<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy sign new worldwide deal with BMG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:03 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
This is the shit. That's at least two more years of touring.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

This is huge but what does it exactly mean?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
BMG is a much bigger label than Cooking Vinyl. Better exposure and advertising for the new album etc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:46 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
BMG is a much bigger label than Cooking Vinyl. Better exposure and advertising for the new album etc

Dont care about better exposure and advertising. Just hope for good, not forgettable music this time with well designed cover / package (yeah that matters also)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 pm
Benefits of being with a major label :

Record Labels: Major vs. Indie

November 16, 2012 | By: David Michael

Intro:
What’s the difference between the two? Which is better for you?
To better understand the difference, we’ll look at a brief definition and consider some pros and cons to each one.

-Major Label-

You might have the impression that there are many Major Labels to choose from, but the truth is that there are only 4 Major Labels: Sony-BMG, Universal Music Group, EMI, and Warner Music Group. All those other so-called “major labels” are actually sub-labels under one of the 4 Major labels. For example: Columbia, Arista, Epic, Provident, RCA, are all Subsidiary labels under Sony-BMG. It’s like one big money-making musical family-tree, all beginning with the 4 major labels and branching out from there.

So, now that we have that cleared, lets examine the ‘pros and cons’ of signing onto a Major label.

PROS: Major Label

Show Me Da-Money!:
At the end of the day, the biggest Pro of a Major label is their budget. It’s their large budget that supplies almost every pro that a Major Label can offer. Such as (but not limited to):

-High Quality Recordings (Quality studios with real knobs and buttons. Don’t touch that!)
-Production (Engineers that will cover your mistakes with professional auto-tune. Yay!)
-Major Distribution (Now friends can buy your CD at Wal-Mart AND Target.. Sha-weet!)
-Music Videos (Remember when MTV had music videos? … Anyone?… Hello?…)
-Pro-Photography (They can make that gap between your teeth go away… So Smile!)
-Pro-Advertising (TV Commercial: “Coming this December…Your Album!” Cool!)
-Tours (The days of touring your friends garages are over… for now)
-Merchandise (Sick Swag!…and TONS of it!)
And so on….

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:10 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
can't stress enough how f'n huge this is.
BMG is a powerhouse. expect quality vids plus ace production values for the new album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:20 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 411Location: BelgiumJoined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm
I can't believe my eyes when i read 'early 2018' this is crazy news, very happy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:59 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 604Location: WI, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:13 pm
great news! with all that studio activity you know it was coming....very happy to see the future is ripe!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
The Cooking Vinyl deal was for 2 albums, so this makes sense now!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 am
GruntGruntPosts: 32Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:56 am
i like the fact we were only promised a ep

a single before the end of year and album early next year

this is a nice surprise

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:57 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Dont care about better exposure and advertising. Just hope for good, not forgettable music this time with well designed cover / package (yeah that matters also)

It also means much bigger budget for music videos and merchandise which are a couple of things you always complain about since you are always complaining ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
It also means much bigger budget for music videos and merchandise

Hope so because The Day Is My Enemy era was forgettable for me - very mediocre album, bad singles choice, shitty videos, very bad merch, same gigs setlist and terrible graphic desing of covers and other materials. Someone likes it, someone not.

I wonder if we will ever see a music video on a same level as for example Breathe or Baby's Got A Temper. They need to hire good designer as Alex Jenkins because this is also important thing, maybe not for everyone but im a graphic designer to things like that are important for me. And the main, most important thing? MUSIC. Dont get me wrong or a king of a hater but this album is bad for me. I like Destroy, Beyond The Deathray and Wall Of Death but even this fav track are forgettable. The production is also bad for me - flat, without depth, without soul. Almost three years after I still cant understand and handle how the man behind Their Law, Poison, Rhythm Of Life, Break & Enter, Breathe, Diesel Power, Smack, Firestarter etc. etc. created shit like Rhythm Bomb, Invisible Sun, Wild Fontier and Get Your Fight On.

Electronic_Punk® wrote:
you are always complaining ;)

Thats the badge of demanding people ;)

Last edited by Nightmare on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:28 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Hope so because The Day Is My Enemy era was forgettable for me - very mediocre album, bad singles choice, shitty videos, very bad merch, same gigs setlist and terrible graphic desing of covers and other materials. Someone likes it, someone not.

Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Wild Frontier and Nasty videos were very cool IMO. Each to his own I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:32 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Wild Frontier and Nasty videos were very cool IMO. Each to his own I guess.

Did some edit of my previous post but nevermind. Yeah as I said someone likes it someone not. I even dont remember these videos - as through the fog.

Offline Profile