<  VIDEOGAMES  ~  Help! PS3 TV Dim Problems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
Hey guys i've had this problem for ages and i'm trying to figure it out, i can't work out if its my PS3 or my HDTV, this seems to only happen with my ps3 as well, pc gaming and xbox never had this problem, though the PS3 was the only thing on my tv that used a HDMI cable.

When i'm playing a game such as silent hill (a game with dark parts) the screen dims itself making playing games annoying because i have to pause the screen for some bright text to come up to get the dim to disable, i was wondering if anyones had this problem before, its doing my head in :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
I think its the PS3, because it does the same for me when I watch Wall-E on Blu-Ray on it. Haven't been able to find any settings to change it though :( It's so annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
yeah, if you've got any games with dark scenes (silent hill, fallout, mgs) it usually ends up going dim, i've also looked at all the settings i can on ps3 to turn this off but nothing seems to work.

EDIT:
been looking on google all night for any ideas, people say that lots of hdtv's auto dim unless there in "Movie" settings, so i'm about to switch mines to that and i'll see if this helps.

EDIT 2:
Awesome, it works, you go into your tv menu, change the picture settings to either Movie or Cinema (mines never had movie, just cinema) and then the dim gets turned off :-D :-D

Finally i can complete silent hill homecomming :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:40 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 369Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 pm
Never had this problem with my ps3. Mine works like clockwork... weird though.
Dont mind me asking but what is the make of your HDTV?