<  MUSIC  ~  The Official NEOREV Music Thread

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I did a remix for IT WAS JULY

Download her latest release...
REVELATION//REMIXED EP

1. Revelation (Aquila Remix)
2. Don't (Neorev Remix)
3. Year (Flexxion Remix)
4. Don't (MoozeBlaster Remix)
5. Heirloom (Thermonuclearity Remix)
6. Revelation (IT WAS JULY Remix)
7. Don't (Getaphix Remix)

**Bonus track with full download**
8. Hurt (cover)**

Full download includes a bonus cover version of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails and is available for free in the format of your choice here...
http://itwasjuly.bandcamp.com/album/revelation-remixed

IT WAS JULY will be lending her vocals on the title track "No Control" for my next EP. We are also working together on our own side project. I actually mixed and mastered tracks 6 and 8 on "Revelation//Remixed" and will be working on her next EP of original music due out early next year.

Download the original release that inspired this remix EP...

REVELATION

1. Year
2. Heirloom
3. Dont
4. Revelation

**Bonus track with full download**
5. Find Me (demo)**

Full download includes the bonus demo track "Find Me" and is available for free in the format of your choice here...
http://itwasjuly.bandcamp.com/album/revelation-ep-4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Here's quite a flattering review of my latest release, the WILDFIRE EP...

The first question that comes to mind when listening to a new Neorev release is, “How in the hell does Michael Matteo keep getting better?” With his “Wildfire” EP, he not only brings us some stellar originals, but also provides enough worthy remixes and collaborations to present an album’s worth of his best material to date.

The opening title track is a perfectly wicked dubstep tune inspired by the explosives on Game of Thrones. “Don’t Let ‘Em Get You Down,” an infectious bit of neo-disco follows, incorporating elements of Kraftwerk and dance industrial to the regiment. On “No Control,” Matteo truly steps outside the framework of electronic dance music to make a masterful electro-punk hybrid that is possibly his best track to date. “Throttle” recalls Superstar DJ Keoki, while “Better” comes across as the relaxing intro or middle to a jungle track without the drum and bass madness, which, by the way, is in full effect on the phenomenal remix of “Hard Style” by Noise Generator. “Prune Juice,” “Knot Rot” and “Ruff, Rugged, ‘N Raw,” collaborations with various rappers, represent hip-hop, and the closing “Live at the Electro-Music Festival” presents a powerful near-35-minute live set that proves that Matteo can be as exciting outside of the studio as he is in it.

It’s rare to find an artist that evolves so beautifully as Neorev has over the past few years. At this point, he should be producing top-ten hits for A-list pop-stars, but the music industry, as usual, is looking backward, not forward. Neorev is the future, and I like where it’s headed.

- Chuck Foster /// Big Takeover Magazine

http://www.bigtakeover.com/recordings/n ... v-bandcamp

Download the full EP for free in the format of your choice at...
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/wildfire-ep

***Full download includes bonus live recording of my performance at EM2012***

<3 NR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
NEOREV wrote:
“How in the hell does Michael Matteo keep getting better?” With his “Wildfire” EP, he not only brings us some stellar originals, but also provides enough worthy remixes and collaborations to present an album’s worth of his best material to date.

This.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 pm
:-D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:39 am
Happy holidays to my friends, my family, and my fans...
I wanted to do something special this year... so here's a collection of bootlegs and remixes spanning the last decade of me doing my music thang. It's all for free download in the format of your choice. 2013 is almost here and I can't believe the new year will mark ten years for NR. In 2003, I uploaded my first official track "Crank This Shit Up" under the Neorev alias for an online competition on a fan website for The Prodigy. Now here I am ten years later... still soldiering on... still making the beats. And I'm not stopping anytime soon! I love you all from the bottom of my heart and appreciate all of the support over this last decade. Keep spreading the love and I'll keep making the beats. Hope you all enjoy this little special collection that'll be up for a limited time. Stay safe, be well, and I wish the best for you and yours. New music in 2013 :)

01 SUBWOOFER - Dirty Bomb (Neorev Remix)
02 GRINNY GRANDAD - Poetry #9 (Neorev Remix)
03 BEASTIE BOYS - Body Movin' (Neorev Remix)
04 MOOZEBLASTER - Under My Skin (Neorev Remix)
05 AMANDA BLANK - Get It Now (Neorev Remix)
06 J-KWON - Tipsy (Neorev Remix)
07 LOCKDOWN - Comic Relief (Neorev Remix)
08 THERMONUCLEARITY - Redone (Neorev Remix)
09 MC CHRIS - MC Chris Is Back (Neorev Remix)
10 IT WAS JULY - Don't (Neorev Remix)

Download here:
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/bootle ... -2003-2013

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
assholes on here should pay a little more respect to the effort you are putting in.. if anything you are persistant.. stuffs getting better too, keep up the good work man

RESPECT

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 am
Well you are here Warrior and that is what counts.
Respect for your support mate :)

Someone mentioned that they had issues with Bandcamp and trying to download from it...
So I wanted to make sure there were some other options in case Bandcamp acts a lil funky for some peeps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 am
i started digging through all of my project files...
since i began work on CHILDREN OF THE BOMB, so we're talking about March of 2011...
searching through all the ideas that i wrote over the course of writing an album and it's three companion EPs up until where we are today, January of 2013.

i took all of these ideas, the better ones at least, and mashed 'em up into a 25 minute long medley, featuring over 70 something demo bits that never quite made it into becoming a fully realized track.

this will give you an idea of the amount of material that gets made during the whole writing process and give you a behind the scenes look at the unreleased works...

http://www.neorevmusic.com/Neorev_-_The ... 1-2013.mp3

something catches your fancy?
be sure to mark the time down and leave me a comment on which parts get ya grooving :)
i'd like to see which bits people enjoy and, who knows, could one day becoming a full on choon

enjoyz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:55 pm
NO CONTROL EP
Available for free download on February 15th

NEOREV featuring IT WAS JULY
"No Control (Vocal Mix)"
http://soundcloud.com/neorev/no-control ... ing-it-was

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
I'll repeat it again in here too ..
Great track + more better including It Was July vox!
:-D

Supported by Generation X [Radio Show]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 am
everything youve done recently is sounding like you are starting to hit your stride, keep working hard man 'Don't Let 'Em Get You Down' is my fave track and 'no control' is pretty catchy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm
@Glowkid
appreciate all of your support, bruv. and for always showing me love on your show. it means a lot to me :)

@Warrior
thanks mate! yeah i definitely feel like i keep improving with each release. which i guess is a good thing, especially when you can feel it yourself. to feel that you're always moving ahead and not becoming stagnant or stuck in a rut. but it also puts more pressure on you, to try and top the last one... doyouknowwhatimean ;)

after No Control, gonna take a little break from full on releases and really get my head into working on a brand new album. something before the end of the year hopefully. it's just getting in that mindset and getting the ball rolling on something cohesive.

i hope to put together another physical CD for sale by the summer, a kinda Best Of from all these extra tracks that were spread throughout the EPs... but with some extra stuff. for instance, the Slaughterhouse rework on "Let's Get Down" has a full on vocal mix featuring rapper Centri and there's a new live re-edit of Blue Lines that's a bit faster and has some changes. so i wanna put a couple few little exclusive things on it to make it special. and it will also be up for download as well.

i'm in the middle of working on an electronic rap project with Centri as well as a project with It Was July. i've also been helping Susan mix and master her next EP, which is gonna be amazing. much darker and more aggressive compared to Revelation.

so it's been a busy last couple of years :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 am
It is finally here...

NO CONTROL EP

01 NO CONTROL [featuring It Was July]
02 MONETARY POLICY [featuring Centri]
03 RIPTIDE
04 VAPOR TRAIL
05 DEMON INSIDE
06 HOPE FOR THE HOPELESS
07 NO CONTROL (Instrumental)
08 NO CONTROL [featuring It Was July] (Aquila Rework)
09 NO CONTROL [featuring It Was July] (Electro Pioneer's Control Freak Mix)
10 NO CONTROL [featuring It Was July] (Thermonuclearity Remix)
11 NO CONTROL [featuring It Was July] (Noise Generator Remix)
12 BASSHEAD [featuring Villain] (Turbo Tiger Remix)
13 PROPER FUNKAGE (Subrox Funkdafied Mix)

Download in the format of your choice at:
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/no-control-ep

<3 NEOREV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:32 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
No Control feat Susan :slayer: + rmx from Aquila + downloading the whole ep and will test the car speakers later :D

respect