<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  NEW PRODIGY ALBUM IN 2018

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Check out Engine Earz instagram story...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/engine_earz

Can't post pic as quota has been reached :ana:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:29 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
'Legendary session' , sounds like they finished recording? They all look happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
EP :bigthumb:

Was reading through musicweek.com article on Rick Astley's next album and noticed

Quote:
Norbury, BMG's president, repertoire & marketing, said Beautiful Life, which drops on July 20, was the label's "big Q3 release", but stopped short of setting specific targets.

Seems BMG have one big release for each quarter.

The Prodigy may well be the big Q4 release if Neil McLellan was talking about Prodigy in "more Prods in November"

I did try to ask him thru Twitter DMs if he was referring to The Prodigy in the interview but no reply as yet :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:20 pm
Harbinger wrote:
EP :bigthumb:

Was reading through musicweek.com article on Rick Astley's next album and noticed

Quote:
Norbury, BMG's president, repertoire & marketing, said Beautiful Life, which drops on July 20, was the label's "big Q3 release", but stopped short of setting specific targets.

Seems BMG have one big release for each quarter.

The Prodigy may well be the big Q4 release if Neil McLellan was talking about Prodigy in "more Prods in November"

I did try to ask him thru Twitter DMs if he was referring to The Prodigy in the interview but no reply as yet :P

Neil Mclellan is not involved this time. Their work with Engine Earz is the biggest clue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:53 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Since the "New single later this year! ,,then we droppin a new album on you early next year ! Ya hear me!" announcement via the Prodigy official Instagram (on the 19th September 2017) nothing has been said about it (via official Prodigy media accounts).

9 months and not a word. I really don't get the lack of an official update.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
I think I would prefer now if they finished current touring without playing any new tracks at all. Then suddenly boom - new album tomorrow and then new tour. I prefer to hear new tunes in studio quality on a good sound system rather than poor live recordings on Youtube...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
kenjah wrote:
I think I would prefer now if they finished current touring without playing any new tracks at all. Then suddenly boom - new album tomorrow and then new tour. I prefer to hear new tunes in studio quality on a good sound system rather than poor live recordings on Youtube...

Then do what I do; I hardly listen to new live material anymore. I wanted that old vibe back which I had when I heard an album for the first time, or when I would go to a gig and hear new material in person, that's why I want to be surprised again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
neurokiller wrote:
sks2002 wrote:
UN wrote:
S-CAT Circuit Bent Casio MT-41
https://youtu.be/sBhOwN_KaRk
old?

Sounds like the baseline for the day.

Liams studio looks simple compared to sterile spaceship studios of EDM DJ-s

Really oldschool, too: Some ass old pre-trashcan Mac, one single old Cinema Display, old apple keyboard, still (/again) his old HR824 MKI monitors.
I bet he still uses his IMD era plugins, too.

If only the music he does was a good as the old shit. Whoop!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:04 pm
I've come to two conclusions:

Either the new Prodigy album is really really good that he's so proud of it and that's why he's not posting clips and playing them live OR he was on a right track when he made that promise but got stuck then restarted everything like that jetfighter to tdime period.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:36 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Either the new Prodigy album is really really good that he's so proud of it and that's why he's not posting clips and playing them live OR he was on a right track when he made that promise but got stuck then restarted everything like that jetfighter to tdime period.

or that post FOTL --> AONO period. Man, those snippets were good sounding. Still am sad he ditched all of it for the -imho- inferior AONO material.
But yeah. I'd reckon he went back to the drawing board for at least some of the new stuff. It just seems more likely and in line with past experiences.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:32 am

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:39 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

I really wanna believe the first, but my gut says that sadly he scraped some stuff.
Nevertheless whats pisses me off is that, multiple times he proved that he gives no shit about the fans and always does he own thing. I mean ok that's his way, but sometimes he goes full ego, and crosses some red lines of professionalism. You should care a little more about your fans and be honest.
Is here anyone that would judge him If he posts something like "look guys some shit went wrong, will take a bit more...".
How hard that would be? Does that hurts him in any way?

edit: yeah right "Maybe", another proof that he gives no shit. Just teasing and he enjoys it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:30 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Liam makes music for himself. If he likes it he releases it. There was a (Russian?) interview saying he knew two tracks which would be singles. Obviously he knew one for definite when he announced the single due before the end of the year in September. I'd be surprised if he'd lost all faith in those tracks.

I'd love to know the reason for the delay and the lack of updates.

A lot of artists release a track as soon as it's done. Liam is old fashioned in so far as he'll keep tracks until he has enough for an album. I don't think Liam has released a single relatively quickly after completion since 'Firestarter'.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:21 pm