<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  X06

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:13 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
Anyone watch the confrence last night?

I thought it was great :lol: loved the little digs at Sony from Peter Moore... We are launching Gears Of war in Europe on the 17th of Nov, just 5 days after the North American release, NOT 5 months... :lol: When Forza 2 launches it will come with 300 cars on disc.. :lol: Anyways back to the confrence, probably the best MS confrence iv watched. Soo many good games were shown, Assasins Creed was draw dropingly amazing (don't think the player was meant to die at the end though ;)), same can be said for Gears Of War, it just keeps on looking and sounding better and better. The whole Peter Jackson thing could be good to (couldnt really understand him though!)
Halo Wars, never has a CGI/FMV video made mt draw drop... but my god, that was incredible, Microsoft need to get whoever made it to make like a little Halo series for Xbox Live, downloadable for a hundred MS Points :)
Game wise the only real dissapointment for me was Lost Odyssey, the CGI sequence looked incredible, but once it came to real time it seemed really slow and rather dull! (it stil looked fucking amazing graphically, but as we all know it isnt all about graphics!)

Anyways, my highs and lows from X06 so far..

Highs.
Halo Wars ( www.halowars.com )
Banjo Kazui
Assasins Creed
Blue Dragon
PGR 4 Announcement
HD-DVD Price! (£130, 200euro,$200 )
Gears Of War
Splinter Cell 5 Exclusive to the 360
Bioshock Exclusive

Lows.
Lost Odyssey
No RTCW360 news so far!
No B.C announced
No official announcement about UT2K7 (but can see wh with Gears being Epics big game on the 360 right now)
No Halo 3 news!but we will be getting some before the year is up!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:50 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 96Location: FloridaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:19 pm
X06 was definitely awesome! I got to see almost the entire thing with the exception of the Gears of War presentation (I had to pick my bother and sisters up from school since I'm home from college at the moment). I'd say it's the most content packed conference I've ever seen.

My favorite announcement was that Splinter Cell (after Double Agent) will be a 360 exclusive! The next installment will be made by the Montreal team which are 100 times better than the Shanghai team. Montreal did the first game and Chaos Theory which are both the most fun in the series and the most ground breaking (both in gameplay and in graphics). the next gem in the series will be called Splinter Cell Conviction and I've already got the concept art for it. (I have a 3 and a half gig file that was leaked from Ubisoft with stuff on 15 unannounced games, lol.)

Speaking of that document I got, when that girl died at the end of Assassins Creed it showed the "death screen". Except it wasn't actually a death screen. That wasn't supposed to be shown. I have a screen cap (in PSD for with all the layers so I can actually tinker with it) of the pause menue and when you pause it comes up with a very futuristic screen. In the top left it says "Memory Paused". So basically this game doesn't actually take place during the crusades, you are actually in a memory simulation program or something.

I'd also like to point out something when it comes to Lost Odyssey. The gameplay that has been shown so far is not the final fighting system. The real fight system has apparently not been implemented yet that's why the game only had one type of a attack and one power boost. another interesting tidbit is the graphics will be vastly improved by the time the game is lauched (hard to believe with how amazing the game already looks). Mistwalker doesn't have the final build of the Unreal Engine 3 yet so at the moment the game is only able to run on one of the 360's 3 cores. What has been shown so far only shows 80% of what the graphics will look like when it's released. On top of that physics will be implemented into the game along with plenty of other features.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:26 pm
User avatarHot ModeratorHot ModeratorPosts: 668Location: Surrey UKJoined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:46 pm
cant wait too see how the new banjo kazooie will look, cant belive its back :D:D:D:D:D:D