<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:14 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 132Location: UKJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm
prodigy16 wrote:
NINs latest album is only 30 minutes long?

Hah! Didn't even know they'd released anything recently, cheers! Off to listen now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:11 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
NIN's new '30 minute' album is 6 tracks only and was meant to be an ep.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:55 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Quote:
I'd rather prefer long tracks like 3 Kilos, Their Law or Climbatize than "bangers" for the live shows such as Run With The Cocks or Nasty.

I insist, the "bangers" thing has killed the quality side of The Prodigy.

Well, depends on what peoples opinion of what is a banger. I don't think that Omen, Nasty, Need Some1, Rok-Weiler and so on is bangers. For me a banger is tracks like Full Throttle, The Heat, Thunder, Jericho, TMTTH, Breathe, so to say.. The danceable tunes. I get bored with Prodigy tracks, that is just loud, short and which is impossible to dance to. When they used breakbeats, I think most of their tracks we're bangers, and for some reason, the songs ended up longer with more variation.
I do like the sound of ''Light Up the Sky'', but it is not very danceable, with the choise of beats, and for the track to only be about 3 minutes, I kinda get a bit let down already, specially with Need Some1 as first single, which is the worst single they ever did. That is my opinion. I do hope they bring as much rave sounds back to the record as possible.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:21 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Trawizz wrote:
I do like the sound of ''Light Up the Sky'', but it is not very danceable, with the choise of beats, and for the track to only be about 3 minutes, I kinda get a bit let down already,

Exactly. the live audience in recordings seems very much confused by the track. It could've had a cool 4/4 rhythm going on... but Liam "has abandoned" dance music apparently.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:33 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
I thought the moaning was supposed to be in another thread.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:27 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Plain_John wrote:

So everything that doesn't suit your opinion is moaning?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:52 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Trawizz wrote:
Plain_John wrote:

So everything that doesn't suit your opinion is moaning?

its has nothing to do with the album, so go to the OPINIONS section. simple, fed up checking this topic for news and most of the posts are about "i want this and that", just use the OPINION section.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
If someone posts some news and then someone else has an opinion on that news, where dat go?

Maybe post news here and in the opinions thread :!:

Apologies if this should be in the questions/sarcasm thread :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Harbinger wrote:
If someone posts some news and then someone else has an opinion on that news, where dat go?

Maybe post news here and in the opinions thread :!:

Apologies if this should be in the questions/sarcasm thread :P

That is exactly right. The rules are for everybody, are they not? Some special members around here that bend the rules to their own pleasing. The album is too short? Really? Pure speculation AND moaning.

Fuck if I care if it's long or short, just hope it rocks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:11 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Maybe this is the source of the problem:

...and well, the latest single was kinda shit. :lol:

People being social on a forum and talking amongst each other,
this is insane, i've never seen the likes of it.

Rule Breakers, the whole lot! :lol:

Seriously, now. BK should just make this a mod area where only they can post news.
That would be simple.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:41 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
I genuinely don't mind if people enjoy the new tracks or not.
The only things that bothers me is when people diss others based on their opinions. Calling them stupid for liking (or disliking) something or asking if they're 10 years old because they're excited about a new track is a prime example of toxic behaviour.

I admit I've trolled the trolls and it's not very constructive, which is why I've stopped. :bow:

I do like discussing the news though, and let's face it, it's the busiest place on the forums.

I'm sure the mods will straighten this out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:05 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Don't you guys find it weird that the first two released tracks are conveniently tracks 1 & 2 on the album?

That makes me think that the tracklist might be completely different.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:07 pm
Well yeah, but there's no news. So there you go, just speculation and complaints about track lengths (which actually does constitute moaning based on the previous discussions).

Lets wait for proper news then :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:09 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
gcx wrote:
Don't you guys find it weird that the first two released tracks are conveniently tracks 1 & 2 on the album?

Nah, it's been happening since FOTL. only difference is the order of the release (Breathe came out before SMBU. Girls before Spitfire, Nasty before TDIME). IMD came first followed by Omen, just like this new album.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:13 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
gcx wrote:

Nah, it's been happening since FOTL. only difference is the order of the release (Breathe came out before SMBU. Girls before Spitfire, Nasty before TDIME). IMD came first followed by Omen, just like this new album.

Mmmh yeah, you do have a point.
BUT...
They weren't the same lengths in the end. :P