<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  Any retro gamers here?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:31 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 495Location: Belfast, IrelandJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:57 pm
im playing Shadowrun from the Super Nintendo on a hacked psp! awesome cant stop playing it, its a real cyberpunk game basically its Blade Runner the game since its in a similar universe. More people need to play this, really underrated!

Still have my NES, SNES and Mega Drive up in attic - they all still work too, built to last (unlike recent consoles)

Any underrated old skool game faves?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Been gaming since I was born. I absolutely loved Snoopy's Magic Show on the Gameboy! I may dig it out and play it again now actually!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
its hard to remember my first game i ever played but my big brother was a huge nes and snes fan, we never had any sega's and i gamed ever since i could remember thanks to my big bro

i still play most of them today on an emulator, would be awesome to have the original console but i just dont have the room for it all, and i'm finally getting some genesis games on the go aswell, agent orange is a big fan of the retro games, i'm surprised he's not invaded the place already.

i love retro games, theres something about them new games cannot do i'm still playing super mario rpg, what a fantastiv game that was, shame it was released at the end of the snes's life else everyone would have played it !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:36 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Some oldschool games I'm playing lately:

Metroid 2 - Return of Samus (Gameboy)
Zelda - Link's Awakening (GameBoy)
Terranigma (SNES)
Castlevania (NES)

Just re-discovered I can play those old GameBoy classic games on my Gamecube ON MY TV! Playing Wario Land 3 on big screen is just too funny. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:04 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 708Location: Adelaide, AustraliaJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:57 pm
Yeah one right here.

Playing Chrono Trigger on DS (but basically the same as SNES)
Castlevania : Aria of Sorrow (GBA, But using the Gamecube GBA player)
Super Castlevania 4 (SNES - My favorite Castlevania, favorite music)
Shenmue (Dreamcast - Just played it for 2 days and then had to get back to normal living again)

It's too hard to find time to play any game these days. There's still so many old school games I want to play and get through...

Also playing Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix... But man I hate the 360 d-pads. It's not really a retro game. But its a update of a game that was an update of a game that you could call retro.. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
The Last Ninja wrote:
Castlevania : Aria of Sorrow (GBA, But using the Gamecube GBA player)
Super Castlevania 4 (SNES - My favorite Castlevania, favorite music)

Good choices! 4 is indeed very good (music!), but I like the freedom in other castlevanias more. AoS is brilliant too. Finished it not too long ago. It has a timer so I can do a speedrun for it too. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:39 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 708Location: Adelaide, AustraliaJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:57 pm
Yes man! They've all got good music (besides HOD on GBA) but the music on SC4 just is soooo good. Plus the game have alot of stages so there is tons of music in it. I love how the classic tunes in Castlevania games get redone time and time again....

I agree the newer Castlevania's are good and it was a good move to go the way of Metroid style exploration. But I'd love for them to make a new castlevania in the old linear style of the early ones... I mean, now that I've kicked Rondo of Bloods ass a few times.. I've only got to finish The megadrive castlevania.. then thats it for the old school ones.

I aint done a speed run of anything for years.. probably the last time I did that was with maybe RE1 on the PS... I'm certain my best time for that was somewhere around 1hr 20mins..

But coz I got so many games I haven't got time to learn a game inside out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
My underrated retro-game I played in good old nes-days was CRYSTALIS.
:cool:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:49 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 495Location: Belfast, IrelandJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:57 pm
Metroid - all of them are good, the only one i have not played is prime 3 on the wii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:28 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 135Location: Middle of nowhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:27 pm
Metroid 3 on wii makes a perfect good use of the wii controls, i mean a proper innovative way of playng fps and if you liked the 2 prvious Metroids i really recomend you to try this one.
Will not be disapointed. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:36 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 135Location: Middle of nowhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:27 pm
Underrated game: Menace for the Commodore Amiga, for some reason i was addicted to that game.

Old systems i own : Amiga 500, ZX Spectrum, Gameboy, Gameboy colour,
SNES, Megadrive, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, Saturn and WII 8-)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:53 am
All my systems (old & New) : Colecovision, Commodore 64, Sega Master System (1 & 2), Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in U.S.), Sega 32x, Sega Mega CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, NES (Toploader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy pocket, GBA, GBA-SP, GBA (Micro), Xbox, Xbox 360, Playstation, PSONE, PS2 (Old big one), PS3.

ah.. forgot my Atari Lynx, DS, and DS lite... well.. the Lite is my wifes.. I used to have a Game Gear but gave it to my brother. Forgot my PSP (second version) as well.. fuck... too much shit to remember. Only really using the PSP these days as a Media Player really.

Always looking for more old systems. Things on top of my list are the Intellivision, Atari 2600, Commodore 16, Amiga 500.

Last edited by The Last Ninja on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:26 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
SpeeDemon wrote:
Old systems i own : Amiga 500, ZX Spectrum, Gameboy, Gameboy colour,
SNES, Megadrive, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, Saturn and WII 8-)

I own/owned a NES, SNES, N64, Cube, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy colour, Gameboy Pocket, GBA SP, DS, DS Lite, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Gear, Master System, Mega Drive and Saturn :-D So from the NES onwards I think I only never owned a GB Micro, PSP and the Sega 32X thingy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
ah yeah i always wanted a sega when it was out, my household was nintendo only until the PS arrived and yet that was supposed to be nintendo.

first console was the Nes and i still own the thing but i never use the console itself to play games simply because i no longer have a tv that will work with it.

anywayy i've owned:

Nes, Gameboy, Snes, Gameboy Colour, atari 5200, Ps one and its smaller psx version, n64.

i also had/have the gamecube, ps2, ps3, xbox (sold it because i thought it was shite and it was !) xbox 360 and the wii and gba but there not classed as retro and might not be for many years

and in the games department, i'm running through zelda 2 for the Nes at the moment, i've always wanted to get it finished !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 pm
Man I never beat Zelda 2 either.

And hey! the xbox is good man, what you on about? I reckon the original gigantic controller was ASSS but they fixed that.

had 3 linked up for OUTRUN2 last weekend and everyone was loving it.. gonna do a 4 xbox Halo 2 Deathmatch night sometime soon. Can't wait. Just hope people don't bring their whiny gf's/wives this time..

Offline Profile