<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:57 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Harbinger wrote:
http://www.elperiodico.com//es/noticias/ocio-y-cultura/the-prodigy-cruilla-barcelona-entrevista-liam-howlett-6154071

Quote:
google translate

The rave'n'roll band performs in the Cruïlla (Saturday, 02.00 h.) Only a few days after the 20th anniversary of the release of the legendary 'The Fat of the Land'. Liam Howlett (keyboardist and producer) answers our questions.

It's been more than two years since the release of 'The day is my enemy'. Do they prepare something long, medium, short?

This year there will be new music. Boring albums makes me bored right now. It takes too long and we do not want to wait, nor our fans. The idea is to launch issues as we make them. It will be since the end of this year.

How would you describe the sound to which they are addressed?
'Rave' evil.

What kind of genres, producers, labels are you in right now?
I'm only really interested in what helps me to compose my music. I'm very selfish. I do not give a shit what the others do.

The punk power of The Prodigy is not so easy to find at major electronic festivals. Do they look a bit like 'outsiders'?

We have always been. We were outsiders in techno because what we did was not 'pure'. We do not want to fit into a specific genre. It's just us. An escapist band. That's what our music is about.

They like to point out that they are a band and they look for the way to make organic concerts. The Prodigy is an electronic band that throws the house down and that's what there is.

His image on stage is famously extravagant, but his fans are looking for ways to beat them. We love that. It happens since we started in 1991. We attract lunatics with a desire for action and that just makes our concerts better.

In his four-hour DJ set at Sónar 2017, Björk punched 'Smack my bitch up' with Enya's 'Orinoco flow'. Oh, how clever, is not it? It's probably taken off YouTube, though I've never heard of it. People can do whatever they want with our themes: mix them up, make their own versions ... I like those stories. Sonic recycling.

He's a fan of horror movies. When will you compose some music?
I'm a fan of those films, but there are not many good ones either. All were made in the 70's. At some point I will make a soundtrack of terror or 'thriller'. In fact, I have half engraved. I'm just waiting for the right movie to arrive.

Hope is not lost :bringit:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:26 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
I'm glad new music is on the horizon, I can't believe it's been over 2 years since TDIME! I'm sad that the no album thing is sticking though, I'd hoped once a couple of years had passed things might be more album orientated than EP orientated, but anything is better than nothing.

My main worry is that they won't release EP's on CD anymore. Some of my favourite artists have gone down the EP route with no CD release. Massive Attack have released a couple of EP's last year and neither saw a CD release. Nine Inch Nails released an EP last year which didn't have a CD release and it looks the same way for their new EP too.

Call me old fashioned but I like a release on CD, I like an album ideally, but I will happily accept an EP if it's released on CD and in a proper case (not some piece of thin cardboard like you would get in a newspaper). I bought the new David Bowie No Plan EP which was released on CD in a proper box. I was pleased with that, but I didn't buy either Massive Attack EP because I'm not paying £20.00 for a vinyl which should be released on CD for a fiver, and I didn't buy the Nine Inch Nails EP because again no CD. If David Bowie's EP could be released on CD in a proper box why couldn't theirs be?

I bought both Massive Attacks and Nine Inch Nails last albums Heligoland and Hesitation Marks on CD, so I supported their album CD releases, but now they've released new music and a big fan like me didn't buy it because they didn't release it on CD. I hope Prodigy doesn't go the same way or they might lose a sale...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:41 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
delete if repost

Leeroy talks ....mostly ....about The Prodigy, why he left, about today's tunes etc. Nice Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTDOu1aDRw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:
delete if repost

Leeroy talks ....mostly ....about The Prodigy, why he left, about today's tunes etc. Nice Interview

All about The Prodigy is sad and true actually and I agree with him. Anyway... very good interview, thanks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:39 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 411Location: BelgiumJoined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm
i agree this is an awesome interview

i usually dont care much for it but then i saw 30 minutes long... and i havent had any prodigy info for too long lets do this

i like his honesty

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:14 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
17:53 ' I spoke with Liam last week and he told me that the new stuff sounds like 1991 and he's got the 303 out again and it's all acid'.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
ExCiZieR wrote:
delete if repost

Damn he looks quite old.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
17:53 ' I spoke with Liam last week and he told me that the new stuff sounds like 1991 and he's got the 303 out again and it's all acid'.

Yes! I like the sound of this :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:06 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Leeroy seems like the nicest person who have been in The Prodigy, along with Keith. Really down to earth. Leeroy's interview is better than the ones The Prodigy gives. He is also honest, which is nice!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Not an interview rather in a nutshell

https://djmag.com/content/10-moments-defined-prodigy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:38 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 141Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:08 am
ExCiZieR wrote:
delete if repost

cool interview but bullshit reporter

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:22 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
I like Leeroy :)
good man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
ExCiZieR wrote:

Just got around to watching this, great interview, thanks :bigthumb:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:29 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:
delete if repost

Leeroy is great because he's both humble and honest. I'm sure it was a hard decision for him to leave the band, and later refusing to come back when Liam tried to pull him in with those appearances in the Brixton shows. It requires a real hard look inside to give up a membership in a band like The Prodigy.

And his criticism of Liam's current music is well-balanced - on the one hand he prefers the old (happier sounding) tracks, but he also basically says that he'll take Liams scraps any day of the week.

We could use some balanced criticism like that in these forums :)

Offline Profile