<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Russian tour 2018

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:38 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
Everything with the new album seems to be lining up with what happened with TDIME.

Regarding the production of TDIME, hints at Liam beginning to work on new tunes I believe started in 2010. After IMD (released in 2009), new tunes were played beginning in December of 2011. New tunes played in this era were AWOL, Dogbite, Jetfighter, and Spitfast. The 2012 Brixton video had Liam saying next year people would start hearing tracks that would actually be on the album. So it must of been in late 2012 that Liam decided to take the album in a different direction. Out of all the new tunes played, Rok-Weiler was the only track to be played in its finished state before the album was released. Everything else was highly incomplete or turned into something sounding completely different.

Now fast forward to the upcoming album. Hints at Liam beginning to work on new tunes I believe started in 2016. After TDIME (released in 2015), new tunes were played beginning in December of 2017. Three have already been played (Resonate, Need Some 1, Boom Tap). Just like AWOL, Need Some 1 has been revised once except this time the revision has been kept. In the Jetfighter era, no other revisions would come to AWOL, Dogbite, Spitfast, or Jetfighter before the album. So far Resonate and Need Some 1 haven't been revised since last year and Boom Tap was only played once. With no new news regarding the upcoming album and Liam saying he doesn't make any promises, I'm thinking he's once again decided to take the album in a different direction. And just like Jefighter and AWOL would continue to be played live before TDIME even though they wouldn't make it on the album, I'm thinking the same is going to be true with Resonate and Need Some 1.

The problem is Liam's a perfectionist and/or indecisive. The band still has the power to crank out albums produced in only a couple years. Just look at the evolution Rok-Weiler went through in a year's time (June 2013 - June 2014). Liam just can't figure out what he wants.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
The natty new intro to SMBU - repeated during the track itself- is the most interesting thing for me here. I say new as it’s the first time I noticed it, might have been used before.

https://youtu.be/aYecm3Mnwyw

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
baxterbasics wrote:
The natty new intro to SMBU - repeated during the track itself- is the most interesting thing for me here. I say new as it’s the first time I noticed it, might have been used before.

https://youtu.be/aYecm3Mnwyw

Agree! Sounds very nice...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:27 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Same setlist tonight in Kazan.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:10 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 134Location: polandJoined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:35 pm
the most boring period in prodigy history. i dont care about new material and stuuf, but wheare is the problem to drop diffrent tracks? or play live tracks like gabba . stupid . they go to Russia only for the money. feel realy sory for russian fans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Anyone worried about our boys being in Russia at the moment? :-|

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:22 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
Antz wrote:

...and the reason to be worried for would be... ?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:37 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
kenjah wrote:
Antz wrote:

They spend a lot of time in Russia, clearly they are spying for the UK government.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Antz wrote:
kenjah wrote:
Antz wrote:

They spend a lot of time in Russia, clearly they are spying for the UK government.

There's no secret that Russian government is riddled with Theft, Corruption, Even Murder. But the boys always separated themself from politics and are touring Russia just for fans.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:35 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
Such an insult that even MOSCOW gets the same set. So embarrassing. It's like why even put a venue location and date on it? Thankfully one good change they've made based on video footage of these Russian gigs is they've removed the Out of Space teaser at the end. With that and gun reprise being removed last year, are they slowly trying to make room for more tracks? They already removed Poison again and based on previous years they're already at their peak setlist length for festivals. Hmmm....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Moscow 2 tonight had Poison in it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Pathetic.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Not the setlist we wanted per se, still pretty happy to have got the Russian Prodigy experience. Those guys are f**!)! insane. Can't wait to get back to Russia in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:39 am
We have to accept the reality that nothing will change until the album is out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:17 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I think there's too much moaning over here... They always behave like this. The only thing you can complain is that they should come back to the old way, as they did with The Fat Of The Land. By that time they used to play like five tracks of the full album (which are 10). By Invaders they used to play not more than 2, maximum 3. That would be a "good complain", otherwise just wait.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW