<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  23rd 24th June: Hurricane and Southside Festivals, Germany

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:28 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Quote:
I was lucky as I went to Doncaster where I got to hear 3 new tracks (Resonate, Need Some 1 and Boom Tap). The crowd went mental for the classic hits. A room full of 2000 people (or however many it was) probably only contains 200 'mega fans' (at the very most) who are like us, checking forums, checking set lists, seeing every tweet, etc.

I only went to the gig as it promised new music. I had to travel and stay over to go as there were no gigs near where I live. I wouldn't have gone if there wasn't the promise of new music. People get annoyed reading the set lists but I don't expect any changes until the new album.

My dream gig is one where no 'hits' (Firestarter, Breathe, Their Law, etc) are played, only rarities and new music. It will never happen.

I even felt lucky when I saw them last year, and they opened with Clorkwork intro + Everybody in the Place, and played No Good, Poison, Untitled Beats after Poison, and Gun Reprise. That was a nice surprise, but I would have loved new tracks instead of Roadblox, Wild Frontier, Run, Nasty, Invaders Must Die. Too bad they went straight back to the shitlist shorty after.

Offline Profile