<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Liam Howlett interview on train from N. Novgorod, 09.11.2016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:33 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 73Location: RussiaJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 pm
Liam Howlett interview on train from N. Novgorod to Moscow, for theprodigy.ru, november 9 2016

https://vk.com/video-43462544_456239024

Last edited by Deefrex on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:01 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 393Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Thanks mate!! Good interview. So Liam is not going to release tracks like Good morning(voc. Juliete Lewis), which is, as he said, punkrock tune, Slang technology, Trigger, Nuclear. About No Souvenirs he said that lyrics are outdated, except for chorus, and that it was very difficult track to mix. He also said that it sound more like his solo work.

About future, his studio is now all analog, and next couple of months he will work on new music, whether EPs or album. He said that they were waiting for sometime to pass from TDIME, to start working on tracks, as he will move Prodigy sound further from TDIME sound. And as he always says, Prodigy sound will always be oldskul and banging.

I really hope and want to see Prodigy reinvent their sound again. I dont want another IMD/TDIME mutant, even though i love both albums.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
"I'll write the music for me and then for you."

That's everything.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
I like the form of the interview - chit-chat on the train :)

Quote:
he will move Prodigy sound further from TDIME sound

Move it as far as it possible and never back to fox era ;)

Nothing new about unreleased tracks, same statement but maybe at the end of the prodigy career we will get something. I have to admit that I cut off from The Prodigy music. Im still so dissapointed by new album / gigs / tdime era plus there is so many brilliant albums / artists in 2015 / 2016, you can almost forget about The Prodigy. I visit brainkiller forum very rarely because they lost my attention. I will just wait for something really good by Howlett. Maybe something will happen, i dont know but fingers crossed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
scienideboy wrote:
EPs or album

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:29 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Good interview.

Liam said he'd like to sample classical music (that avoids having to get sample clearance and paying royalties). He said he hadn't really done it before but he did on 'Dead Ken Beats' (Dirt Candy - Advice) track. That is from Edwin Elgar's Introduction and Allegro for Strings, Opus 47. From 4:38 here: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK8Ky18Haxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJlMNWJXx2Q

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:33 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 2Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:31 am
Nightmare wrote:
I like the form of the interview - chit-chat on the train :)

Quote:
he will move Prodigy sound further from TDIME sound

Move it as far as it possible and never back to fox era ;)

Nothing new about unreleased tracks, same statement but maybe at the end of the prodigy career we will get something. I have to admit that I cut off from The Prodigy music. Im still so dissapointed by new album / gigs / tdime era plus there is so many brilliant albums / artists in 2015 / 2016, you can almost forget about The Prodigy. I visit brainkiller forum very rarely because they lost my attention. I will just wait for something really good by Howlett. Maybe something will happen, i dont know but fingers crossed.

Same here....after one year nothing new,neither EP....only gigs...one thing that i hate from prodigy is that you need to wate 5 years for new track,i hate when he tease new tracks and at final never get released...so boring,i hope for 2017 come something new but i have my doubts....untill then he is goin to change the mind for new tracks,like...they dont sound right they dont fit well.....etc.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:49 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Good interview. I really enjoyed it. Even more interesting the part he says about that film/documentary about the band! Seems he's totally up for that, hope we'll have further news about it in the near future

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:56 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Very sad to hear that Trigger and Nuclear will never be released. :( But good news is Liam said maybe there will be new album sometimes, and not only EPs as stated earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:44 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
Nice form of interview :)
good questions, good job Dima.

I'm waiting for something new as f#@%