<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:46 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
They finish touring in August, so, logically speaking, it could come out in Q4 of 2018.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:27 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I imagine a lot of those tour dates were booked with the idea that they'd be on the back of the new album. I don't see why the album can't be released while they are in the middle of their tour dates. Most of the dates are festivals aren't they?

The album will come out when it comes out. I just wish Liam had never mentioned it until it was literally all done.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
James Jupiter wrote:
Most of the dates are festivals aren't they?

second and third league festivals.

he shit talks too much. we wont get anything this year. 2019

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:35 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
UN wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
Most of the dates are festivals aren't they?

second and third league festivals.

The festivals thing is interesting. At some point The Prodigy won't be the headliners in festivals. My guess is the price to book them is already considerably lower than it used to be. Here (in Israel) they are already a "retro" band, despite the newer albums (which I personally like).

It's just the way it is with the older bands - doesn't matter how good the new material is, or how good the live show is. Even if you manage to reinvent yourself at some point - the general public won't see it and will only remember the past.

So I wonder what's going to happen - will they go to a festival if they're not the headline act anymore? I recall Maxim saying they will perform small and large all the same, but what about cost vs. profit? What about their ego?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:59 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
I think they have said many times that they don't care about being headliner and even always performing on biggest stage at festivals. all they care is having late, night time slot. also they aren't bothered much about what people expect and think of them.. they like underdog status and just blow people away with performance.

although there are signs that they are becoming quite irrelevant for current youth. they come to play in biggest electronic music festival @ Estonia in july (pure EDM), and there was lot's and lot's of whining in FB comments and other boards why do they get to see prodigy and not some other big edm name.

to be honest, i was greatly surprised that they even perform there, along david guetta and other similar people. and they also perform at other festival in my region... known as more soft indie type festival, with some exceptions..

i guess at some point it has to happen that they aren't important band anymore and they just do whatever gig if somewhat proper money is offered.

i wonder if we see more serious decline in next 2-3 years?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
dirt wrote:
Can people just accept it'll be out when its ready ?

:thumbsup:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
gnobal wrote:
At some point The Prodigy won't be the headliners in festivals.

In that case i'd worry more for the headliners.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
The tiny iota of hope which I do still have for it being this year is the BMG deal, without that I'd have no hope. Question is, does BMG have anymore influence or control over Prodigy than XL did? Because XL sure didn't have much control after FOTL...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:41 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Each time, we wait for years for albums that sound more and more uninspired.

Liam deciding around the release of the last record that
"dance music isnt really an inspiration" felt like a death knell.

The "this is our best record since Fat of the Land" stuff Liam said...
was....
that was something! :lol:

Feeling 0 hype at the moment. oh well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
i may be the minority here but i think the absolute quiet is actually a good sign.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:41 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Definitely the minority.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 am
I wonder why there is always the secrecy. Companies competing with each other with products and services I understand the need for secrecy. Music I don't understand the need for secrecy. It's not like another artist would rush release an album or single to go head to head with another.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:01 am
James Jupiter wrote:
I wonder why there is always the secrecy. Companies competing with each other with products and services I understand the need for secrecy. Music I don't understand the need for secrecy. It's not like another artist would rush release an album or single to go head to head with another.

Regarding the speculation with Engine Earz, I think this will be the first time since Jilted that Liam worked with someone other than Neil Mclellan on production/mixing/mastering etc

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

Regarding the speculation with Engine Earz, I think this will be the first time since Jilted that Liam worked with someone other than Neil Mclellan on production/mixing/mastering etc

If that is the case, why is it a secret and Engine Earz has been told to not confirm it? Liam announced there was an album so that's not a secret. I'm sure Neil McLellan knows if he's doing something for the album or not. That 'Firestarter' remix got taken down so that's obviously official. Something is happening. I understand their wish to do the official announcement with all the details themselves. Apart from 'super' fans like us, most people who listen to The Prodigy won't know or care who did additional production and mixing.

Offline Profile