<  MUSIC  ~  Unkle - Where Did The Night Fall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
UNKLE is proud to announce the release of new full-length album Where Did The Night Fall on 10th May in the UK and Europe, 11th May in North America. To celebrate the release of Where Did The Night Fall UNKLE is exclusively streaming a new track, "Natural Selection" (featuring The Black Angels), today (11 Feb) at SPIN. The track will also be available for free download tomorrow (12 Feb) at UNKLE.com.

Pre-order details and Japan/Australia release dates coming soon...

Tracklisting:

1. Nowhere
2. Follow Me Down (feat Sleepy Sun)
3. Natural Selection (feat The Black Angels)
4. Joy Factory (feat Autolux)
5. The Answer (feat Big In Japan (Baltimore))
6. On A Wire (feat ELLE J)
7. Falling Stars (feat Gavin Clark)
8. Heavy Drug
9. Caged Bird (feat Katrina Ford)
10. Ablivion
11. The Runaway (feat ELLE J)
12. Ever Rest (feat Joel Cadbury)
13. The Healing (feat Gavin Clark)
14. Another Night Out (feat Mark Lanegan)

Unkle - Natural Selection

Code:
http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/20369453/file.html

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:19 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
its boooring. unkle has finished on 'psyence fiction'.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2375Location: TexasJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:07 am
i am looking forward to it myself...thanks for the news...hoping for another tour

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Kubazz wrote:
its boooring. unkle has finished on 'psyence fiction'.

And Never, Never, Land.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:58 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
i'll see them in 3 months 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:45 pm
Hot ChickHot ChickPosts: 952Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:28 am
Nice cover

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:52 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
what a piece of garbage..
here we go again with the stupid war stories 'beats'. so boring. after psyence fiction they totally lost it. what a shame.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 650Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:06 pm
Yeah, Psyence Fiction was a class album, Never Never Land had its moments but overall was a lot weaker, War Stories was just completely different though, they lost the electronic flavor completely with that one, it was too rock n tbh I don't have high hopes for this new album if its gonna be the same sorta thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: London, UKJoined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:52 am
They used to be an awesome collective that did such interesting and innovative music of variying styles and influences.

Now they're just a few remaining members playing rock stars and not very good at it.

The last great thing they/he did was "Do Androids Dream Of Electronic Beats" (technically 3 mix CDs but almost all produced/remixed by Unkle or members past & present so counts IMO)

I won't judge the new LP until I've heard it but after hearing the new tune not holding much hope.

F

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2174Location: U.S.A.Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am
It seems the less electronic Unkle gets the less I like the music if that makes sense. Even with DJ Shadow gone 'Never Never Land' still had some electronic-ness to it. 'Panic Attack' is still a standout track for me, along with 'Reign'. War Stories even less and I only seemed to really liked the trax that were collabs or remixes (FFS!!) and the last album I bought for 'Trouble In Paradise' and the new track sounds boring as fuck. Having that electronic edge made Unkle different and unique to me but now ...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:13 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
new track is utterly unmemorable... :?

I preferred War Stories to the first 2 records tbh. Had more standout tracks than either to me... this new record will reportedly re-introduce the hip hop vibes back into UNKLE.. looking forward to at least a few good tunes :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2534Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm
I like this new track but that's probably cause I'm a big psychedelic rock fan :) I am sure Unkle won't disappoint me!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:14 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 388Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:44 pm
UNKLE can do no wrong, in my opinion. War Stories was an awesome album.. whether or not it's what people wanted... it was still excellent.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:53 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
I really like the new song. I'm in a mood for something cheerful. Love Unkle, I always have song's from Psyence Fiction, War Stories on my playlist. the new artwork is zexy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:39 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 694Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:15 pm
Kingdom wrote:
what a piece of garbage..
here we go again with the stupid war stories 'beats'. so boring. after psyence fiction they totally lost it. what a shame.

Psyence Fiction was written almost entirely by DJ Shadow so that is why it sounded so different than the other UNKLE albums. Shadow and Lavelle need to work together again. I think Shadow wants to do it again considering how his official store has tons of UNKLE stuff on it including t-shirts. WTF?!

Is Lavelle getting royalties from the sale of UNKLE t-shirts on Shadow's website? I thought Lavelle owned the rights to the UNKLE brand.

http://www.djshadow.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Offline Profile