<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  Good Long Game ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
Hey guys, i've been thinking to myself about a few things, alot of highly rated games can get completed by i complete noob within a day or two, 6 hours if its a halo or MW game, i'm just wondering though, if any of you keen gamers on here have any suggestions for a long game that is actually good to play and doesn't end up boring, i'm after something around fallout 3 length, sure you can complete the main story in about 3 hours if you've done it already a few times but for the first time playing that game it can take some people weeks to finish.

I'm getting a bit more paranoid with my money spending, i dont like blowing lots of bucks on a new game just to get a couple days worth of fun out of.

I'm not really bothered about the genre of the game because i'm really open minded when it comes to games, from silent hill to viva pinata, i'll play it.

this might be good for other people too and not just myself, preferably an Xbox 360 game, or PS3 game, i've got a decent pc but i'm pushing the hard drive space a bit and the wii isn't what i'm in the mood for.

Anyway enough with the shit talk, thanks in advance for the suggestions, i know some of you will have some gems that i've missed to buy.

EDIT:
Offtopic i know but i may as well ask here, i'm wondering, xbox 360 recently got the abilty to save games on an external hard drive, i've got one of them but only using it for tunes, since i've lost my forza 3 data 3 times and gran tourismo 5 isn't comming out probably till the end of the year and beyond i was wondering if anyone knew if you can get a save file off the net, and load it up via external hard drive, even if you need to make a certain profile to play it on i'd do it, though if its impossible let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
BORDERLANDS

/Thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
just cause 2 if you like sandbox games (actually i find it much better than gta 4, ingame counter says that i've played it for over 30h and most of it was just wandering over huge map but missions are really good aswell)

fromo other games: dragon age (but ONLY if you like old skool rpg's), both parts of mass effect should suit you if you like F3 (12h for each and the first one can be bought really cheap now)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:46 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
The sun is shining... go play soccer outside.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
pinball

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:19 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Aquila wrote:
pinball

Spin the Black Circle! :-D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:46 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
I say borderlands, and also yakuza 3

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
pro evolution soccer 2010,
the master league modus is just amazing, played that several times in a row, like 100 hours plus :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:56 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 369Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 pm
Guild wars is a long game and its basically a mmo rpg. Like wow only better cause you only pay for the disks (Night fall , Factions, prophesies and Eye of the North though EOTN is with Night fall) And I head GW2 is out sometime whenever. Just a thought.
Also you tried Dragon Age Origin? Thats kinda lengthy bit like Oblivion and Fallout.

Going retro here but FF7 is damn long.
Saints Row 2 is kinda long Though I played a little of it and didn't play it any more.
Little Big Planet can be a lengthy and fun game.
Infamous is gooood!
Sacred 2 is a bit like Baldur's Gate, but long.
COD mw2 for endless hours of fun online (yawns)
Final Fantasy 13 is frigging awsome.
Heavy Rain is pretty damn short my dad completed it within hours and it saves automaticaly which therefore means you CANT re-load from a previous point if you kill one of the people. All in all it will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Tekken 6 is good if you want to button bash as with Soul Calibur 4.
Zelda Twilight Princess is FRIGGIN WELL GOOD! I love playing it on the cube.
Going retro again :

Shadow of the Colossus
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy 8 & 9

Ok so you may have played the old games but I just felt like typing some of the games I've completed and thought were good games.

White Knight Chronicles is a newly-ish released game you may find that good.
Though I have heard this year some pretty good games are being released.

Anyways Hope I kinda helped ya's :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
yeah u did, i was going for heavy rain a couple weeks ago but i never knew how long it was, so that clears that up, i've done FF8 and 9 and i've got 7 on the psp (i'm at the bit were your dressing up as a girl to get in this guys mansion) i've done a few games actually, and i've nearly done twilight princess, i'm stuck at the darkworld where the hand keeps stealing my balls, and i got LBP & SCIV and MW2 and i done Ocarina of time the first time when i was like 8 years old ! 8-)

i think i'm gonna go with either final fantasy 13 or borderlands, i seen them both in action at my friends house during the weekend and they both look awesome.

should keep me occupied for the week atleast, FFX took me a whole year to finish completely.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
what about some old school?

download yourself a snes-emulator, and give this a try:

- Legend of Zelda, a link to the past
- Super CastleVania IV
- Flashback
- Out of this world / Another world
- Super Metroid
- Actraiser 1 & 2

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:00 pm
my brother had a chipped super nintendo he had hundreds of games but yeah out of that list i've only done zelda yet super castlevania IV is one i'm in the middle of right now, its just damn there pretty hard !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
super castlevania IV is the best game ever made for Snes IMO :)

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:12 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
if you wanna play a good long game, well... get married and start a family

depending on your skills the duration may vary, but it's in general way longer than a normal videogame. what's great about this game is that the story is always very custom to the player

a bit like a tamagotchi the goal is to make the family survive as long as possible. you should also get a big reward once you beat the bosses... the step-parents

if you're a fan of joystick games, well you're gonna like this. the beginning of the game relies pretty much on joystick playing

only disadvantage is when you're pretty much through the game, you use the joystick less often, so you might need to blow the dust that accumulates in the cartridge slot

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:09 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 531Location: Ghost TownJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:39 am
mafia

Offline Profile