<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  BLADE RUNNER 2 (2017)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:06 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
this is some attempt to rape the legacy of the original one or what? not that I wouldn't love to see a Blade Runner sequel that would keep the quality of the original, 'cause that one's in my top 3 favourite movies (the other being Ghost In The Shell and 2001: A Space Odyssey), but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Ryan Gosling to Star In 'Blade Runner' Sequel
16 April 2015

Ryan Gosling is in negotiations to star in the 'Blade Runner' sequel alongside Harrison Ford, it was announced on Thursday.

'Prisoners' helmer Denis Villeneuve is directing the sci-fi thriller for Alcon Entertainment with Ridley Scott (director of the original 'Blade Runner') exec producing. Written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green, the 'Blade Runner' sequel will take place several decades after the 1982 original, which took place in a dystopian 2019 Los Angeles.

Ford will reprise his role as Rick Deckard in the film; it’s unknown whom Gosling will play.

The actor, who recently made his directorial debut on 'Lost River', will next be seen in 'The Nice Guys' with Russell Crowe.

He is in production starring alongside Christian Bale, Brad Pitt and Steve Carell in 'The Big Short'.

Villeneuve's next film, 'Sicario', was announced as an official Cannes Film Festival entry on Thursday. It stars Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/ryan ... 201474022/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
I have been waiting for the sequel for more than 25 years,since i first watched the first.
I really hope they dont fuck this up and Ford must have a leading full role not a cameo.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Possible official title:

Blade Runner: Android's Dream

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:33 am
Mackenzie Davis from 'The Martian' Joins 'Blade Runner' Sequel
7 June 2016

If there's one thing we can solidly say about the 'Blade Runner' sequel, it's that producer Ridley Scott and director Denis Villeneuve (Sicario) certainly aren't skimping when it comes to surrounding returning star Harrison Ford with good people. The latest addition to the cast is 'The Martian's Mackenzie Davis.

Of course, exactly how she'll fit in remains a mystery at this pint as the studio (in this case Warner Bros, though Sony will release the movie in the UK) has locked down the details. All we do know so far is that it's set decades after Scott's 1982 original – itself taking place in 2019 – and will see Ford back as Rick Deckard.

The cast roster so far also includes Ryan Gosling, Dave Bautista, Ana de Armas, Carla Juri and Robin Wright. Hampton Fancher and Michael Green are responsible for the script and Villeneuve will be kicking off shooting next month.

Davis, who also appeared in 'Freaks of Nature' last year, can more normally be seen on the excellent TV drama 'Halt and Catch Fire'.

http://www.empireonline.com/people/mack ... er-sequel/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:42 am
Jared Leto Joins 'Blade Runner' Sequel
18 August 2016

Jared Leto has rounded out cast of Alcon's 'Blade Runner' sequel. The pic stars Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling. Details of Leto's character are being kept under wraps.

Robin Wright and Mackenzie Davis also star in the film directed by 'Sicario' helmer Denis Villeneuve. Villeneuve will reunite with cinematographer Roger Deakins ('Skyfall') on the project.

Full plot details of the sequel, written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green, have not yet been revealed, other than the fact that it's set several decades after the original. The 1982 'Blade Runner' was written by Fancher and David Peoples, based on Philip K. Dick's novel 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.'

Ridley Scott, who directed the original, will executive produce. Thunderbird Films CEOs Frank Giustra and Tim Gamble will also executive produce along with Bill Carraro.

Leto, who is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, was most recently seen as the Joker in Warner Bros' 'Suicide Squad'.

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/jare ... 201840363/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 am
Director Denis Villeneuve on His Love of Sci-Fi and Taking on 'Blade Runner'
6 September 2016

Canadian director Denis Villeneuve is back on Venice's Lido after his film 'Incendies' premiered at the Venice Film Festival's Venice Days strand in 2010. The film went on to capture an Academy Award nomination and started Villeneuve's work on a series of acclaimed films from 'Enemy' to 'Prisoners' to last year’s 'Sicario'.

After exploring the darker side of humanity in the drama genre, Villeneuve is coming around to his one-true passion, sci-fi, with two back-to-back films. The first, 'Arrival', based on the short story “Story of Your Life,” world premiered in competition in Venice.

'Arrival' has been universally hailed in Venice, with critics praising it as the smart movie sci-fi audiences have been waiting for and awards buzz for the lead actors and director already taking shape. The Hollywood Reporter called the film “just what we need in the these fractured times — a smart parable about open-mindedness and unification.”

The second sci-fi project? The 'Blade Runner' sequel, currently shooting in Hungary. Villeneuve flew into Venice from the set for less than 24 hours to meet with press. The film is one of the most anticipated movies of 2017, and will star Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford in his original role of Rick Deckard.

What does it mean for your life to be 100 percent Blade Runner?

I wake up at six, I get to bed at midnight, it’s like seven days a week and you dream about it. Very often I wake up in the middle of the night, and I know I’m doomed, because I know I won’t go back to bed, because I’m too excited, there’s so much work. So I don’t sleep a lot. So that’s why if you ask me what I’m going to do after Blade Runner, I’m going to sleep.

With Blade Runner, will the visual language pay tribute to the original, or will it be something completely your own? Do you feel pressure to live up to the original?

First of all, it’s not possible to live up to the original. It’s Ridley Scott. It’s a masterpiece. It’s one of the best sci-fi films, one of the best films in the past 50 years.

For me, what terrorizes me right now is what I’m doing is taking Blade Runner and making it my own, and that is horrific. To realize that when I look at the dailies, it’s not Ridley Scott, it’s me, and that it’s different. It’s still the same universe, we are still in the same dream, but it’s mine, so it’s like I have no idea how you people will react, I don’t know. It has its own life.

How has it been working with Ryan Gosling?

I must say, the thing I can say is that Ryan Gosling is insanely good. I’m very impressed by that actor. It’s the first time I’ve worked with him and I never had someone that was as much a trooper, as dedicated, as precise and engaged. I feel that he is a real partner with me. I said to him, "You know, we are going to do it together and it’s like walking in a dark room with a lighter trying to find the way out. It’s a huge room and we are alone and it’s dark and it’s cold." And he said, "Yeah, I understand exactly." But we have a lot of fun.

It’s funny because very often we say that nobody realizes that a bunch of Canadians took over Blade Runner. We are, like, covert, nobody knows. I knew he was a great actor, I didn’t know how brilliant — he’s really an intelligent person, very clever, very provocative mind, he’s bringing a lot to the project right now, a lot, in a positive way. I’m very excited about it.

And what’s it like to work with Harrison Ford?

It’s a long shoot, and I started prep with him, but I didn’t start to shoot with him. But I will say that Harrison, to my great relief … you know Harrison Ford, he was one of my biggest heroes. I grew up with him, so to meet a man like that who is kind of a legend in your heart, that has that kind of humility, generosity, open-mindedness and simplicity, one of the nicest human beings I’ve met. I’m really looking forward to start working with him.

What are your top three science-fiction films?

'2001: A Space Odyssey', 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' and 'Blade Runner'… so you can see that I’m in deep shit!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/v ... uve-925854

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:46 pm
The Title of the Sequel Is 'Blade Runner 2049'
6 October 2016

Alcon Entertainment's 'Blade Runner' sequel is only a year away from release and Warner Bros has finally announced a proper title for the film: 'Blade Runner 2049'.

The original 1982 film 'Blade Runner' was set in the year 2019, so it looks like this sequel will take place exactly 30 years later, which makes sense as Ford had aged three decades in that time. Warner Bros has released the [above] set photo featuring director Denis Villeneuve, producer [and director of the 1982 original] Ridley Scott, and stars Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling on the set of 'Blade Runner 2049'. We can't determine much from this official set photo, but you will notice blasters on the table and the architecture of the room looks like the art deco-style that was used in the original film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-2049/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Blade Runner 2049 - Teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 am
Edward James Olmos Returns as Gaff in 'Blade Runner 2049'
14 March 2017

When 'Blade Runner 2049' hits later this year, Harrison Ford's Deckard won't be the only character returning from the 1982 original. Edward James Olmos has revealed that he will be back as veteran Blade Runner Gaff.

"I couldn’t talk about it. I couldn’t talk about it to anybody about it," he said to hosts Bel Hernandez and Naibe Reynoso of Thetrend Talk show. "Guess what? This is the first time that I’m telling the whole world, that yes, I am going to be Gaff in 'Blade Runner 2049'."

Don't expect the film to be all-Gaff, all the time, though. There will still be time for people such as Ford and new main character Officer K, played by Ryan Gosling. "Well, it’s not about Gaff, but it’s about someone who is going to try to find out certain things about us back then," says Olmos. "My role is like it was in the original – that time I only had four scenes, in this I only have one. But again, it’s a poignant little scene." We'll take one scene with EJO over no scenes.

http://www.empireonline.com/people/ryan ... nner-2049/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 am
The New 'Blade Runner 2049' Trailer May Be Attached to 'Alien: Covenant'
27 April 2017

In which Ridley Scott universes collide

The AP's got a new interview with Ridley Scott, and buried at the very bottom of the post is the following passage:

"And while Scott might not consider himself nostalgic, he is at least a little excited about one crossover moment: The second 'Blade Runner 2049' trailer is supposed to play in front of 'Alien: Covenant' showings, which, Scott says drolly, will be cool."

Oh, say word? Obviously, I didn't need another reason to check out 'Alien: Covenant', but this certainly doesn't hurt.

A few weeks ago, the new 'Blade Runner 2049' trailer screened in Las Vegas as part of Sony's CinemaCon presentation, and the response was through the roof. Amidst all the Con attendees furiously Tweeting their reactions to the trailer came word that the footage would soon be making its way online, but - as you may have noticed - no such thing occurred. We're guessing this is the same trailer that screened at CinemaCon, but who knows?

Here's hoping that all goes according to plan and we get a look at the new footage when 'Alien: Covenant' lands in theaters on May 19th. Until then, I guess we can just rewatch the 'Blade Runner 2049' teaser trailer a few dozen more times.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/04/27/ ... n-covenant

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:28 pm
New 'Blade Runner 2049' Posters: Ford and Gosling Are Night and Day
4 May 2017

Two new posters for Denis Villeneueve's sequel to the Ridley Scott sci-fi classic 'Blade Runner' were released today, one featuring franchise newcomer Ryan Gosling, who plays a hotshot blade runner Officer K, and Harrison Ford, who returns as former blade runner Rick Deckard.

http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-2049-posters/

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:25 am
New 'Blade Runner 2049' Teaser Contains 10 Seconds Of New Footage
5 May 2017

We'll take it!

Normally we don't bother with these teaser-for-a-trailer things. But this is 'Blade Runner 2049' we're talking about.

The Trailer Teaser (Video)

So, first of all: I guess "See The Official Trailer In 3 Days" settles it - that mysterious livestream event happening on Monday will almost certainly be accompanied by the new 'Blade Runner 2049' trailer. Last we heard, that clip was going to debut in front of 'Alien: Covenant' on the 19th, but I guess they're not willing to wait that long. That's the sort of impatience we can get behind.

As for the footage itself: there's only about 10 seconds worth of new footage here, but we're into every last frame of it. The big-ass buildings, Gosling's glower, that weird-ass nightclub, Gosling going HAM on some chumps inside... well, we're not sure what that is, but it appears to be in the same general location where Gosling's K encounters Harrison Ford's Rick Deckard (that's Vegas, by the way).

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/05/05/ ... ew-footage

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:39 pm
Get Your Brain Melted by the New 'Blade Runner 2049' Trailer
8 May 2017

Hey, look, Denis Villeneuve made another jaw-droppingly gorgeous movie

Following this morning's Facebook livestream, Warner Bros. has released the new trailer for Denis Villeneuve's ''Blade Runner 2049''. You should not be shocked to learn that it is jaw-droppingly beautiful and more than a little mysterious. Let's take a look.

The New Trailer (Video)

So, first thing's first: if nothing else, 'Blade Runner 2049' looks absolutely gorgeous. Given that Villeneuve's directing and everything's shot by the legendary Roger Deakins, I suppose that shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, but still. "Visually arresting" doesn't quite cover it.

Of course getting the look right is a huge step in the right direction, but I think we can all agree that any 'Blade Runner' sequel needs more than gorgeous visuals to justify its existence. With that in mind, let's see what the official plot synopsis has to say for itself:

"Officer K (Ryan Gosling), a new blade runner for the Los Angeles Police Department, unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. His discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former blade runner who's been missing for 30 years."

We've said it before and we'll say it again: they're playing their cards very close to the vest on 'Blade Runner 2049', and anyone wishing to walk into Villeneuve's film blind would probably do well to avoid any and all trailers going forward. They've kept this movie's secrets thus far, but there's no telling how long that'll last (hopefully up until 'Blade Runner 2049''s October 6th release date).

Anyway, we've gone from being very skeptical about 'Blade Runner 2049' to being very hyped about 'Blade Runner 2049'.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/05/08/ ... 49-trailer