<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Yeah, it was Rob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:10 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 4Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm
so, they are still looking for guitarist. am i right?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:34 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 61Location: FranceJoined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm
Resonate seems to be a steamroller. It had been a very long time since I had been so excited about a Howlett track. Fingers crossed, Prodigy People.

Last edited by Crystal Fist on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm

:evilflame: :evilflame: :evilflame: :Firestarter: :Firestarter: :Firestarter: :guns: :guns: :guns:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:39 am
Too basic. I hope for a better structure on the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9790w6xqgM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
I think that we really cannot hear weather its layered or not by just listening to the video from the phone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
From what can be heard: A typical Howlett-track, but one of the uninspired ones. That sqruechy guitar can get pretty annyoing. Liking the atmospheric bit at the end though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:42 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Crystal Fist wrote:
Too basic. I hope for a better structure on the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9790w6xqgM

As i also wrote on youtube. I gotta admit, I thought it sounded good in the beginning. The problem with it, that I think it builds up to something big, and at 2:01, it would have been amazing to have some explosive beats (something like No Good or Hyperspeed). It gets repeatable very fast. I love the synths though, but I am not a fan of the dubstep beats.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:23 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
My thoughts on the track:

beats are dope, i think i can hear some cool sounds in the background, reggae vocals, possibly brother culture as EP said. I think Maxim is only in the live version. Also that synth part can evolve. It is definite that that what we heard is not full track, its barely 2 minutes long so Liam is only testing it. Many of the tracks we heard live before evolved in something different on album, sometimes it was a good sometimes a bad change.

I hope that Liam is gonna test a few more tracks on this tour, possibly tonight. In large it have potential and I hope it evolves.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Already makes IMD sound like a Gaga album.
Fuck im excited! Reminds me of the good old badass days.When it meant something to listen to the band.
MP3->Drop me in the middle of a Sepultura gig and open the news.

Nightmare...incoming!!!

Last edited by SPECIAL FORCES on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:30 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
back from munich, awesome gig. sound was ok, too much bass for my taste.
some tracks sounded muddy.
"resonate" is a beast, didn't hear the dubstep structure at all, it was all fast and shit. i thought the track had a "no good/hyperspeed"-vibe when the beat kicked in. recognized vocals samples and acid sounds. i was in the second row, place went absolutely bonkers.

here's the downside: the track was sooo short and didn't sound finished at all. unless liam has some aces up his sleeve and "resonate" was just the tip of the iceberg, I HIGHLY doubt the new album will come out early 2018..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Kingdom wrote:
"resonate" is a beast, didn't hear the dubstep structure at all, it was all fast and shit. i thought the track had a "no good/hyperspeed"-vibe when the beat kicked in. recognized vocals samples and acid sounds. i was in the second row, place went absolutely bonkers.

here's the downside: the track was sooo short and didn't sound finished at all. unless liam has some aces up his sleeve and "resonate" was just the tip of the iceberg, I HIGHLY doubt the new album will come out early 2018..

It is always a problem when Liam & Co. performs hall concerts. The bass ruins everything in the room. The sound is usually better at the outside festivals, but not always. Their sound guy should get a grip, because fans have been complainting about the live sound for a decade now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Kingdom wrote:
i was in the second row, place went absolutely bonkers.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Trawizz wrote:
Kingdom wrote:

It is always a problem when Liam & Co. performs hall concerts. The bass ruins everything in the room. The sound is usually better at the outside festivals, but not always. Their sound guy should get a grip, because fans have been complainting about the live sound for a decade now.

They actually have sort of a legendary FOH mixer on tour. Guy knows what he's doing. The problem is of accoustical nature. Prodigy mixes (and those of many others) these days are dense, packed and mostly very undynamic, which, in combination with the REALLY muddy mixes of IMD and TDIME, makes for a boomy sound that feels undefined. It does indeed get better outsides, but most Prodigy tracks just don't sound precise live. It's more of a wall of bass, which, to some, rightly so, has an appeal of it's own.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:38 pm
@Trawizz: I have the same impression, a track of 01:30 that loop to do 03:00. The synths are crazy, but I'm afraid of getting tired quickly because of a lazy structure, like on several TDIME tracks. But if it's a test, ok, we'll see. About the production, I will judge when I will have the record in my ears.