<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  Sonic 4 Episode 1 this summer, XBLA, PSN WiiWare

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:07 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
just seen a little teaser of it.

By the looks of it i think it could end up like the new super Mario bro's on wii, with new graphics but the old style of game play.

The best thing that could happen is full 1080p graphics on 360 & PS3 and a bigger game with more levels than previous sonic 2d games and no voice acting for anyone in the game, its about time sonic grew back his balls instead of being a human kissing pussy.

However the worst that could happen is that they decide to change their minds and try to make a full 3D environment of game with 16 hours of cut-scenes and useless boring transformations like tails turning into a helicopter.

Heres the teaser....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxwdVwtbnHM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm

I got excited about Sonic Unleashed, what a fool I was. This new game sounds good, they always tell the fans what they want to hear at first, then once more is known about the game they start adding shitty side characters, storyline, cut-scenes and other crap. The only decent Sonic games of late are Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure on the DS. I'm not getting my hopes up...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
Absolute wank :lol:
Good god is it awful! the animations when you start of moving its fucking pathetic! when you get upto top speed its a little better! and who the fuck thought it would be a good idea that when you're running and you jump that is you let go off thr anaolgue stick you stop dead and just drop to the ground!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
yeah i seen the shitty footage at e3 and thought it was god awful, i have no idea how they can make sonic look so slow, i've seen faster running from mario.

when i first made this thread i was expection something like a HD Drawn style of graphics, bright and colourful, but its actually pretty shit looking now =/

and yeah due out a few months ago as well, its only the first episode, its going fail hard if there struggling with all this.

Otis's post above pretty much sums this game up as well :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:25 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 369Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 pm
Actually it looks quite good and Im really excited about Sonic 4!

Always been a sonic fan since the Mega Drive. Sega and not let me down yet so.. I'm really looking forward it.... Like LOADS more than fallout and a little more than DA2 :happydance:
Cant believe they have gone back to the 2D though.. been waiting ages for a reminiscent of the ol' Mega Drive Sonic for years.

Dont get me wrong the 3D style.. new shit is good.. I enjoy it very much.
But theres a nostalgic feel when I play the old Sonic from back in the early 90's. There isnt that feel any more when I sit down to play Sonic now. Which is why I'm excited.. will be a nostalgic feel again I hope!!

Best finish Sonic Adventure for the millionth time to get me pumped up for it :-D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:49 pm
it does look good! then you start playing it :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:20 pm
evans wrote:

Lol.. bit like the 360 then :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:24 pm
fanboys/girls arent welcome here ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 pm
Whats that ment to mean Mister :o

Tut..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:02 am
Ambalina wrote:
evans wrote:

Lol.. bit like the 360 then :lol:
Don't dare get me started about my 360...... :lol:

though to be honest, when i first played my xbox 360 it was christmas 2007 and i got assassins creed, forza 2 and viva pinata with it and it was the best Christmas i've had since my N64 & my PS2 because it was the first time i'd ever played a next generation (But now current generation) console :) a lil sad its gone now though

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:08 am
I played it on my Wii :)

Its alright to be honest, at least its playable this time round.

The graphics are pretty decent to be honest, i'm still not too sure about having a 3d sonic, i personally thought it would look more fluid if the whole game was HD Drawn (Street fighter 2 turbo HD) type of style, the levels are fun though, i've been entertained out them and i'm even going for the chaos emeralds now.

The game does however have its bad bits, sonic the 750mph hedgehog doesn't got very fast in it, and his animations are really stiff, he starts off so slow, i think this actually ruins it in a way.

i wasn't expecting much in the first place with this game, so i ended up surprised with it, it isn't a full game release, its an episodic arcade game, but for what it is, it does the job pretty good in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
i refuse to buy it for 1200 points, way too much for something with only 4 zones isnt it? plus, i dont really go through and replay them often so i wouldnt get my monies worth out of it. i liked the idea of it better when it was originally priced 400 points... but now, no thanks, the demo of one act will suffice for me :lol: but i agree with what you say about his animations being slow, it feels really weird and sometimes you come to a direct stop rather than slowing down, standing vertically on a like 75 degree slope, and im not a fan of the lock on attack things.

though saying all that... i did get paid like £1350ish this month as i was owed a load of tax back so i could just splash on it :lol:

also... i love my 360s... all 3 of them, haha.