<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy 30/03/15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:46 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
he chats with him? cool!

and eh, nuclear and trigger, and no souvenirs and original version of warning with keith, and dead ken!

:')

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:51 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
I wish.... :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
I wish.... :P

Me too :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:08 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Anyway I just can't understand why the fuck Liam can't give us Trigger and Nuclear studio versions after every fan are moaning for them. And Liam knows that. Liam should release a rarities EP with all the live favourites and everyone will be fuckin happy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
triggernuclear wrote:
Anyway I just can't understand why the fuck Liam can't give us Trigger and Nuclear studio versions after every fan are moaning for them. And Liam knows that. Liam should release a rarities EP with all the live favourites and everyone will be fuckin happy.

Possibly sample clearance? Then again, if he just released them for free I don't think it would matter. But if he wanted to sell them, he would have to clear and/or pay for every noticeable sample. I think that's a huge reason why we don't get many unreleased tracks. When they were on XL Recordings, they had a label to help pay for things like that. I kinda wish the band would go back to a bigger label to help pay for something like this. One of the biggest changes from post-AONO/XL Prodigy is sampling. Sure, there are still some, but nothing like TFOTL and AONO, which are quite sample heavy. When you have a major label behind you, you have a budget for things like that. Look what happened with "Warrior's Dance" and "Piranha," Liam had to completely rework their major samples. Even "Wake The Fuck Up" was changed for release since it was just a track to add on his Back To Mine. That's why we'll probably never get tracks like "Jetfighter" and "Dogbite." Too big of samples to clear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:39 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
triggernuclear wrote:
Attachments:
1479762469332.gif
1479762469332.gif [ 230.7 KiB | Viewed 9977 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:11 pm
I know you talked about sample issues, did liam ever confirm this?
Is that the reason he changed completely in his writing? basing everything on samples to doing everything with synths now suddenly?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:51 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
As Neorev says, I myself have always wondered why he never put these wanted tracks on the website for free, xmas present for the fans, but he has always been a ''bit'' stingy. Freakin hell, he did Baby's got a temper (beta version), Trigger, Dead Ken, Unstoppable (beta version), Frequencies, Back 2 skool (beta version), which is freaking good tracks, + the ones we never heard (I'm not mentioning the title) and they are just lyin' on a laptop probably, waiting to be erased in a meltdown. Hope he feels generous this xmas...............

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:24 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
I don't get the confusion here, Liam himself has said multiple times that he doesn't release tracks he's not happy with, i.e. tracks that don't live up to his expectations or as he put it "just don't sound right". That's probably the biggest reason most of the unreleased tracks don't see the light of day, I don't think it's sampling issues (at least not entirely, if he was really fond of those tracks he would find a way around it)..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:10 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
toX wrote:
I don't get the confusion here, Liam himself has said multiple times that he doesn't release tracks he's not happy with, i.e. tracks that don't live up to his expectations or as he put it "just don't sound right". That's probably the biggest reason most of the unreleased tracks don't see the light of day, I don't think it's sampling issues (at least not entirely, if he was really fond of those tracks he would find a way around it)..

...and yet we got Fighter beat on lost beats ep, that sound right? put smth online for free that sound right to the fans ;-)

cheers,
g

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:07 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
toX wrote:

Also, I think he tends to go back and take certain bits of from his library of tracks and regenerate them for other tracks he's working on, say a hook or a certain sound, a vocal sample. Could be why he doesn't release the non necessary tracks :dunno:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Liam lives in his own world...he does not think the way we do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:22 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNXKWQZgM36/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNXJJAwgYiq/

Invisible Sun live mix?

Edit :

LH took the videos down :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:10 pm
yeah if a tune is almost perfect, but not yet hard like firestarter he ditches the tune (original warning, ded ken)

if a tune is like he is not even trying punk rock diy then he releases it (like fighterbeat, cause it's cheap throwaway).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:14 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Fighter Beat is a fuckin great tune! One of the best tracks of the whole IMD era along with Black Smoke!