<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Top 10 Best/Worst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:46 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Best
1. Full Throttle (Original Mix) - one of their darkest and best produced tracks.
2. Everybody In The Place (155 & Rising) - this version has so much power.
3. Instruments Of Darkness - there's no art of noise left, pure prodigy!
4. Zeroes & Ones - incredible production. this is the real prodigy with the massive beats.
5. Funky Shit - still funky, and a top notch mix of breaks and electro.
6. Breathe - this single shook the earth when it came out. still one of the best single hits.
7. The Heat (The Energy) - rave at its best
8. Claustrophobic Sting - the same as above.
9. One Man Army - one of their
10. One Love (Original Mix) - best trance track they did.

Worst
1. Ibiza - blaaah, humbug. the beats are so dull, and the sound effects are annoying
2. Need Some1 - worst single since wind it up. the most lazy track they ever did.
3. AWOL - what happened to the finished version?
4. Rok-Weiler - too slow. The first versions sounded heavy though.
5. Medicine - that arabian sample is doing my head in. like the demo snippet though
6. Mescaline - gives me headache. there once was a cool track called unstoppable.
7. Shoot Down - beats sucks, and of course the major dissapointment after trashing trigger.
8. Invisible Sun - sounds like an eminem track.
9. Beyond The Deathray - never understood the fuss about this.
10. Rhythm Bomb - the prodigy trying to make french house like justice

Bonus shits: Baby's Got A Temper (Dub), Take Me To The Hospital (Wreckage Mix) & Jetfighter (even though it was not released, but it was incredibly turd worthy).

Whats yours?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
you seem to be stuck in the 90s.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Take Me To The Hospital (Wreckage Mix) is great mix, thanks for reminding me of it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:29 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Top ten tracks id put in an album if i had the choice:

1. Android. The best song produced. I really love it. Everyone i knows loves it.
2. Ibiza - instrumental. One of the best later songs. Hard and melodic.
3. Wall of Death. Its like if all three members put the songs together in their own way.
4. Need some 1. I like this song, especially the ending.
5. Spitfire 05. Much better than the album version. A classic.
6. Invaders must die - edit. Melodic and dark. Short, how i like these tracks.
7. The day is my enemy. I got surprised by this dark and awesome track when i bought the album.
8. Medusas path. Its a very trippy song. Sounds like a leftover track from Jilted to me.
9. Voodoo people. It still doesnt feel old today.
10. Poison 95 eq. One of the best singles.

I would also give a shoutout to the tracks Wild West and The Big Gundown, if you put them together its like a western Movie. True masterpieces but they didnt get to the list. Also Scienide. And Fire-edit, the first song i heard.

Top ten tracks i avoid fully:

1. Phoenix. Man is this ear torture. I really dont like the synth.
2. Piranha. The 08 beta sounded much better. This needs to be slow.
3. Action radar. It gets really annoying when the synth gets added in.
4. Memphis bells. This track needs to be fully instrumental.
5. Serial thrilla. WHY did they change lyrical terrorist to this? I dont like the tunes at all.
6. Worlds on fire. Any version sucks man.
7. Get your fight on. I dont understand why it got butchered. The vocals are fine on this one but the tunes itself sounds like some kind of Hospital leftovers. I want the live version.
8. AWOL. I dont usually say this but i really, REALLY like the singing of this track. I like 50% of it. The rest is Awol beat jam. Some live beats put as a track.

I got two left but i dont know wether i should count these as tracks or just demo tracks he didnt remaster.

9. Black smoke. Sounds unfinished. Like if you try a new system and wants to add random beats to see how it goes.
10. Fighter beat. By this point i understand why they didnt release these tracks to the tracks to the newer IMD album version.

I didnt add any remixes to this list but some are really good. Like Everybody say love or Zeroes and ones.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:54 pm
UN wrote:
you seem to be stuck in the 90s.

Nah, I just prefer it, like the majority. But I also do like TMTTH, Thunder, Destroy, the live version of Worlds On Fire, before Liam fucked it up for the album, Girls, The Way It Is (Live Remix) and more. So am I forgiven now?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:13 pm
@Fakin Ill.
It is fun to see how different our choices are. I do like Medusas Path, and actually big part of AONO, if I tell my brain, that it is not The Prodigy, but Liam's side project. I actually like Phoenix (ridiculous title though) because it should be called Love Buzz (Liam H remix). You don't prefer the full Burning Version of Fire? Liam cut the good stuff out if that in the edit. Memphis Bells sound like Molotov Bitch part 2, and more like a b-side. I do prefer it with vocals. I assume you have the instrumental from the Girls promo? Serial Thrilla is the baddest track from FOTL, but still better than most of the new stuff in my opinion, but would love the beta version aswell. I did an edit if a fanmix of WoF (the live version one), I only listen to that one. Think most of us wondered about GYFO, why it was changed so much, so it got TMTTH part 3 (Rip Up The Sound System is part 1 in my world). The whole Lost Beats ep sounds unfinished in my opinion, I guess that was the idea by it, which just made me wonder why he didn't throw like 10 songs innit instead. Dead Ken, Trigger, Unstoppable... Well...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:26 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Oh so you edit tracks too. I edited Phoenix to make it more tolerable. I took away the synth as it sounds bad on my stereo in the car.

Well yes Lost Beats sounds unfinished kind of. But Wild West and The Big Gundown is like a western movie if you put them together which makes them more likeable.

I like all kinds of tracks with Burning on it. Burning Firestarter is better to me than the regular one. And i like the longer version of older tracks. Like One Love.

Dont get me wrong my opinion is not far different from most other fans tbh. I have a playlist of like 50 songs, its hard to pick 10 when theres so many good songs around. Especially from Experience era.

Worlds on Fire man. Its like.. man. Id rather have Immunize Instrumental on the album over it.