<  OFF TOPIC / QUESTIONS  ~  Photography

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 am
hey June, cheers for the comment. its just a simple try out, never done it before.

regarding your question, this is done with photos, more than 700. i used a tripod, i set up the timer/intervelamoter on my camera to take a photo every 3 seconds (or whatever time you wish, the number of photos you want it to take, etc). on the post processing i just use Picasa, grab all the photos and create a video with every photo being shown for 60/1 of a second.
so summing it all, you can take a 15 minutes sequence (for example that photo of the guys pulling a tube on the beach) that resulted in 220 photos, which after processing it in video will only result in like 30 seconds. it reminds me of those old plasticine cartoon shows, i can only imagine how many shots was needed to do a show like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxE9K0sYXU8

you dont really need fancy gear to do it. you can even do it with a normal compact camera, but you will have to press shutter every time you want a photo, which can be a bit boring.

so gear needed is a tripod, camera and a software to gather all the photos to create a video (Picasa is free and to be honest i dont have much patience to post processing software like Photoshop and alike).

my set up to do this was a 20€ tripod, a canon 550D and a timer/intervalometer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:50 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
thx for the info, i might try to make one at some point :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Last edited by Nuno on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:31 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
Here's a night shot i took :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm
nice one June, the cars trails result is well done. just a bit more contrast and it would be perfect. keep posting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:26 pm
Nuno wrote:
nice one June, the cars trails result is well done. just a bit more contrast and it would be perfect. keep posting

thx, tbh i don't have a dslr, just a compact one with few extra settings, once i have more nice shots i'll post them in here :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 pm
June wrote:
Nuno wrote:

thx, tbh i don't have a dslr, just a compact one with few extra settings, once i have more nice shots i'll post them in here :)

i was meaning a bit of post processing with the contrast. i used a compact for long time, it doesnt make worst photos than a dslr, the last one only makes thing easier in a way that u have much more control over the features and makes you thing a bit more how its done. keep posting mate. this topic needs a boost from everyone, a simple mobile phone photo can mean much more than a 5000€ kit, its all about having fun and sharing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
I got up at 4am this morning to watch an amazing total lunar eclipse. An hour and a half worth of freezing my ass off I managed to capture this:

(actually it's a couple photos composited together - it was impossible to expose the moon the same as the stars)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:36 am
great job Aquila, its a bit tricky to capture stars, but you done it well

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
holy shit that photo is stunning man! Great job

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:59 pm
User avatarHot ChickHot ChickPosts: 1943Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 pm
damn the one with moon is fucking amazing, great job

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Aquila wrote:
...and another self-portrait which I might enter into another contest:

Well I entered this into the contest and came first! Two competitions in a row :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
Congrats bro , your talent has been recognized and awarded :bigthumb: