<  MUSIC  ~  The Official NEOREV Music Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
shot ya an e-mail with two versions of the cover
let me know if that works for ya

my girl Erin did all the artwork for it
hope ya like
:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
another new demo from my upcoming EP that will be available for free download on July 13th...

"PROPER FUNKAGE"
http://soundcloud.com/neorev/proper-funkage-demo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:55 pm
"BROOKLYN STOMP (NR's DnB Rework)"

http://soundcloud.com/neorev/brooklyn-s ... dnb-rework

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:11 pm
"Children Of The Bomb" is now on Bandcamp!
Download in your choice of format with bonus tracks and artwork

http://www.neorev.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 pm
Wow, I'm pretty psyched! My track "Blue Lines" was 1 of only 100 selected for ReverbNation & Dodge's "Inspired By You" Contest. If my track gets the most downloads, I get to be featured in a Dodge commercial! Gonna need your help, boys and girls. More info coming soon!
www.reverbnation.com/neorev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 am
"Let's Get Down EP" is now available for download in your format of choice on the official Neorev Bandcamp page.

The second EP from "Children Of The Bomb" features new mixes and brand new tracks not available on the full length album, as well as remixes by fellow producers from all across the globe.

01 Let's Get Down (NR's 2012 Rework)
02 Brooklyn Stomp (NR's 2012 Rework)
03 Slaughterhouse (NR's 2012 Rework)
04 Proper Funkage
05 Boom!
06 Solstice
07 Gangrenesta (Thermonuclearity Remix)
08 Particle Dance (A Boy And His Rocket Remix)
09 Particle Dance (L0W's Remix)
10 Basshead [Featuring Villain] (Daniel Bytes Remix)
11 Let's Get Down (Rickyoto's Regurgitated Remix)
12 Let's Get Down (Album Version)

http://www.neorev.bandcamp.com/album/lets-get-down-ep

The full "Children Of The Bomb" album with bonus tracks & "Brooklyn Stomp EP" are also available for download on the NR Bandcamp page as well.

Enjoy,
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:06 am
New EP coming in September!

This will be the third and final EP in support of my latest album "Children Of The Bomb." After this release, it's back to the studio to write the follow up.

But during my time away, I have two other releases that I'm preparing to show to world. One is the long awaited remastered/re-edited/remixed special edition of "Traveling At A High Velocity On A Downward Trajectory." For fans of old school Neorev and tracks like "Crank This Shit Up, " "Do It Like That," & "Coming Strong," this release is for YOU! In 2003, you experienced my debut under the alias Neorev with the first edition of the Brainkiller Presents Music From The Jilted Generation compilations. From 2003 and throughout 2005, I was hard at work writing tracks for what would have been my first official release. But after years of working on the album, I lost all three years worth of material due to a hard drive failure. All I had left was two data discs worth of demos that I never got to properly mix and master. You can find the original versions of those tracks up on my last.fm page. But this past year I went back to those demos and did some editing and cleaning up with the hope of releasing a somewhat proper mix of the lost album. So in 2013, on the 10th anniversary of the debut of Neorev, I plan on releasing a special edition of "Traveling At A High Velocity On A Downward Trajectory."

Another release that I have planned for this coming year is another lost Neorev album. During the time from 2006 until 2009, I was writing two album simultaneously. One is the well known and official album debut of Neorev called "Lines & Shapes" and the other was an album called "This World Without You." While "Lines & Shapes" was a fun dance/club oriented, four on the floor and breakbeat album, "This World Without You" was meant to be the complete opposite... a dark and downtempo rock electronic album. I wanted to showcase two completely different sides of Neorev and were suppose to be released not that far apart from each other. Unfortunately, I lost interest at the time and felt that this different direction might confuse people and turn some people off while not giving it a full chance. After letting a few people close to me hear this lost album for the first time recently, I started to appreciate it more than I did at the time. And I was being asked the question "Why the hell didn't you release this?" So it's been a couple of years since I opened up these tracks' project files and began doing some cleaning up. I have 20 something tracks from this session and would like to pick the best 12-14 tracjs for a proper release. Before the year is up, I will finally show "This World Without You" to the world and you'll get to experience the second chapter of would have been a double feature. If you thought "Children Of The Bomb" was different from "Line & Shapes," "This World Without You" is a million times out there... but in a strange way, it's what would have been a proper bridge between the two albums. Forget the dancefloor stuff, this is Neorev going dark industrial rock. I wasn't thinking about the dancefloor at all whatsoever when I wrote this one. I trade in breaks for live rock drums and synths for more natural instruments like piano and guitar. I hope you will enjoy when it finally hits later this year.

<3 NR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:31 am
new track from the upcoming EP...
http://soundcloud.com/neorev/dont-let-e ... -down-demo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:17 pm
another new track from the upcoming EP recorded live from the 2012 Electro-Music Festival on September 8th in Huguenot, NY...

WILDFIRE (Live At EM2012)
http://soundcloud.com/neorev/wildfire-live-at-em2012

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:47 pm
"Michael Matteo a.k.a NEOREV has been blazing a trail all summer. We originally booked him in the spring for the MARTYPARTY show at Drom and we were so impressed we brought him back for the 4th of July party we threw in Brooklyn, yet again he delivered the goods and has been doing the same all over the city.
His debut album Children Of The Bomb dropped at the end of 2011 with two associated e.p’s this year so far and a third planned for the Fall. Home grown bass music from the state of New York and most certainly worth checking out."

- Bass Fueled Mischief /// NYC Spotlight

Read the full article...
http://bassfuel.com/nyc-spotlight/nyc-spotlight/

<3 NR

New EP and live show recording coming soon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:06 am
An amazing review of my last EP on The Big Takeover...

"Once again, Neorev returns with music so astonishingly excellent that one truly has to wonder why Michael Matteo isn’t one of the top electronic producers of the moment.

Like the “Brooklyn Stomp” EP, this is an album’s worth of remixes, reworkings and exclusive originals, though where “Brooklyn Stomp” was in the present moment with Children of the Bomb, “Let’s Get Down” points the way of the future for the electronic artist.

The opening three tracks are reworkings of Neorev tunes by Matteo himself. Here, the plodding industrial dubstep of the title track becomes a booming mid-paced dance track, while “Brooklyn Stomp” transforms into raging drum & bass. Even “Slaughterhouse,” from Neorev’s debut Lines & Shapes, breathes new life as sinister, shadow-laden dubstep.

The following three exclusive new tracks not only indicate Neorev’s direction, but are absolutely some of his best tracks to date. Where “Proper Funkage” recalls the psychotic pounding of Superstar DJ Keoki, “Boom!” takes orgasmic electronics to a whole new level, creating something between Kraftwerk and Leftfield. “Solstice” calms things down a bit with a mellow beat and a pulsing drone, like Stereolab doing music for an old Sega Genesis game, perhaps a Phantasy Star installment.

A series of remixes by various artists follows, each taking a unique approach to Neorev’s singular vision while retaining the spirit of the original track. The album version of “Let’s Get Down” from Children of the Bomb closes the door, reminding us where this all originated.

So much more than a mere vehicle to promote a single, this EP deserves the attention and respect of a full-length release. Longtime fans will revel in the electronic ecstasy of Matteo’s futuristic songcraft, though, if you’re new to the Neorev dimension, this is an excellent place to begin your journey. Respect the boom."

-Chuck Foster (The Big Takeover)

Read the article...
http://www.bigtakeover.com/recordings/n ... v-bandcamp

Download the "Lets Get Down EP" at:
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/lets-get-down-ep

WILDFIRE EP coming 10.12.12

♥ NEOREV

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 am
On October 12th, 2012, the third EP in support of my latest album "CHILDREN OF THE BOMB" was released...

WILDFIRE EP (2012)
[01] WILDFIRE
[02] DON'T LET 'EM GET YOU DOWN
[03] NO CONTROL
[04] THROTTLE
[05] BETTER
[06] PRUNE JUICE featuring Centri
[07] KNOT ROT featuring Kid Versus Chemical
[08] RUFF, RUGGED, N' RAW featuring Villain.
[09] WILDFIRE (Thermonuclearity Remix)
[10] BASSHEAD featuring Villain (Aquila Remix)
[11] PROPER FUNKAGE (Grinny Grandad Funk Up)
[12] BROOKLYN STOMP (Defpotec Remix)
[13] RENEGADE FM (Subrox Re-Twist)
[14] HARD STYLE (Noise Generator Remix)
/// Full EP download includes bonus live recording ///
[15] NEOREV - Live At The 2012 Electro-Music Festival

You can download the EP from our Bandcamp page in the format of your choice at
http://www.neorev.bandcamp.com/album/wildfire-ep

You can also stream all three of the EPs on the official NR YouTube page...

WILDFIRE EP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAXQtVqQJtU

LET'S GET DOWN EP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SidKtLLw3xg

BROOKLYN STOMP EP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2did-gKZaA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:20 am
LINES & SHAPES: EXPANDED EDITION

Coming in November!

Doing some final tweaks for the "Lines & Shapes" remastered and expanded edition. It will be a two parter released simultaneously... and yes, it will be a total of 40 tracks. Besides the original 14 album tracks, it will come with alternate NR mixes, the bonus non-album tracks that were spread across the "Oh No!," "Disco Bustin'," & "Rock The Beat" EPs, along with even more demos recorded during this period. Dug deep through the vault for this one to make it truly special and a nice representation of this era from 2006-2010. There's even more music that I will release in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 am
wow, discovered some people posted older material from me on YouTube!
dat's some back in 2003 shit right derr...

"Crank This Shit Up"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYKthM64ow

taken from Brainkiller Presents "Music From The Jilted Generation"

"Do It Like That"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYb5Zw0j1k

(some guy from Poland uploaded this and added a half naked slutty chick all wet and making out with the floor?...
i contacted him just to see where he got the tracks from since it was never really released anywhere. he said that he had the track for years and loved it so much that he uploaded it on YT... but he doesn't even know how he got it. he proceeded to flip out that he was actually contacted by Neorev and how he was going to tell all of his friends about it. found his excitement and the whole situation funny because he was going to brag to his friend about our encounter yet i'm not even that major anywhere lol)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 am
LINES & SHAPES: EXPANDED EDITION has arrived...
The remastered and extended edition of NEOREV's 2009 debut release is back with a whopping 40 tracks (42 if you download each part in full) spread across two chapters. You get the original 14 track album along with tons of non-album tracks, previously unreleased demos, alternate mixes, and live reworkings of some of your favorite NR tracks...

-----PART ONE-----
01 OH NO!
02 FORCE
03 SLAUGHTERHOUSE
04 ROCK THE BEAT
05 DISCO BUSTIN'
06 PUPPY
07 SOLDIER
08 ALIVE
09 YOUR OWN PACE
10 LINES AND SHAPES
11 THE STARS ABOVE US
12 HIT 'EM HARD
13 NO TURNING BACK
14 ANOTHER CLOUDY DAYS
15 OH NO! (Live Re-Edit)
16 DISCO BUSTIN' (NR Remix)
17 ROCK THE BEAT (NR Remix)
18 FORCE (NR Remix)
19 NO TURNING BACK (Live Re-Edit)
20 OH NO! (NR Remix)
21 DISCO BUSTIN' (2012 Mix)***

***Full download of Part 1 includes the bonus track "Disco Bustin' (2012 Mix)"

Download Part 1 here:
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/lines- ... ion-part-1

-----PART TWO-----
01 DEMON INSIDE (2012 Mix)
02 OBLITERATE
03 THREE BEAT SALAD
04 DON'T FRET
05 ARTIFICIAL RADIO
06 HAUNTED
07 UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT
08 BOOTY
09 FRANKENSTEIN TWO-STEP
10 START ROCKIN'
11 TERRITORIAL
12 TWISTED
13 ON THE EDGE
14 THE RAID
15 THE CONCEPT (Alternate Mix)
16 TOUGH GUY
17 ROTTEN BEATS
18 THE STARS ABOVE US (Reprise)
19 MIRACLE TREE
20 ANOTHER CLOUDY DAY (Part II)
21 OH NO! (NR's Lost Remix)***

***Full download of Part 2 includes the bonus track "Oh No! (NR's Lost Remix)"

Download Part 2 here:
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/lines- ... ion-part-2

"Long Island’s Neorev, aka Michael Matteo, embodies the epitome of what electronic dance music should be, i.e., music first and foremost, not just endless, insidious thumping. The fact is, the tracks on Lines & Shapes are actual songs with structure and changes, not just squibbles and squeaks over a 4/4 bass drum.

Lines & Shapes opens with “Oh No!”, an aggressive, almost industrial track recalling Lords of Acid or perhaps even My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult. Things change on “Force,” an Arabesque drum & bass trope. From here the tracks continue to demand attention while never stooping to the typical boring phrases and clichés expectant of electronic dance music. Several tracks, “The Stars Above Us,” “No Turning Back” and “Another Cloudy Day” even take on a particularly Krautrockian tone, eschewing the beat in favor of form and feeling, like Kluster or something.

In a style as bland as modern dance music, it’s quite refreshing to hear a collection of songs with some thought behind them. EDM doesn’t need to be boring, it just tends to be that way. We need more Neorevs to teach us otherwise."

-Chuck Foster (Big Takeover Magazine)

Read the full review for the original release:
http://www.bigtakeover.com/recordings/n ... ar-norotek