<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  If classic Prodigy albums were re-released in 24 bit...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I don't know how many folks here listen to 24 bit music, I am personally a fan as many of you know by now when handled properly. Of course, each album is different and the current loudness war is not helping things. So the benefits of 24 bit lossless don't always shine through. But I imagine the classic albums from The Prodigy, such as Experience, Music For The Jilted Generation, and The Fat Of The Land would sound amazing in 24 bit lossless audio. They are much quieter and warmer albums compared to the music of today, which is blown out and brickwalled to sh--. I don't know if the benefits of 24 bit lossless will be as apparent with Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned as it's quite a hot record mix/master-wise coming out at time of the loudness wars that still rage on today.

I've been contacting XL Recordings on their different social media accounts suggesting they look into re-releasing The Prodigy's classic albums in 24 bit. Radiohead recently re-released their album In Rainbows and it's bonus disc in 24 bit. I see many bands doing this today. Underworld went a step further and remastered their album Dubnobasswithmyheadman and released it as 24 bit and it sounds quite amazing. The original album was pretty quiet. But I don't even see the need in a remaster with The Prodigy's classic albums, just a chance to experience them in 24 bit if done properly.

What do you guys think? Would you be interested in something like this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:24 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
I normally disagree when you say you can only judge a track in lossless form.
As I take the stance that it only matters if you even like the track itself. Like, if you see a beautifull picture, you are like "wanna see it in HQ? YES PLZ!", but if the image is kinda boring or plain not nice, I really don't bother.

But talking about FAT, or JILTED being 24bit...holy fuk. I'm in!

Also AONO...they should remaster it, take the mix before this American girl got her hands on it and brickwalled it, give it room to breathe and release it in 24b. Yes plox. I cannot listen long to AONO because of this, but the music is cool ( ;) )

IMD...24 bit? yeah plz.

Offline Profile