<  MUSIC  ~  Orbital - Monsters Exist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
New Orbital album is amazing! Where Wonky reminded me of earlier Orbital with a modern twist, this album is like In Sides and/or Snivilisation with a modern twist. It has these dark undertones to it.

Folks call blasphemy when I tell them Wonky is my favorite album of theirs. Wonky, In Sides, and Snivilisation make my top 3. But Monsters Exist is squeezing its way in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Did anyone here order the HMV 3CD?????

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
NEOREV wrote:

Off to hoomve tomorrow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 am
Harbinger wrote:
NEOREV wrote:

Off to hoomve tomorrow

Nice! Good luck. They wouldn't ship to me thru their site and the one on Discogs sold.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:42 am
NEOREV wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
NEOREV wrote:

Off to hoomve tomorrow

Nice! Good luck. They wouldn't ship to me thru their site and the one on Discogs sold.

Out of stock online but had 10 copies in my local HMV.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:38 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
This HMV exclusive thing is disgusting! It's ridiculous that most of the hardcore fans can't have Copenhagen and Kinetic 17 just because they live outside the UK. And I won't pay multiple prices for one disc on ebay. That 2 tracks would easily have their own places on the deluxe edition's bonus CD.

That was the same case with the HMV bonus remix CD of TDMIE. So again, fuck HMV!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:09 am
trigger/nuclear wrote:
This HMV exclusive thing is disgusting! It's ridiculous that most of the hardcore fans can't have Copenhagen and Kinetic 17 just because they live outside the UK. And I won't pay multiple prices for one disc on ebay. That 2 tracks would easily have their own places on the deluxe edition's bonus CD.

That was the same case with the HMV bonus remix CD of TDMIE. So again, fuck HMV!

No different to Japanese release bonus tracks imo.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 pm
Harbinger wrote:
trigger/nuclear wrote:

No different to Japanese release bonus tracks imo.

No, because you can order japanese releases simply from japanese webshops and they ship worldwide. But HMV doesn't ship worldwide. So you have to buy these exclusive stuffs from ebay for high prices (or not, like me).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:51 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
All Special/Exclusive/Limited edition releases of music are just fleecing fans. There's no need to release a piece of music in a limited quantity. These days the majority of tracks are available from the streaming sites and digital file retailers. Record companies squeeze the extra cash out of fans who want the music in a physical format.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:40 pm
Anyway I just listened to Monsters Exist for the first time. Disappointed. This album is sadly nothing special and far far away from the real Orbital quality. It's full of lightweight EDM and dance tracks. It's still a nice electronic album on it's own, but not as an Orbital album.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:01 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
trigger/nuclear wrote:
Anyway I just listened to Monsters Exist for the first time. Disappointed. This album is sadly nothing special and far far away from the real Orbital quality. It's full of lightweight EDM and dance tracks. It's still a nice electronic album on it's own, but not as an Orbital album.

I have exactly the same feelings after two weeks of listening. Only title track is good for me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:18 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
then again, it's hard to expect anything big these days from the giants of the 90's unfortunately. nonetheless, one track surprised me in a good way - The Raid. tension, darkness, Satan, The Box. pure class - if they're gonna'play this one live, then I'm gonna' be more than satisfied.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:00 am
Yeah, the Raid is definitely the better tracks and Vision OnE is also reminds me of old Orbital. Oh, and Analogue Test should be on the album in a longer form!