<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
I agree, it sounds promising, much more than the Jetfigher era in my opinion. Here's to hoping he won't scrap those.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:50 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
I've played it 38 times on my tv as we speak. It's so fresh :Firestarter: :Firestarter: :Firestarter:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:42 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
It's like Molotov Bitch 2017, which is nice. I like the bounce of it. Strong candidate for some guest rap lyrics.

sado1 wrote:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmirni
Probable vocal sample source, right at start.

That is correct. I don't say it's not a fitting sample, but it surely lacks imagination because Liam has done some impressive sampling through the years.

This track has been sampled over 270 times according to Whosampled.com so that's probably like the first thing that pops up if you google "what songs to sample" lol.

The "Wooop" at 0:50 is like the most overused sample in modern day EDM and rap music.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Ekko wrote:
Liam doesn't seem to be interested in any deeper musical writing anymore

EXACTLY.

Electronic_Punk® wrote:
I've played it 38 times on my tv as we speak. It's so fresh :Firestarter: :Firestarter: :Firestarter:

What is fresh about that "track"?

Im not excited and satisfied (too early for this) but for sure this is way better than this shit called Resonate. Its on the same phase as Jetfighter, New Beats (2013) etc. This thing will evolve into something like Beat 55 etc. I like it but nothing groundbreaking and jawdropping, just an good, ok demo to start with. Anyway I doubt they will release single this year and new album in the first quarter of next year but who knows... We will find out in a few days.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:21 am
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
I'm loving the fact Master L is only dropping a minute or two of each track - they sound promising, not epic or groundbreaking but promising indeed and I can't wait for the full shebang

Who do we think the female vocal is?*
I'm going for Alison from The Kills

Who the feck is Maxims PT!!?! The fecker is 50 and bouncing about like he's 20 years younger!!!

* Edit: I didn't notice the above sample ID. :bow:

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Ekko wrote:
That new thing sounds really annoying, sort of on an Omen-level, lead wise.
Liam doesn't seem to be interested in any deeper musical writing anymore, shit's totally WYS(/H)IWYG and flat.
Even Resonate was better than that screechy thing.

"new beats" indeed sounds bit blunt melody wise..

let's still wait for studio versions of new tracks. with studio version you can hear all the layers better and it has it's impact. people tend to work their opinions out entirely based on these shitty live versions.

i didn't like "new beat" also at first but i can imagine it works live. there it's much about rhythm, beats, bass

one thing can be noticeable. new tracks do sound like jams out of the studio. but well. that's how he is writing now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
new beats are promising

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Naughty song...I like it! Molotov Bitch meets the Bunny Ranch. :angel:

Last edited by SPECIAL FORCES on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Nice sounds ! Glad Liam is back on sampling, TDIME was lacking this element

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=agUnmOozPtY&feature=youtu.be

New track played today fucking love it!!!!

It's nice to hear something where the melody is distinguishable from the beat. It works well live.
On the other hand, Resonate isn't as great live (except maybe for the short melodic part.) All the rest sounds like a mangled cacophony of beats.

Maybe Resonate will be a good album track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
gnobal wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=agUnmOozPtY&feature=youtu.be

New track played today fucking love it!!!!

It's nice to hear something where the melody is distinguishable from the beat. It works well live.
On the other hand, Resonate isn't as great live (except maybe for the short melodic part.) All the rest sounds like a mangled cacophony of beats.

Maybe Resonate will be a good album track.

You are probably right. Just like World's on fire or Rock-Weiller, those were the first track's tested live and ended up just as good album track's, not singles.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
This funky one is very interesting.
I know; it's on its early stages but it sounds like a very "flexible/adaptive" tune.

The thing that i don't like, is the use of this vocal sample....it's fucking horrific.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
Darkwave wrote:
The thing that i don't like, is the use of this vocal sample....it's fucking horrific.

lol, there are guys out there who are melting with joy cause that vocal sample.

funny how different tastes can one prodigy fans have

i'm digging resonate more and more. "new beats" needs extra gear or transition somwhere. it's bit too leveled right now. i imagine it works like poison. best in live, with lots of low end.

tho i must say i'm most extitied about that short fill played before TDIME, in munich. it has cool 90s vibe, reminds me intro of Faithless Insomnia :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Resonate sounds nice...

New Beasts sounds like 5-10% finished...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
ELECTRONIC PUNK....i dont feel very well. Since Sept.19 everything changed.
I knew from the start that it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard...we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because its worth the efford.

But im just a man.At least the day and sometimes i feel like this ''journey'' never ends.
Its a torture that wants to devour my soul and sexy body...and the worst part is that a part of me....wants it.
I feel like a beautiful tall wall of death that loses a brick each day...

Mostly i feel sad and hopeles.Other times im very angry for no reason.A week ago i was staring at one of my toenails for
over an hour.It kept on looking back without a sweat..FOR OVER AN HOUR! the fucking cunt.Cut half of my toe to take its image out of my mind.
Last 20 minutes i swear i started to hear that sqruechy guitar loop from Resonate.After i cut it the guitar stopped and the laughter from claustrophobic sting started.

Cant sleep well too...haventvsleptvforvdays.Woke up yesterday to drive for work.Was an unusual rainy cold day.
Half hour later i realized that i was sitting on my bathtub.When i parked and pulled the handbrake i opened the showerhead.

I hear voices too...there is a voice keep whispering to me: "This is not going to go the way that you think!".
Lately i hear a male voice from the next apartment with the many visitors sayin : ''THIS IS THE NEW SHIT!''.

I do not know what to do.My body and soul is not ready.Its too early for a new album.Im breaking.
Im scared.I cant help it.Its been less than 3 years since TDIME.Its all new to me.
Im really scared but at least i know that:

Scary with you is better than scary without YOU.