<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  street fighter 4..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
+1 stuie

disco just leave the thread alone man your taking shit too seriously :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
I like this game, I didn't at first but now I do that I'm getting better at it :) I'm working my way through the challenges now 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1430Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:04 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
+1 stuie

disco just leave the thread alone man your taking shit too seriously :lol:

ok, i'm sorry :-D
i wont write here anymore....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
i need some help with this
how do you unlock the secret characters then ?

and if you wanna add me on xbox live my gamertag is toughermrdeano
come challenge me :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
okay found it hope this helps anyone else

Quote:
Unlockable Fighters Requirements
Cammy Beat Arcade Mode with Crimson Viper.
Fei Long Beat Arcade Mode with Abel.
Gen Beat Arcade Mode with Chun Li.
Rose Beat Arcade Mode with M. Bison (Dictator).
Sakura Beat Arcade Mode with Ryu.
Dan Beat Arcade Mode with Sakura.
Akuma Unlock Cammy, Dan, Fei Long, Gen, Rose and Sakura. Beat the game again — but use a character you've beat the game with before. You cannot continue and must win 2 rounds by perfect victories.
Gouken Unlock Akuma and beat the game with him. Then beat the game again with any character by winning the matches in the following ways...

Fight 1. Perfect
Fight 2. Ultra
Fight 3. Ultra
Fight 4. Ultra
Fight 5. Normal
Fight 6. Normal
Fight 7. Normal
Fight 8. Normal
Seth Beat arcade mode with all characters. Beat Arcade Mode with Gouken. You cannot continue.

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/jan/25/unlockable-characters-trophies-achievements-ps3-xbox-360-street-fighter-4/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:24 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
heres an attempt to revive it...Question: i know previious sf's never had unlockable characters, is this the same ? i'd not mind somone comparing it to new to old cuz at the moment to me it just seems like the same old street fighter but with fancy graphics which in my booxs is not worth 40 quid when u can download the same gameplay online for nothing, so somone tell me whats new

Edit: nevermind dirt answered the unlockables question for me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
Theres a new thing in the fighting called focus attacks which you can use in a few different ways to help you win, like you could charge it up as someones jumping, so when they land, it knocks them to the ground, or use it as you're about to be attacked and you can absorb their attack so that you don't get damaged by it. it can be a bit tricky to pick up but once you master it, it works to your advantage.

theres 5 new characters to try out, some you may like and some you will probably hate. I like Abel, C Viper and Seth, but I hate El Fuerto and Rufus. what else, errrrm, theres ultra combo and super combo finishes which are like two special moves each character has. you get to do these in two different ways. one is awarded by taking a certain amount of damage for you to do a revenge attack, and the other comes rewarded for dealing out damage to the other player and performing certain moves. i dont know if this is in SF3 as i never played it, but i know it definitley wasn't in SF2.

Theres also a load of challenges to complete in the game which will unlock colours for the costumes, personal actions or taunts, and of course acheivements if you're playing on the xbox, not too sure about the ps3 trophies, probably the same i'd imagine. theres survival mode, time attack, and a mode where you have to pull off combos in order to complete tasks.

Plus, the online mode is really fun, you can choose ranked or player matches so if you're not that good, you can practice in the player ones first before moving up into ranked. I have only had 1 or 2 games out of about 400+ online games where it has shown any lag aswell, so thats really good.

Personally, I wouldn't spend £40 on it, but you can get it cheaper. I got it on the day of launch for £25, I can't remember where from, but its definitley worth it. Its just a really fun game! :-D

Also, dirt, i've seen you on it a couple of times and i've tried to join your game so i could play against you, but everytime it said you were free, i joined and then it said the game was no longer available. i'll have to try and invite you next time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
All right. I have got myself street fighter 4 on my ps3. And so far its great. :-D

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:53 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
I've been playing it on Live. I get my arse handed to me, but my friend rips it up like it's nobodies bizness..

My Live tag: Samus Tutt

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:53 am
Oh, and if anyone adds me. Please leave a message (text, or voice) so I know who you are :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:59 am
ive just added you on xbox live i wasnt abke to add a message tho as im not at home

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:30 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 708Location: Adelaide, AustraliaJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:57 pm
@ Cogglesz

"The EX moves from SF3 (2nd impact & 3rd Strike version) are in there... Meaning you can use some of your SUPER meter to pull of slighty more powerful versions of regular moves by pressing 2 buttons instead of just one.

There is FOCUS ATTACK. It's the most advanced technique you can use in this game. You can do all sorts of crazy shit with it. Go see some of the youtube videos of people doing sequences like "Jump attack, crouching attack, Special Move, FOCUS ATTACK/CANCEL, Forward Dash, Special move/cancel into Ultra" etc etc.. There's tons of applications for the FOCUS ATTACK/CANCEL technique. Too many to go into on here!

There is only one SUPER per character instead of the 2+ each character had in the alpha games.

There is now an ULTRA combo. Which is basically a superior version of the characters SUPER move. There is a separate bar for this called the REVENGE meter. It fills up as you take damage.. So even if you are getting beat down real bad you still have a fighting chance. This is one of the new features I'm not too keen on. But it works well for people new to the series and the animations kick ass."

Some dude who knows stuff about SF posted this on the first page. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:14 am
dirt wrote:
ive just added you on xbox live i wasnt abke to add a message tho as im not at home

Can you confirm your gamer tag? I get random ones sometimes and don't want to decline you by mistake 8-)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:29 am
Though I still need the Live achievements, I'm so happy to have gotten the Sunny (Daze or is it Days?) achievement. That took ages!

I'm up to playing as anyone really, I don't really use them all in fact... I primarily use the ninjitsu styled characters... Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Gouken, Dan, etc

Offline Profile