<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
Fabio wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Liam talks about the next album and mescaline and dead ken beats

and electronic punks dvd

:blahblah:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Thanks for posting the interview Sr Patife 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:40 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
ahah yeah "so much stuff from the last record thats got to be released" and now they're about to vanish, how poor :>

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
if they want to disappear from the radar they need to stop touring :lol: especially if it's going for a 2011 release

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2534Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm
Sr Patife wrote:
Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: One of The Prodigy's three members says he will be "walking home" if the British dance-rock act doesn't deliver the goods at next week's Auckland show.

Liam Howlett, the beatmaker for The Prodigy who has engineered some of the band's biggest hits including Firestarter and Smack My Bitch Up, said the band expected next Thursday's show at Trusts Stadium to be another high-energy set.

Howlett told Stuff.co.nz in an email interview he wanted fans to enjoy themselves.

"If people just stand there they may as well watch it on YouTube," he said. "It better be (crazy) or I will be walking home."

After two standout shows at the Big Day Out - in 1997 and again in 2009 - Howlett said the band loved performing in New Zealand. Both performances, one on the main stage and the other in the Boiler Room, were memorable for the hyped crowds.

"It sounds cliched but we do love coming down there to play. We definitely feel loved by the people there, which is great. We have had a strong following there for many years I think."

After a mostly lacklustre decade, The Prodigy ended 2009 on a high thanks to their comeback album Invaders Must Die - an album that rivalled 1997's The Fat of the Land for impact and sheer energy.

Howlett said the band - also featuring vocalists Keith Flint and Maxim Reality - wanted to record later this year with an eye on a 2011 release.

"I need to write it first plus we need to vanish off the radar for a bit and give people a break from us. We have always been like that so when we return we come out of nowhere.

"The next one won't take as long as usual. We are locked on it at the moment so it will be the following year."

Howlett admitted 2009 had been good to them but he was focused on "keeping it fresh".

"We are never too happy because that makes you lazy. We have had a good year but we just think, 'What is the next stage?'"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/mu ... zy-NZ-show

Good God that better be true! :-D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Quote:
"I need to write it first"
Its gonna be years before we see anything new.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:01 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 242Location: LondonJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:32 am
Stuie wrote:
Quote:
"I need to write it first"
Its gonna be years before we see anything new.

I don't think so, Liam seems to have re-found his love for making music again. Within the next 2 years i reckon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
not this again, dont you ppl ever learn :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Fabio wrote:
not this again, dont you ppl ever learn :lol:

QFT.

2012 earliest, probably late 2013/early 2014. In other words not worth thinking about. What is worth thinking about is those 3 or 4 unreleased collaborations Liam talked about and said would have to be released before the next album. These included a collaboration with Martina Topley Bird, I want those...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i'm still not getting my hopes up, remember back in 05, in 2006 we get an interview saying it will be out by summer 2007 and that it wouldn't take nearly as long as before.

well that album came 2 years late, somethings telling me they just can't write an album within a year especially with all there touring and time away from home.

considering we heard 3 tracks pretty much finished back in early 2008 and proof that piranha and tmmh were pretty much done too in early 2008 makes me just doubt it, especially since liam says he hasn't even wrote anything for this new album yet.

we should be hearing some shit right now if we were getting a 2011 release, not even a live only track

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:47 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
Got to remember they released 3 album in 5 years :) (exp, MFTJG, FOTL) so you never know....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 650Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:06 pm
I guess with IMD they had a lot to prove after the critical failure of AONO (as much as I personally love the album), as well as being away for so long. But now IMD has proved they still are one of the biggest electronic acts around n can steal appeal to a younger generation.
In theory the next album shouldn't be as long a wait as before, but then again this is Liam we're talkin about :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
and proof that piranha and tmmh were pretty much done too in early 2008

Nahh not true.

If you dig in the demo of tmtth you can see it's from septembe (!) 2008,
so that's not even 3 months prior to the invaders academy tour were they played the final version at some gigs.

No proof about Piranha either, the demo comes from January 2008 and sounded very unfinished in comparision with the final version we got to hear when the album leak surfaced back then.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:20 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
StasZ wrote:
Cogglesz wrote:
and proof that piranha and tmmh were pretty much done too in early 2008

Nahh not true.

If you dig in the demo of tmtth you can see it's from septembe (!) 2008,
so that's not even 3 months prior to the invaders academy tour were they played the final version at some gigs.

No proof about Piranha either, the demo comes from January 2008 and sounded very unfinished in comparision with the final version we got to hear when the album leak surfaced back then.

:o what, demo versions? anyone still got them? curious to hear them

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
toX check your private message box.

Offline Profile