<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Hearing Damage Thread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:31 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
untitled6 wrote:
And he doesn't have any damage.

that's not possible

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:30 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:47 am
memphis wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

that's not possible

Liam Howlett must have some form of hearing damage or at least tinnitus. He has probably not answered this question because he didn't hear it being asked..

Apart from that we should call this forum Earkiller.it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:07 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 510Location: New York CityJoined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 pm
lb_neko wrote:
memphis wrote:
untitled6 wrote:

that's not possible

Liam Howlett must have some form of hearing damage or at least tinnitus. He has probably not answered this question because he didn't hear it being asked..

Apart from that we should call this forum Earkiller.it

Keep in mind the band are not facing the speakers, the sound is projected out. While it's still loud as fuck, the sound is not directed to them beside some stage monitors pointed to them for them to 'check' on. they have earpeices as well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:04 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
it's not only the live side. im sure he's not using ear protection when writing music and you def write prodigy music loud

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:47 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 23Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:22 pm
gotta say I wear 'em now, but it's kinda too late to stop the tinnitus :-(
that seems to be here (no pun intended) to stay.
I also find the music is clearer with the plugs in instead of it being a distorted mess.
in short a better experience. And nowadays the whistling lasts for weeks if I dont.

Not wanting to sound like an old Fart, but they're your ears. Do what you want with 'em.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:14 pm
Have you guys ever used Magnesium supplements? Apparently it helps to recover your hearing and also reduces tinnitus or ear ringing. There is some scientific/clinical base for this as well:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22249877

Some more info here:

http://randombio.com/noise.html

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Quarter past seven.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:39 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Quarter past seven.

Why?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:20 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
lb_neko wrote:
It is a fact that hearing damage and tinnitus can also occur with sounds resonating through the skull and bones of a person. The Prodigy's heavy bass lines are notorious for this. In this event, ear plugs simply do not have any effect because the sound reaches the inner ear from within the body(!)

I have seen the Prodigy live 11 times and have now decided that it has been enough. I will avoid any loud source of noise from now on and wear earplugs where I can. I will have ear plugs in my pocket at all times.

Sometimes I dream about filing a class-action suit with all the Prodigy's victims against the Prodigy Inc. and then using the rewards from that to fund and support the worldwide tinnitus foundation and hearing damage research. I wonder if the Prod has any insurance against this sort of thing..?

I know that you are just trolling, but it is worth pointing out that most concert tickets have a disclaimer in the small print along the lines of "prolonged exposure to loud music may cause long term damage to hearing" - in other words, it's at your own risk, foools.

As for me, I have thought about wearing plugs until they actually come on stage because I'm sure the loud support acts spoils my hearing a little before the main event. I want my ears to be fresh and ready.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:21 pm
baxterbasics wrote:
lb_neko wrote:
It is a fact that hearing damage and tinnitus can also occur with sounds resonating through the skull and bones of a person. The Prodigy's heavy bass lines are notorious for this. In this event, ear plugs simply do not have any effect because the sound reaches the inner ear from within the body(!)

I have seen the Prodigy live 11 times and have now decided that it has been enough. I will avoid any loud source of noise from now on and wear earplugs where I can. I will have ear plugs in my pocket at all times.

Sometimes I dream about filing a class-action suit with all the Prodigy's victims against the Prodigy Inc. and then using the rewards from that to fund and support the worldwide tinnitus foundation and hearing damage research. I wonder if the Prod has any insurance against this sort of thing..?

I know that you are just trolling, but it is worth pointing out that most concert tickets have a disclaimer in the small print along the lines of "prolonged exposure to loud music may cause long term damage to hearing" - in other words, it's at your own risk, foools.

As for me, I have thought about wearing plugs until they actually come on stage because I'm sure the loud support acts spoils my hearing a little before the main event. I want my ears to be fresh and ready.

Would you be standing at the front? I have no reason to troll.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:20 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
lb_neko wrote:
I have no reason to troll.

He meant the class action part, which was an obvious joke :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:32 pm
climbatize92 wrote:
I had ringing for years, but now it's become OK.

Did the ringing in your ears just disappear after a few years?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:55 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 76Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm
lakow wrote:
Earplugs during The Prodigy gig?
Are u serious?
***** please.

you'd be surprised about the sound quality, if you have personal fitted plugs with a filter music can be lots of better while concerts

and nobody wants tinitus, trust me
i'm enjoying the prodigy since Android, but in the latest album reviews I read lots of stuff about 'game boy sounds' but I dont know where they are talking about, cuz i don't hear them cuz of tinitus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:51 am
BIEB wrote:
lakow wrote:
Are u serious?
***** please.

you'd be surprised about the sound quality, if you have personal fitted plugs with a filter music can be lots of better while concerts

i'm enjoying the prodigy since Android, but in the latest album reviews I read lots of stuff about 'game boy sounds' but I dont know where they are talking about, cuz i don't hear them cuz of tinitus

Your name fit quits well then, Bieb.

I would urge anyone with tinnitus to stay away from Prodigy (or other) concerts. Even with earplugs.

There IS such a thing as earbone conduction, ear plugs do not protect against that! Also your physical position in the venue/the field may not be relevant at all.

More here: http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/c ... ts&t=10948

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:29 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 76Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm
lb_neko wrote:
BIEB wrote:
lakow wrote:
Are u serious?
***** please.

Your name fit quits well then, Bieb.

I would urge anyone with tinnitus to stay away from Prodigy (or other) concerts. Even with earplugs.

There IS such a thing as earbone conduction, ear plugs do not protect against that! Also your physical position in the venue/the field may not be relevant at all.

More here: http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/c ... ts&t=10948

Hi Neko,
it has been a while that I was on BK, but I have to tell my whole story to make myself clear.

So I'm listening to The Prodigy since Android back in 1991. In 1995 when I was 14 my legs suddenly got paralized cuz of a tumor in my back and since then i'm a 'wheely'. In that period i got lots of heavy antibiotics and those made me have hearing loss.
I kept on enjoying music but when going out I always used ear plugs. In the main time my ears were getting worse and worse. At first I lost high tones and got tinnitus (35db!) , this remaind a time the same, but around 2009 i started to lose mid tones and low tones as wel. In 2011 i got completely deaf and with surgery i got a Cochleair Implant.
The results of that CI are amazing, I can say I hear about 90% again so that smuch better then 0% and for all you guys its ofcourse cool to know I can enjoy EDM again and like this i'm very very happy I can hear The Prodigy again. Their music fits me perfect, i can hear the tones again and ofcourse; deaf or not, i always enjoyed the feeling of the beats!
Like I said I lost high tones at first so after a while I couldnt hear my favo track Weather Experience anymore, but when I could hear it again I realy got shivers down my spine and played WE over and over again (So Liam, when you come back to Belgium, just play the tune man! :D )
The CI is limited in tones but i'm sure it does enough for EDM. Just my 35db tinitus still limits my hightones, and the most important thing I can say about tinitus is that it realy stresses you out! Every day again my day starts like hell, like the tinitus crashes me down, but day by day I 'get my fight on' and enjoy life.

So please guys, protect your ears, the CI helped me good to hear again but do not underestimate what tinitus does with your life quality!