<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
untitled6 wrote:
Quote:
- And in which most unusual place did you have to perform?
"In prison in England."

when was this?

I was trying to recall this. Maybe was something for Sean Nammock (Same Old Sean)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Do any of you know something about these new tunes he's talking about?
Have they been playing anything totally fresh at their latest gigs?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:50 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
new tunes?
:?:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Kingdom wrote:
new tunes?
:?:

good new tunes?*

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
RICHARD RUSSELL’S XL RECORDINGS EMPIRE
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/ ... ngs-empire

The Prodigy get a mention later in the article.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:13 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
New interview on the official channel

https://youtu.be/_HtbisZMhAs

5-6 tracks written

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:32 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
sooo did he drop the ep idea and is going for an album now after all? :dunno:

edit: watched the interview... "messing with 6 ideas" does not equal 6 tracks written

nothing concrete, they arent even ready for live play, probably just a bunch of demos

move on.

Last edited by toX on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

5-6 tracks written

I smell..... bullshit....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:17 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 141Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:08 am
Guest01 wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

5-6 tracks written

smells until here...

really, at first he counts up and than down...what a lazy guy...bla bla

just should upload some things for download, like aphex twin and the people would be happy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:24 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
toX wrote:
sooo did he drop the ep idea and is going for an album now after all? :dunno:

edit: watched the interview... "messing with 6 ideas" does not equal 6 tracks written

nothing concrete, they arent even ready for live play, probably just a bunch of demos

move on.
nasty.rebel wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

5-6 tracks written

smells until here...

really, at first he counts up and than down...what a lazy guy...bla bla

just should upload some things for download, like aphex twin and the people would be happy

Frig” it rather make AONO expanded or Upload some songs which never hit the editing floor/live only tracks

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
he has 5-6 ideas going, nothing weird about that. he also said 4-5 of those are good. so he maybe finishes 3 or 4 and if we'll lucky he plays or puts 1-2 of these on ep/lp .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:14 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
another crap interview. same talk about Russia (he done a interview like 6 months ago dont see the point of asking similar stuff about Russia). About the new track, vague as always. About the Serial Thrilla interview, dont see the need to remix it, just played different tracks once in a while (RWTW, GYFO and IMD could be dropped in favour of playng other tracks once in a while). its not about making major setlist changes, once one or two tracks. They hanvet played Serial Thrilla since 99, Fuel My Fire since 2002 and so on... once in a while. The setlist is predictable as fuck. Understand that dropping anthems is hard, but the three tracks i mentioned before are boring as fuck.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:38 pm
the-prodigy-fat-of-the-land-anniversary-review

http://thequietus.com/articles/22716-th ... ary-review

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I wouldn't be that unhappy if they would play Serial Thrilla. On the contrary I would love it. I like that they are taking again some stuff from TFOTL. I would love if they would bring Funky Shit back, after so much time.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:44 pm
http://www.elperiodico.com//es/noticias ... tt-6154071

Quote:
google translate

The rave'n'roll band performs in the Cruïlla (Saturday, 02.00 h.) Only a few days after the 20th anniversary of the release of the legendary 'The Fat of the Land'. Liam Howlett (keyboardist and producer) answers our questions.

It's been more than two years since the release of 'The day is my enemy'. Do they prepare something long, medium, short?

This year there will be new music. Boring albums makes me bored right now. It takes too long and we do not want to wait, nor our fans. The idea is to launch issues as we make them. It will be since the end of this year.

How would you describe the sound to which they are addressed?
'Rave' evil.

What kind of genres, producers, labels are you in right now?
I'm only really interested in what helps me to compose my music. I'm very selfish. I do not give a shit what the others do.

The punk power of The Prodigy is not so easy to find at major electronic festivals. Do they look a bit like 'outsiders'?

We have always been. We were outsiders in techno because what we did was not 'pure'. We do not want to fit into a specific genre. It's just us. An escapist band. That's what our music is about.

They like to point out that they are a band and they look for the way to make organic concerts. The Prodigy is an electronic band that throws the house down and that's what there is.

His image on stage is famously extravagant, but his fans are looking for ways to beat them. We love that. It happens since we started in 1991. We attract lunatics with a desire for action and that just makes our concerts better.

In his four-hour DJ set at Sónar 2017, Björk punched 'Smack my bitch up' with Enya's 'Orinoco flow'. Oh, how clever, is not it? It's probably taken off YouTube, though I've never heard of it. People can do whatever they want with our themes: mix them up, make their own versions ... I like those stories. Sonic recycling.

He's a fan of horror movies. When will you compose some music?
I'm a fan of those films, but there are not many good ones either. All were made in the 70's. At some point I will make a soundtrack of terror or 'thriller'. In fact, I have half engraved. I'm just waiting for the right movie to arrive.