<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  What track would you like to ask The Prodigy to play?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:32 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Imagine a situation when, out of random, you have a chance to see the boys before the gig briefly, and you want to ask them to play a track that you always wanted to hear live. Which one would that be? I guess nobody will be killed for answering "No Souvenirs" or something equally bullshit (as in, impossible to happen), but please try to keep the answers at least remotely possible, e.g. tracks that were ever played live, most likely in the last ~10 years so hopefully Liam has them somewhere on his list.

To answer the question myself, there's a couple of tracks that I'd love to hear live, but I think I'd pick Break n Enter 2005 over the others. This track had quite a few live versions (ones I remember would be at least 2 95' versions, the 2005 edit which eventually ended up as a studio version as well; or the Crusader/original B&E mashup played for a couple of gigs in Australia ~three years ago), and while (apart from being obviously impossible to be played) the 95 versions were really good with the guitars and shit, I still think I'd pick the 2005 version. Just watch one of these Italian B&E videos (I'm sure most of you guys are familiar with them), the intro is giving me chills, the track's athmosphere is darker than anything they ever played. The studio version is amazing but I believe it doesn't give the entire feeling of when it was played live.

There are more tracks that I'd love to hear. Warning - although the band seems to believe that Run is a better version of it, I couldn't disagree more. (I kinda like Run live though, especially when compared to the studio version, but Warning is simply miles better for me). Mescaline - lucky Belarussian bastards got to hear it, so I guess there's always a chance :) Finally - Comanche, I'd jizz in my pants if I ever heard it live...

When thinking about the tracks that sometimes pop into the setlist for a few concerts, I had mixed luck. I attended two gigs in 2015, I heard Medicine once, but missed hearing No Good, WoD, EitP, Diesel Power... seems like this year it's likely I will hear Poison (about time this fucker's back in the setlist), which is nice. Some tracks need to rest for a while, so we can realize how much do we miss them. On another side, though, some of my gigs were insanely lucky when it comes to the setlists. I was in Warsaw in 2012 where Jetfighter and Spitfast were played for the second time, two years later there, they started the set with Spitfire (according to setlist.fm, it was the only time they ever played it after 2010 - even to this day, if we don't count the special setlist for China). Finally, last year Opener with Rise of the Eagles first time play. Hoping for some more surprises in 9 days :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I got to hear Break And Enter 2005, Warning, Back 2 Skool, & Dead Ken Beats all in one show during Their Law tour
I saw original Thunder and Comanche live when they came through NYC for IMD tour

So since seeing these, as much as I'd love them to be in the sets more, without them my top 5 would be...

Hyperspeed
Rhythm Of Life
One Man Army
Rebel Radio
Voodoo Beats

Last edited by NEOREV on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:32 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
a really long action radar fill with kieron on drums. killer!

to be honest ... just more fills would be nice. liam should switch back to triggering stuff from ableton. fuck it if he "looks like a dj". he's not and we know it. so why the f not. fills that flow into the next track are great. action into warning is a great example.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Vodooo Beats
Back 2 Skool
Hot Ride
Rebel Radio
Baby's Got A Temper

Anyway, my first request would be for Vooodoo Beats, then the rest.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
3 kilos was a big track for me. I'd wish Liam would do a great live edit/link.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Break & Enter / Break & Enter 05
Rhythm Of Life
Girls
Narayan

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:56 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Wake Up Call/Wake the Fuck Up
Other AONO tracks: Girls/More Girls mash up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:44 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 393Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Android - one of my all time favoritesr

ALso i would like to see live performings of One love, Girls, Funky shit, Music reach...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:59 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
scienideboy wrote:
Android - one of my all time favoritesr

ALso i would like to see live performings of One love, Girls, Funky shit, Music reach...

That setlist would be even great!

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:29 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
No Souvenirs ...... so we can finally judge ourselves which version is the better one 8-)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:07 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
We do what we want!

Always sounded like a banger, would love to hear it properly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:24 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 4Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:10 pm
Hi all. i've been visiting this awesome site for years but only just registered! Great work Brainkiller crew. I remember in the build up to The day is my enemy Liam was posting short snippets of music,one piece in particular just blew me away even tho it was very short and had no beats.i loved it, sounded mystical and evil, and didn't make it on to the album as far as i know.i would love this to be turned into a track or maybe it is ! ??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:46 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
subtract wrote:
We do what we want!

Always sounded like a banger, would love to hear it properly

Yes! This! Out of all the known unreleased material, this one I want the most.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
BGAT , Crazy man & Scienide .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:25 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
the trick (most underrated prodigy track ever)
dust yo'self

Offline Profile