<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:59 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
"release deadlines are the enemy of creativity"

I'm sure they are. There was no release deadline for Liam. He mentioned the album and singles were pretty much done then nothing. The original announcement was a nice surprise that new music was due. The months come and go and were left wondering what happened.

I'm guessing Martin James' book/s have been delayed as there apparently isn't much money in book publishing (when it isn't a number 1 best seller). Martin was trying to go down the limited numbers, nice paper, hardback route but I don't think he got the pre-orders he needed.

Personally I'd prefer it to just be a cheap paperback (or an e-book if the cost of paperback production isn't worthwhile). I'm not a fan of "Limited Edition" releases. I'm sure Martin has spent a lot of time on the book/s, seems a shame to never publish them. e-book sales would be better than never selling it surely?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
A third of 2018 is over. Doing the maths we can add 3 months to any concrete announcement and we can take away 1 month (December) from the potential release months due to Christmas.

May 1st + 3 months = August 1st.

That leaves 5 months from August to end of 2018, minus 1 month (December).

We're left with a 4 month potential release window (August - November).

Every day from now without concrete information eats away from that 4 month potential release window.

The latest we can hope to hear about a realistic release this year will be 31st August. After that the hope for 2018 release will be very slim (We'd have to be told less than 3 months before release).

Here's hoping we hear something before the end of August, because if we don't you know what that will probably mean...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:35 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
@Harbinger

Final stages apparently.
Btw, love your signature LOL

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Final stages apparently.

Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Btw, love your signature LOL

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:12 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
that "don't know why ... who cares" part is wack.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 am
Trying to work out if The Prodigy tag in Engine Earz twitter bio is just Prash being a fan of or is there something else to this after all... :?: :?:

Not this shit again :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 am
Harbinger wrote:
Trying to work out if The Prodigy tag in Engine Earz twitter bio is just Prash being a fan of or is there something else to this after all... :?: :?:

Not this shit again :roll: :lol:

Nice find.

The only thing we know is that Shahin Badar recorded something prodigy related in their studio.

He did mention that he's mixing/mastering a special album back in January and that's when we all went crazy with the speculation.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:31 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
Prodigy have never released album in winter or autumn so 2019 is more possible.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:33 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
neomatrix wrote:
Prodigy have never released album in winter or autumn so 2019 is more possible.

I 'll second that. With such radio silence and L still in the studio (maybe scraped some things?) for me it will be a huge surprise to be released in 2018.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:58 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Liam is often in the studio if his Instagram is anything to go by. He's there when nothing is imminent, he's there when back off tour, he's there when he has just released an album.

I'm sure the album will be out this year (don't let me down Liam). I don't think the 3 months lead time applies these days. How do you need 3 months to promote and prep and album once it is finished? Producing Vinyl is possibly the only real hold up and now Record Store Day has passed the wait to produce vinyl is probably a lot shorter. Promotion is nearly all via the internet now anyway.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:26 pm
It was eleven weeks from when Nasty was first played (and the supposed album announcement) until TDIME release date.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Vinyl record pressing is anywhere from 2-4 months turnaround time. It's closer to like 4-6 months leading up to Record Store Day when plants are overrun with orders. I wonder if that was taken into consideration and a reason why they may have wanted to release the album in the second half of 2018. CD pressing isn't as bad and can be done in 2-4 weeks.

The 3 month prep time is very much still a thing. Sometimes it can be 6 months.

Richard D James expressed his disappointment during the release of Syro. He had wanted to release a bunch of music over a very short amount of time. He wanted them only months and even just weeks apart. Sadly, the label told him that they needed the 3-6 month time between releases for prep and promotion and just couldn't do it the way he wanted. He did end up putting out a bunch of releases normally over the span of 3 years, but then he also went ahead and leaked a couple of hundred tracks through Soundcloud, a few very limited vinyl and cassette releases, and created a Bleepstore to reissue his previous work digitally that included additional unreleased material as well as newer work and soon it will included Rephlex releases. Over the last few years, he has released A LOT of music, but a lot of it was released on his own when he felt the whole label release schedule prep was too constricting. It's honestly pretty amazing the amount of material he put out in this short time.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Vinyl record pressing is anywhere from 2-4 months turnaround time. It's closer to like 4-6 months leading up to Record Store Day when plants are overrun with orders. I wonder if that was taken into consideration and a reason why they may have wanted to release the album in the second half of 2018. CD pressing isn't as bad and can be done in 2-4 weeks.

The 3 month prep time is very much still a thing. Sometimes it can be 6 months.

Richard D James expressed his disappointment during the release of Syro. He had wanted to release a bunch of music over a very short amount of time. He wanted them only months and even just weeks apart. Sadly, the label told him that they needed the 3-6 month time between releases for prep and promotion and just couldn't do it the way he wanted. He did end up putting out a bunch of releases normally over the span of 3 years, but then he also went ahead and leaked a couple of hundred tracks through Soundcloud, a few very limited vinyl and cassette releases, and created a Bleepstore to reissue his previous work digitally that included additional unreleased material as well as newer work and soon it will included Rephlex releases. Over the last few years, he has released A LOT of music, but a lot of it was released on his own when he felt the whole label release schedule prep was too constricting. It's honestly pretty amazing the amount of material he put out in this short time.

if only Liam had that problem... too many tracks to put out and not enough time and possibilities.

time period right now is really scary. no idea if album drops in three months or in 2 two years. no idea.
if they don't get it down and hand it over for mastering before excessive summer touring, it won't be out before next spring, i bet.
and i have hard time figuring out how does he finalize it without Neil McLellan. and no sight of him whatsoever.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Can people just accept it'll be out when its ready ?
Yeah i get liam said what he did but surely people have got used
To it never happening when he says it will.
Stop stressing people.

Offline Profile