<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  Super Mario Galaxy 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Got this game yesterday evening, been playing a LOT since then. 52 Stars in and loving it. I loved Supermassive Galaxy. I was surprised to see a desert themed galaxy as I hadn't known there was one in this game. The galaxy where the plaforms vanish in time with the music is totally awesome. Beyond awesome in fact! All the Bowser levels are great. I'm a little disppointed none of the galaxies seem to have anymore than 3 stars though. Overall though, amazing game! At World 5, but need a few more stars for next world. Also done a few Prankster Comets, the Hardest was Bowser World 2 Prankster. Another thing I forgot to mention, I love the music for the haunted levels, brilliant stuff! The Hammer Bros look amazing in this game! The way they move and look is perfect. I've never seen them look so awesome before; I amost don't want to kill them, but just keep dodging their hammers. I don't get why the first boss it Petey AGAIN. I already killed him 4 times in the original Galaxy, then we start off with him again? WTF! But overall I'm impressed!...

There's a reason why this game is 3rd on all time games on gamerankings...
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:05 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
....take a look at the name of this section :lol:

:wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Ooops, someone do the the honours and *insert hand over face image here*

:lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:05 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
Happens to the best of us :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:25 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
I got this game the other day, havent played it as much as i'd like to, still really into a few xbox games at the mo, but its been really fun so far, can't wait to play it more some point lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:56 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 18Location: London, UKJoined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:02 am
Had my copy of this for ages before it came out (those who know, know) :-D

I agree, great game.

Was worried it was going to be easy like the first one, but I was soooo wrong.

Tough game. Playing that between Red Dead Redemption.
Only have about 20 stars, but enjoying it. Much improved.

There's one level though that has done my head in.
The first level where you can first turn into a 'bee'.
I turn a corner, and I can see a star sitting in the background under a tree,
but can't work out how to get to it... driving me mad! 8-)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:11 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
same here cold mana, its a fucking awesome game indeed, i'm actually impressed with what nintendo has been able to pull out from the practically 10 year old technology that the wii is made of, it just shows you how consoles can evolve once developers learn everything there is to learn about their hardware.

wii is the only reason i still have a big old silver tv still in my room along with my hd tv, the wii looks horrible on the new tv's !

but yeah i'm up to 78 stars at the moment, i gotta admit i've not played the first galaxy but i'll be sure to once i'm done with galaxy 2.

i also think the powerups are the greatest ones since metal mario i'm not going to name my favourites because i'm sure alot of people haven't seen them all yet.

the boo (or is it buu ?) worlds are my favourite, every single one of them, i also love how when your in bowsers world you get a shit hot epic remastered version of the Mario 64 when your heading up to face bowser.

i grew up with mario, super mario bros (nes) was the first game i ever played, along with duck hunt, they were both on the same cart i was only about 3 or 4 years old but i remember it clearly, but then of course my brother got a snes and had a wildcard for it (floppy disk game reader, wiki it) and i remember playing all stars on that, but i was too young to be able to complete them, SM64 was the first one i completed, and that was an epic adventure of a game (OMG 64 Bits ?!) and sunshine was also a great game which i completed but it felt as if it was going a bit outcast, but playing galaxy two makes me regret not playing one, this game feels like how SMB64 felt to me, just made better for our time, i'd easily give this game a 10 out of 10 and the only other wii game i'd give that too is Super Smash Bro's Brawl, which was the reason i got a wii in the first place.

bit of a shame about zelda though, wish i could say the same about it :?

though i loved windwaker.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Twilight Princess is a masterpiece.
It just takes time to realize.

Offline Profile