<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  ALIEN: COVENANT (2017)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
*PinHead* wrote:
i just realized,how are tehy gonna get it out in 2011 if they are still writing it.then casting.plus i imagine there are a lot of fx,this means 2012.i doubt it will be out next year

The guy's been hired to do some script rewriting which is a common procedure and in Alien's case there's still time for that. Of course it's not set in stone that the first one's going to be out in 2011 but script honing doesn't automatically mean delay.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
i know it's a common thing to re-write scripts,but still it should have already started filming if they want to makw a mid 2011 release.i imagine they want to do a summer release for a movie of this caliber.i don't want to see it rushed,filming and post-production just to meet a deadline.i want quality with this one,not a cheap reboot.i know the story will be good if damon is on board,mr scott does quality movies,but i'm concerned about the timetable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
*PinHead* wrote:
i know it's a common thing to re-write scripts,but still it should have already started filming if they want to makw a mid 2011 release.i imagine they want to do a summer release for a movie of this caliber.i don't want to see it rushed,filming and post-production just to meet a deadline.i want quality with this one,not a cheap reboot.i know the story will be good if damon is on board,mr scott does quality movies,but i'm concerned about the timetable

if you want quality don't expect it mid summer, this is not transformers. i'll be waiting for it somewhere in december 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:05 am
*PinHead* wrote:

The article says that the guy's hired to do some re-write work. That means script polishing. But in any case I too think that we won't be seeing the first movie in theaters before the end of 2011. Alien is such an exceptionally valuable franchise that Fox won't rush it into production on the expense of quality.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:56 pm
Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien Prequel
5 August 2010

Ripley gives her two cents...

www.empireonline.com/sigourney weaver talks alien prequel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:49 pm
Ridley Scott Talks Alien Prequel
6 September 2010

Fresh from dusting off the bracken and pulling out rogue arrows from Robin Hood, Ridley Scott is turning his attention to the two-part Alien prequel.

The project has been germinating since that xeno-baby first popped jauntily out of John Hurt's chest back in 1979 and with Lost co-creator Damon Lindoff close to turning in a script and casting announcements presumably not too far off, Scott's vision for the Alien origin story(s) is coming together nicely.

"The film will be really tough, really nasty," he tells The Independent of the 3D two-parter. "It's the dark side of the moon. We are talking about gods and engineers. Engineers of space. And were the aliens designed as a form of biological warfare? Or biology that would go in and clean up a planet?"

Hmm... intriguing, if suitably vague, stuff. The notion that the death-dealing xenomorphs are as much an instrument of a higher power as, say, the colonial marines has been part of the Alien mythology for years and seems a logical direction to take the prequels.

No mention of space jockeys yet but some friendly banter for his successor on the franchise. "Jim's raised the bar [with the 3D Avatar] and I've got to jump to it," he says. "He's not going to get away with it." Mr Cameron, consider yourself warned.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28837

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Quote:
Word has it that Arterton is chatting it up with Scott about starring in the "Alien" two-part prequel. There's not much else in regards to her character or the story, other than it's said to be "really tough, really nasty".
[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:51 am
*PinHead* wrote:
"Word has it that Arterton is chatting it up with Scott about starring in the "Alien" two-part prequel."

Gemma Arterton NOT Scheduled To Talk 'Alien' Prequels With Ridley Scott
8 September 2010

MTV put in a call to Arterton's publicist, who quickly confirmed: "There's no truth to that."

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/09/07/ge ... ley-scott/

Doesn't of course mean that such talks couldn't be ongoing. I would assume Ridley is after someone like Sigourney Weaver who appears to be more than intelligent enough to beat aliens. Not quite sure if Arterton has that in her...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 am
Gemma Arterton Talks 'Alien' Prequel Rumors at the Toronto Film Festival
12 September 2010

For days, the all-seeing blogosphere has been humming with speculation that Gemma Arterton (Prince of Persia, The Disappearance of Alice Creed) might be Ridley Scott’s choice for the heroine of his planned Alien prequel — a move that would add the British beauty to an Alien alumni directory that includes Sigourney Weaver and Winona Ryder. Then Arterton’s rep shut down the chatter, reportedly claiming there was “no truth” to the idea. So it’s all just another fact-free internet rumor, right?

Not so fast. When EW caught up with Arterton this morning at the Toronto Film Festival, where she’s promoting her quirky Stephen Frears-directed dramedy Tamara Drewe, she didn’t rule out the possibility.

“The honest truth is that Ridley Scott has approached me to meet with him about something in the next few weeks,” says Arterton, 24, who insists she doesn’t know which project might be on the table. “He saw Alice Creed and loved it.”

But if Alien is the subject at hand, Arterton isn’t sure which character she’d play — or even what species she might be. “I’d love to get buff. But maybe I’ll be playing an alien! I wouldn’t mind that, actually. I like dressing up. That’s why I became an actor in the first place.”

How about it, PopWatchers? Would you like to see Arterton in an Alien prequel? And if so, which team should she be on: human or alien?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/12/arter ... n-toronto/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm
Noomi Rapace Tracking Alien Prequels?
8 October 2010

Dragon Tattoo thesp meets Ridley Scott

Continuing her round of meetings with just about every director or studio with a female role going begging (which has already snagged her a part in Sherlock Holmes 2), Noomi Rapace’s name has popped up on the motion sensor for Ridley Scott’s Alien prequel(s).

Not much is mentioned in Deadline’s report besides the fact that Scott took a meeting with her and apparently left impressed with the Swedish actress. But it’s still fairly early days for the casting process, and a multitude of other actors have been talking to Sir Ridders about the film, including Carey Mulligan and Abbie Cornish (who has something the others don’t, having worked with him on A Good Year).

The prequels are slowly coming together, with a plan to shoot in 3D and Scott talking up all sorts of nasty goodness as he explores the origins of the "space jockey" seen in his original film.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29156

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 am
Exclusive - Fox Flips for Damon Lindelof’s Alien Prequel Script, Wants Natalie Portman to Star
13 October 2010

Vulture just got word: Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof turned in his new draft of the screenplay for Ridley Scott's Alien prequel on Saturday, and 20th Century Fox execs are very pleased with it indeed! We’re told all involved parties have been made to sign nondisclosure agreements about the plot, but our spies have been able to glean several interesting nuggets about the project, which is set roughly 35 years before Scott’s dystopic classic. Here's what we know ...

One reason Fox execs are so thrilled with Lindelof’s Alien draft is that, not only is it creatively engaging, but it adds no expensive "set pieces" — production-speak for elaborate, effects-heavy action sequences that add millions to the cost of a film — to the movie. 20th Century Fox and Scott have been wrangling over the director’s proposed budget. One insider familiar with the situation puts Scott’s suggested budget at between $150 million and $160 million; Fox obviously, would like that number to shrink. Still, this is some good news for Fox, which has almost nothing resembling a blockbuster in the hopper for the summer of 2012, and could certainly stand to reinvigorate a wildly popular multi-part sci-fi franchise.

A parade of actresses have met with Scott (who's being represented in these negotiations by his longtime WME agent George Freeman) to discuss the lead role — that of a female Colonial Marine general — but only two have engendered substantial enthusiasm from both Fox brass and Ridley Scott Associates, the director’s Fox-based production company: Vulture can report exclusively that at the top of the list is Natalie Portman. (She recently detached herself from the adaptation of Seth Grahame-Smith’s Pride and Prejudice and Zombies at Lionsgate Films out of concern that she was now too old to play the part of Jane Austen’s Elizabeth Bennet. Portman turns 30 next June; Bennet is only 20 in both Austen and Grahame-Smith’s versions of Pride.) Right behind Portman is the already-reported Noomi Rapace, star of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Don’t take Scott’s recent interview with The Independent — in which he claims that the Alien prequel would be “will be really tough, really nasty” — to mean this is automatically going to be an R picture: We’re told another reason Fox execs are pleased with Lindelof’s re-write of original screenwriter Jon Spaihts’ script is that it's still aimed at a more accessible PG-13 rating. "The thinking," explains one insider, "is that if the original Alien were released today, minus the F-bombs, you could still get a PG-13. Alien is a very Jaws-ian movie: There’s no sex, and while there’s lots of violence, most of it is off-camera. Maybe you’d have to cut away from certain scenes two seconds earlier, but it could be done."

The prequel still lacks a proper name. Untitled Alien Prequel hardly comes trippingly off the tongue, but while several titles are being bandied about, none have unanimous support of Fox and Scott.

It’s not in anyway a reboot of Alien or the Aliens franchise; it’s really meant to be viewed as Scott’s second Alien movie. What's more, no Predator creatures appear anywhere within the film. Despite Fox’s efforts to mate the two sci-fi icons (sci-ficons?), Scott’s camp sees the two franchises as hailing from distinct genres that will not co-mingle, synergy be damned. “The later Aliens movies were action movies, but the original Alien was a horror-suspense film," explains one spy, "This returns the franchise to its roots."

One extra thing we can tell you: In the film, you'll finally get an answer about the origin of the “Space Jockey” — that poor pilot of the crashed, derelict spacecraft discovered in the year 2090 by the crew of the Nostromo with his (her? Its?) ribs bent outwards, amidst several thousand alien eggs.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... elofs.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:43 am
Quote:
The main points:
The script (by John Spaihts and recently rewritten by Damon Lindelof) tells of the space jockeys traveling from planet to planet and terraforming them.

The space jockeys are holding captive of two human slave farmers named Fin and Karik and force them (via mind control) to engage in sexual activity. (The twist: they're both male).

There will be a black Vasquez-esque spaceship crew member named Oliver.

Gemma Anterton was offered to play a female crew member named Truks.

The aliens are used by the space jockeys (known as "Growers" in the script) in their terraforming processes as some sort of biological tools.

The signature alien won't appear until the latter half of the film when it fully develops into it (this hints that we'll be seeing different and new forms of aliens).

The editor calls the film a hard science fiction part psychological drama.

Ridley has met with Lance Henriksen to appear in the film.

seems it's similar to the ALIEN HARVEST storyline, who people say it's shit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:05 pm
*PinHead* wrote:

You forgot the source link

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/time-f ... quel-11476

I would take those latest plot point rumours with a grain of salt...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:39 pm
the spitfire wrote:
*PinHead* wrote:

You forgot the source link

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/time-f ... quel-11476

I would take those latest plot point rumours with a grain of salt...

fuck the source.you could say that but they apeared on a website who was contacted by the studio and made to delete the post.

http://www.whatsplaying.com.au/2010/09/film-news-london-insider-270910/
Quote:
[Story details removed at the request of the studio]

they are either playing games,or it really is a part of the story. i don't get the part of the ,,Vasquez-esque spaceship'' that the human team is suposetly on

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 am
*PinHead* wrote:
they are either playing games,or it really is a part of the story. i don't get the part of the ,,Vasquez-esque spaceship'' that the human team is suposetly on

Hard to tell what's the truth. The original source of the alleged script leak doesn't seem too convincing which is underlined by the fact that some of the more prominent movie news sites haven't picked up the story at all. It's an alleged "Vasquez-esque spaceship crew member". Vasquez was the masculine female Marine in 'Aliens' but I'm sure you knew that.