<  MUSIC  ~  Massive Attack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:07 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
on Facebook they said they played a new track on Zane Lowe's Hottest Record Of The Week, and its title is "Splitting The Atom"

found a radio record here:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZJMT2HOD

I smell an album coming, slowly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
The new song is ok, but not what I was expecting. Bit depressing, and not like the tunes they played live last year which ruled. Apparently nothing they played last year will be on the album as it was, but perhaps some parts changed and re-used. Gutted! EP out in October, album in January. Other track on the EP is Pray For Rain plus two remixes. Still no album title yet...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Heard it last night on 6music, not what I was expecting, was hoping for something a bit more exciting but then I s'pose it is MA.

Might take a few more listens for me (in different moods) :wink:

Here's some info:

Quote:
Massive Attack EP- 05.10.09

Lead track 'Splitting The Atom' features D, G and Horace Andy, while TV On The Radio frontman Tunde Adebimpe guests on 'Pray For Rain'. The EP also has remixes of two new tracks. 'Psyche' featuring Martina Topley-Bird mixed by Van Rivers & The Subliminal Kid, while the Guy Garvey fronted 'Bulletproof Love' is stripped back to a minimalist reworking by Christoff Berg.

The band will release their fifth studio album in February 2010. This time around sees collaborations with Damon Albarn, Hope Sandoval, Martina Topley-Bird, Guy Garvey and Tunde Adebimpe. More news on this soon...

www.massiveattack.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2375Location: TexasJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am
looking forward to something finally...they have the same release schedule as prodigy :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

i love the artwork

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
what they played live last summer in 08 was really great, hope those tracks make it on the new album and this end up on on EP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 244Location: Glasgow, ScotlandJoined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:15 pm
I like it. its a bit different from what i was expecting but yeah after a couple of listens definatly a grower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
their new album is going to be like AONO, the 7 year gap cause theyre last one was in 2003 lol

Can't wait honestly, it has alot of interesting collaborations and judging by the songs they debuted live it should be amazing ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
They also say that most of the new tracks played live during 2008/09 are VERY re-worked now and nothing of that will sound like it was live on the final cut of the album. I don't know if this is for the good or bad really (since they've done this before also and it turned out being very good....). I only hope that this new "Dobro" tune stays as it is, since it has that real Massive Attack-feel to it, very Mezzaninish.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1409Location: AnywhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:12 pm
This "Splitting The Atom" track is definitely a grower after a couple of listens, but the guys (as usual!) seem to have smoked quite a lot when they did it.....(or before doing it). Interesting part is that they are experimenting with 3Ds vocals again (!), as they almost always do on every album. On "Splitting The Atom" his part (towards the end) sounds like some kind of teasing cat....)))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
The track I most want on the album is Kingpin, but seeing as that's a Stephanie Dosen tune and she ain't on the album I can cross that off. I always thought All I Want would be the perfect album opener, hope parts of that make it at least. They may release the tracks that didn't make it to the album online, here's hoping...

Also I love the artwork!...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:18 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

i love the artwork

hm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:56 am
FLAME-XIII wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

i love the artwork

hm

Yea it has a similar cover to war stories, i think the artwork was all done by 3D ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am
i'm loving splitting the atom more and more with every listen, it has a similar vibe to Gorillaz propably cause they recorded it at Damon Alabarn's studio, also sounds like specials - ghost town ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:55 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
14 oct 2009 in moscow
i'll be there 8-)