

I remember Kazuo Hirai saying at E3 that, "the next generation doesn't start until we say it does!"…hrmmmm, so when would that be Kaz?

Does the next generation begin this November with 400,000 consoles in North America, without Metal Gear Solid 4 or Fight Night Round 3. Oh, my bad, I forgot about Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaacer!

Ha Ha

This is what happens when you open your big mouth and talk trash about the competition. If you fail, everyone will laugh at you. This is definitely not a good start for the PlayStation 3 and if things don’t change, the PS2 successor is destined to fail. The console is expensive, delayed and will be outdated by the time it launches. Other than the Blu-ray Disc capabilities, the PlayStation 3 won’t bring anything new in terms of interactive entertainment.

Just pray Halo 3 doesn’t come up next March or green will be a color all Sony executives will forever dream with.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:12 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Rampage99 wrote:
Grand-

Quote:
Teamxbox-

Kutaragi Got PWNED

Hey Ken, do you remember all the things you said about the Xbox 360? If not, let me refresh your mind:

“The Xbox 360 is Going After the PlayStation 2.”

Well Ken, at this pace, you will go after the Xbox 360…just make sure you launch the PS3 before the next round of next-gen consoles.

“The Xbox 360 won't change the type of entertainment.”

Neither will the PlayStation 3 with these constant delays, so hurry up before a cell phone can pull of PS3 graphics.

"Xbox 360 is 1.5, the PS3 is more than what I was expecting, so it's 3.5."

Yeah, you should probably name the PS3 the PS3.5 because it will launch so close to the PlayStation 4 that a 3.5 makes more sense than 3.

“The Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console.”

Well Ken, the truth is that by the time you launch the PlayStation 3.5 in Europe, both AMD and Intel will be offering quad-core processors and some motherboards will support two of those processors, allowing people to have 8 cores inside their computers. Plus, both ATI and nVIDIA will be offering DirectX 10-class GPU early next year, meaning you will be the only one with an older shader architecture instead of the new unified model implemented in both Windows Vista and the Xbox 360.

Ken, now that I think about it again, you might want to rename your next-generation console as PlayStation 2.5.

Riiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaaacer!

I remember Kazuo Hirai saying at E3 that, "the next generation doesn't start until we say it does!"…hrmmmm, so when would that be Kaz?

Does the next generation begin this November with 400,000 consoles in North America, without Metal Gear Solid 4 or Fight Night Round 3. Oh, my bad, I forgot about Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaacer!

Ha Ha

This is what happens when you open your big mouth and talk trash about the competition. If you fail, everyone will laugh at you. This is definitely not a good start for the PlayStation 3 and if things don’t change, the PS2 successor is destined to fail. The console is expensive, delayed and will be outdated by the time it launches. Other than the Blu-ray Disc capabilities, the PlayStation 3 won’t bring anything new in terms of interactive entertainment.

Just pray Halo 3 doesn’t come up next March or green will be a color all Sony executives will forever dream with.

Pretty much owned. :007:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:21 am
User avatarHot ModeratorHot ModeratorPosts: 668Location: Surrey UKJoined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:46 pm
wow fanboy article, and lets not forget that peice of shit launch the 360 had where everyone bitched hatein microsoft cos they never got theres and the lack of 360s and payin for a $300 heater that melted discs haha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:25 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 332Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:50 pm
Stacy wrote:
wow fanboy article, and lets not forget that peice of shit launch the 360 had where everyone bitched hatein microsoft cos they never got theres and the lack of 360s and payin for a $300 heater that melted discs haha

Mine never overheated, maybe it did if i had been playing for 6 to 8 hours straight, but even then it wasn't that bad.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:25 pm
yeah mine never did either but ammount of people that said theres did i was thinkin wtf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:37 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 96Location: FloridaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:19 pm
Stacy wrote:

While the breakdowns were fairly common (yes, mine indeed broke- constant freeze ups) they were normal. Let's not forget that the PS2 still doesn't function properly and is past it's 15th version. The PS2 hardware is crap. When it launched all that was talked about were dirty disc errors and everybody was standing it in different positions trying to make it play the disc.

MS wasn't expecting the resounding demand they got for the 360. Their estimates were blown away which is a good thing. The 360 has pretty much had the best launch to date.

This article was really just in retaliation against Sony execs bashing the Wii and 360 all the time. This article has plenty of truth behind it even if it comes off as fanboyish.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:13 am
GruntGruntPosts: 8Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:14 am
HD DVD might win the war against Blu Ray... HD DVD is coming out in the winter for the 360... and Blu ray, well, god knows when...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
i dont know if either of them are really going to "win" i mean honestly everyone over the last couple of years have been going crazy buying DVD's and everyone now is just getting up to date with that....i just dont know if i see everyone ready and willing to start their movie collections all over again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2174Location: U.S.A.Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am
chumpclassic wrote:
i dont know if either of them are really going to "win" i mean honestly everyone over the last couple of years have been going crazy buying DVD's and everyone now is just getting up to date with that....i just dont know if i see everyone ready and willing to start their movie collections all over again.

Very good point. There are still DVDs I need to round out my collection and I know for a fact I wont be starting over. I could really care less about HD & Bluray disks especially when Holodisks are going to kick both those formats ass'.

Offline Profile WWW