<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Need Some1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Moon wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Moon, I will ask admins to ban u if u do this again.

Someone going to get it off russian forum too?

We control THIS forum, get a grip!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Moon wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Are we the Russian forum? Last I check we were Brainkiller. But you can go over there and post all the links you want if it pleases you. It's a rule. No posting download links to official material.

Last edited by NEOREV on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Moon wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

what happens elsewhere, its not our responsibility. we respect and support the band. Just to remind you, read this.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
K cool.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
Apart from the stuttering lead it's a fun beat, but surprised if this would be an albumworthy first single or even an album track.

The beat and bassline parts are cool, some of it on the other hand sounds like a crap fan rework :-D

The sinister synth from First Warning is still getting used if I hear correctly, lol :lol: might be Fuel My Fire actually.

Last edited by Mowgli on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Mowgli wrote:
New singles tend to drop at midnight, at least on Spotify.

That live clip from We Are Electric does sound more polished with some small new elements. Still not a fan of the current lead, the first one was so sloppy it was good and fitted the slow tempo better.

Is it a supposition or is it something official?

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 pm
So is the track available for purchase yet or is everyone just hearing the leak? If available then where can we buy?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Moon wrote:
So is the track available for purchase yet or is everyone just hearing the leak? If available then where can we buy?

https://fi.napster.com/artist/the-prodi ... need-some1

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:02 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm
Relieved it's not exactly the same as the live demo. Whilst not amazing or perfect like SMBU I still like it and it's a good indicator that the new material will have a fresh sound. Excited for the album!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
so, um, somebody, someone has access he/she could share?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:17 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
The long awaited single, made by Liam the perfectionist Howlett, I can't believe it. It's so damn short (2:41) and repeatable, and it could have been made by anyone in the EDM scene, Deadmau5 to mention one... The first live version sounded a lot better with the synths, I don't understand why he changed that, for this. What a letdown. I remember the days when a Prodigy tune, gave you the fuckin goosebumps. Liam could produce long detailed tracks. What happened? He lost all imagination with age.

Last edited by Trawizz on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
If I never heard the live recordings (well, I managed to hear it live a week ago too :P), I'd be totally surprised and blown away. This is really solid, I especially adore the last few seconds part with guitars and shit. I'm not sure what's more surprising: how Liam can deliver a fat hip-hop beat driven track (after last two LPs which lacked that kind of punch a bit), or the fact that he didn't screw up the initial live version, in fact, he MADE IT BETTER. Some might complain the track is a bit short, but whatever, did we really expect else? This makes me look forward for the album...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 pm
HSVV wrote:
so, um, somebody, someone has access he/she could share?

Answer: Go back a few pages in this thread and read the posts about me. I actually feel like crap now.... Which I should.

UN provided a purchase link above.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Trawizz wrote:
The long awaited single, made by Liam the perfectionist Howlett.

Liam hasn't been all that perfectionistic since 15 years or so. I think he feels as if he has to free himself from the tracks more than that he is in perfect control like he was (and said that he was, in older interviews) before the turn of the millennium.
He honestly seems bored by equipment, technique and all that. He just wants to write "bangerz".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 393Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Track is ok for an album sessions leftover demo beat, but nothing more than that. Beat is ok, but synths are awful, I cant believe that Liam thinks that those synths are good. I really miss old production ways, when Prodigy tracks had organic sound. This is too lazy. Hopefully album will be different story.