<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  DJ Hero coming soon!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:04 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 694Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:15 pm
Development of a DJ version of the game 'Guitar Hero' has been confirmed.

A turntable spin-off of the guitar-based computer game has long been rumoured, but now Bobby Kotick CEO of makers Activision Blizzard has spoke about the venture.

"We have this product called 'DJ Hero' coming out later this year, which is a turntable that you actually can play competitively and spin discs and mix songs," he told CNBC.

No dates has been set for the release of the new game.

'Guitar Hero' has scored over $1 billion in sales since its launch in 2005.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/42470

Fuck Yeah, give me some Dj Shadow and Cut Chemist and now we are talking!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
can't see how that would work very well.

Being a DJ in front of a massive crowd of......... Oh wait your TV. Possibly one of the sadest things I've ever heard.

You know I was speaking to some gadge the other day and he was like "yea I'm in a band mate, I'm the lead singer." I was like yea? What's your band called man? "Oh you won't have heard of us." Try me man, I know a lot of the local bands around here. "well we're not an actual band yet we practice on rock band the game."

........Slowly walks away......

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:04 pm
Fifer wrote:
"well we're not an actual band yet we practice on rock band the game.

LMAO :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:10 am
Fifer wrote:
can't see how that would work very well.

Being a DJ in front of a massive crowd of......... Oh wait your TV. Possibly one of the sadest things I've ever heard.

I always had the dream of being DJ Shadow and having his mad skills so having this at home in front of a TV will kick ass for me. I never had a turntable nor anything like that so this will be enough for me and see how it feels to scratch on a fake turntable... I am sold!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2174Location: U.S.A.Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am
Could be fun so long as Activision doesn't milk the fuck out of it like they've done with Guitar Hero. Oh and music has to been good too.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:07 am
FUCK YEAH!!!

Music genres include “hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance,” and the game will let users create “original mixes”.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2009/05/dj ... announced/

Give me some Beastie Boys, Dj Shadow, Chemical Brothers, Paul Van Dyk!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i think thats gonna be complete fail

its just gonna be for their profit

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:11 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1006Location: SlovakiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm
uh?
i dont know,for me it is bit pointless,when there are programs like virtual dj or traktor...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:26 am
I am the "casual" Guitar Hero / Rock Band player and I always had a dream of spinning vinyl and being the next Dj Shadow.

I dont have the cash for a professional deck or the skills to be like Dj Shadow so when I see a turntable just like the one pictured above, it makes me feel like a have a chance of becoming the next Dj Shadow even if its on a plastic deck. This product is definitely going to make me happy, I dont care what anyone says.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:52 am
Fuck yeah. Dj Shadow is featured on Dj Hero!!!

here are a couple of his tracks (which are remixes)

http://www.djhero.com/music

Also, I read on ign.com that Mix Master Mike was heavily involved in the actual making of the turntable and some of the music.

Tracklisting so far:

* Benni Benassi "Satisfaction" vs. Black Eyed Peas "Boom Boom Pow"
* Gwen Stefani "Hollaback Girl" vs. Rick James "Give it to Me"
* Gorillaz' "Feel Good Inc." vs. Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
* Chuck Brown & The Souls Searchers' "Bustin' Loose" vs. The Zombies' "Time of the Season" (DJ Shadow Mix)
* David Bowie's "Let's Dance" vs. KRS-One's "Jack of Spades" (DJ Shadow Mix)
* Nirvana's "All Apologies" vs. Rick James' "Give It to Me Baby" (DJ Shadow Mix)
* Jurassic 5's "Jayou" vs. Herbie Hancock's "Rockit"
* Tears for Fears' "Shout" vs. Eric Prydz' "Pjanoo"

At least three superstar DJs will appear in the game: DJ Shadow, DJ AM, and Z-Trip. Not only will they be lending their likeness, but each is creating mixes for players to rock. Activision has also confirmed that DJ Shadow's good buddy Cut Chemist is contributing mixes, but it is unclear at this time whether or not he will appear in the game. Shadow, Z-Trip, and Cut Chemist are all huge names in the scratch community and are highly respected turntablists.

Here is a video of Dj Hero with a dude doing a mix:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/427/0

Looks good to me!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:20 pm
Finally played a demo of DJ Hero at Best Buy and it is very sweet. I love the scratching aspect of the game but I found the surface of the turntable somewhat slippery. I had some instances where my hand slipped from the buttons when scratching. Maybe it was my hands getting wet.

One thing that felt strange was the crossfading. I felt that my inputs with the switch were not being properly read which caused some frustration. Maybe it was because this thing had been used by lots of people and it got screwed.

Overall this is definitely a buy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:41 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 708Location: Adelaide, AustraliaJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:57 pm
Maybe they didn't calibrate the lag if it was on a HD-TV. I've been to mates places and played Guitar Hero or whatever and it has been lagging because they didn't know that such a thing exists.

I think this DJ one would be cool for drunken parties and stuff, but I can't buy anymore shit like this, got guitars everywhere and drum kits and shit. They aren't getting used unless I have a party or something, which is hardly at all anymore.

Plus... Where's The Prodigy?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:43 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
ill just be happy if this keeps a lot of the stoner wannabes away from real decks + away from the stage so i never have to witness another naff fucking DJ in my life. amen

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:56 pm
Dj Shadow signed DJ hero deck available on his website:

http://djshadow.com/news/dj-hero-now-av ... right-here

I wish I had the $$$ :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:04 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
http://www.banggang.com.au/

Quote:
To celebrate the release of (drum rooooooolllll) DJ Hero, the people down at Guitar Hero HQ (yes they also make DJ Hero...durrr) asked us to put together a podcast featuring all (well most of it anyway) of the music from the game. So here it is, 69 songs in 10 mins ... Vanilla Ice, Daft Punk, Public Enemy, Queen, Beastie Boys and more. If you haven't seen the preview of the game yet go check it out at djhero.com. It's wild.
http://www.banggang.com.au/podcast/the- ... J-Hero.mp3

Decent listen.

Offline Profile