<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy Expanded Edition

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Arrived this morning has anyone noticed when you
Put your disc in your computer and open iTunes
there's no tracklisting been submitted

Last edited by dirt on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
NEOREV wrote:
this release features some of the best remixes done in the last two album eras
honestly this whole album era was strong when it came to remixes
much better than IMD era, which really only had the Noisia remix of Omen
even the AONO era was pretty dull from the few remixes we got

I agree, most of the IMD remix were almost crappy in my opinion. Just very few were ok: TMTTH Liam and Josh Homme rmx, the Omen Noisia rmx was ok, but even nothing special.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Wow, my CD arrived! That was fast!
Shipped Thursday arrived Wednesday, less then a week with a weekend in the middle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:21 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Still no CD.....

Is it have a booklet or just a piece of paper?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:08 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:22 pm
kenjah wrote:

Thank you! :)

So The Day is officially a single. Now it needs a banger video!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:50 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
Recieved my CD today ..... :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
triggernuclear wrote:
kenjah wrote:

where does it say that ?
its just a remix CD

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:23 pm
Mine arrived yesterday!! :Firestarter:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:24 pm
dirt wrote:
triggernuclear wrote:
kenjah wrote:

where does it say that ?
its just a remix CD

The booklet has all the CD single's covers in order. That is the proof. And it has a promo CDr!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:54 pm
ah yes i just looked in mine so it does

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:43 pm
Just listened to it. Fukin love it!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:50 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
I finally own this expanded cd and in my opinion it's not as awesome as you guys think it is;

We already had many of the tracks (Night Is My Friend EP, Japanese Tour CD) and the extra tracks are a bit of everything.

Ibiza (Instrumental) is a nice addition as it was only available on 7" so fair play, AWOL is by now redundant (should have included Rise Of The Eagles), Shut Em Up is a mash-up which fits much better on a 12" bootleg white label and the DOPE version is really awful.

I liked Roadblox (The Jaguar Skills Ninja Terminator Remix) very much, a solid drum n bass remix, nothing new but effective, the Roadblox (Reso Remix) is easily forgettable and it comes after the Ninja Remix, which in some way spois the listening experience.

But now when I played THIS SHIT -Medicine (South Central Remix) I couldn't believe what I was listening to. One of the coolest tracks from the new album was destroyed, bastardized and derided by this house act or whatever he is. Having commited the same mistake before (Invaders era) how can Liam choose this act to remix one of his tracks? FFS man, rmixes back in the 90's were brilliant, we had much less but with more artistic input, you cannot release every single shit you are offered, come on!!

It made me cringe really. It's sad to think that remixes such as Mindfields (Monkey Mafia) were so obscure and this is included in a expanded pack.

Last edited by jonyintheplace on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
I finally own this expanded cd and in my opinion it's not as awesome as you guys think it is;

We already had many of the tracks (Night Is My Friend EP, Japanese Tour CD) and the extra tracks are a bit of everything.

Ibiza (Instrumental) is a nice addition as it was only available on 7" so fair play, AWOL is by now redundant (should have included Rise Of The Eagles), Shut Em Up is a mash-up which fits much better on a 12" bootleg white label and the DOPE version is really awful.

I liked Roadblox (The Jaguar Skills Ninja Terminator Remix) very much, a solid drum n bass remix, nothing new but effective, the Roadblox (Reso Remix) is easily forgettable and it comes after the Ninja Remix, which in some way spois the listening experience.

But now when I played THIS SHIT -Medicine (South Central Remix) I couldn't believe what I was listening to. One of the coolest tracks from the new album was destroyed, bastardized and derided by this house or whatever he is "artist". Having commited the same mistake before (Invaders era) how can Liam choose this act to remix one of his tracks? FFS man, rmixes back in the 90's were brilliant, we had much less but with more artistic input, you cannot release every single shit you are offered, come on!!

It made me cringe really. It's sad to think that remixes such as Mindfields (Monkey Mafia) were so obscure and this is included in a expanded pack.

I don't know where you notice such a destruction, derision and bastardization. As always, it is a question of tastes and I understand it, but I personally find it one of the best remixes so far. I don't like South Central, but with this remix of Medicine they went over my expectations. I find it cool, original, yes clubby, but enough good to be a great remix.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Everyone has their preference. I didn't really like the Monkey Mafia remix, found it to be pretty forgettable. TDIME Expanded is one of the best collections of remixes the band has done. AONO was probably the worst period, IMD wasn't any better. I think they made a lot of better choices this time around. The Dope D.O.D. track is one of the best things Liam has done since TFOTL. I'm glad he's got some funk and hip hop back in his groove. He's a much stronger hip hop producer than punk rock.