<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Does Get Your Fight On have elements of Heatwave Hurricane?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Or am I just crazy and hearing things?
I can definitely see the latter.

So OK folks, come on this journey with me for a moment.
I may be reaching here, but who cares there's nothing else to do here until the actual album is let loose.

It especially doesn't help since this is going by two not so great live video recordings when it comes their sound quality. But I do remember Liam being asked about "Heatwave Hurricane" and mentioning how the original track was torn apart and elements were possibly being reused different tunes. This is more in regards to the groove rather than the melody and whatnot. I noticed something within "Get Your Fight On" that sounds slightly similar to "Heatwave Hurricane." A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Ykr7fZO7I
the riff is here, goes from :38-:41 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lRQ5Sf6pzE
and here is this riff :36-:39 seconds

I don't know... you know how with ghost images there's things like visual matrixing... your brain interpreting data and making you see things that aren't really there?
Is there such a thing as audio matrixing? lol

Because I hear SOMETHING similar there...
But "Get Your Fight On" is more straightforward on the beat 4/4
Where "Heatwave Hurricane" has more of a skip or groove with the same riff, but the kick comes in later on the last half of the bar.

I think something is there... it instantly made me think of this track.
Curious if anyone else hears what I'm getting at?
It's obviously not a direct copy of what he did with the older track, but a similar groove.

Or maybe I'm just going fucking crazy in my older age and haven't really had any sleep the last few nights and we all need this damn album to come already before we rip each other's throats out!
:P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:15 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Something like this little part (3 seconds also)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szDZOMd ... u.be&t=50s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
Something like this little part (3 seconds also)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szDZOMd ... u.be&t=50s

Yeah I can hear what you're saying with that riff with Liam messing with it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
NEOREV wrote:
Because I hear SOMETHING similar there...
But "Get Your Fight On" is more straightforward on the beat 4/4
Where "Heatwave Hurricane" has more of a skip or groove with the same riff, but the kick comes in later on the last half of the bar.

I think something is there... it instantly made me think of this track.
Curious if anyone else hears what I'm getting at?
It's obviously not a direct copy of what he did with the older track, but a similar groove.

Hmm dunno mate :? the first thing that came to my mind when i heard this version was "Serial Thrilla".

Offline Profile