<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  We Eat Rhythm - prestige edition of the Prodigy biography

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:01 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 131Location: SwedenJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:13 pm
Got the book today!! Gonna start reading it tonight.

Looks to be a great read.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:40 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
My interview with Martin James. We talk his new Prodigy book, No Tourists, No Souvenirs & much more!

https://youtu.be/QZ3Md2mZylw

Info & Order Page : https://sobpub.wordpress.com/2018/07/25 ... e-edition/

The Prodigy - Martin James' biography V3.0 : https://www.facebook.com/The-Prodigy-Ma ... 360780962/

We Live for the Beats: The Prodigy Story Part 2 : https://www.facebook.com/We-Live-for-th ... 052792488/

State of Bass Publishing : https://www.instagram.com/stateofbasspublishing/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Hey nice chat ! Glad to hear Martin so fired up by listening No Tourist's. I'm going to order his book next month.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:44 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Very interesting interview! Well done Danny :bringit:

We kinda got a confirmation that No Tourists is a short album

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:42 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 611Location: IrelandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:13 pm
And a Maxim / Flint track?

Thanks for not editing that out LOL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Thanks Danny nice one. I really enjoyed it. :-D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
:bringit: :guns:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:38 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
Awesome, so glad to hear so much positive feedback. It's hard to pull of a good interview for us hardcore fans. So really happy it's been very well received on here and everywhere else. Plus Martin was really good, he kept on giving. He's so passionate and you can really tell he loves the band.

Haha yes, I was really worried I had to do a lot of editing. As there is quite of information I was like... arghhhh not sure if they'll be happy with this information out. But I sent it as is and got the ok.

If you do want to support Martin with the new Prodigy book, grab a copy here on his site: https://sobpub.wordpress.com/2018/07/25 ... e-edition/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
thanks Danny!

Martin's opinions were interesting and all and all nice interview

he's a fanboy himself.

-FOTL was commercial album
-AONO version 1 and praise about No Souvenirs got blown out of proportion in he's previous book and by fans overall
-Howlett's production skills doesn't get talked about enough (very contemporary subject these days :lol: )
and some more...

should see if i can get myself early Xmas present. This book in definitely amazing treat!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:55 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Thanks for the interview! What did Martin say about No Tourists? (I don't have time to watch an interview for a hour :cry: )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:06 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Boudewijn wrote:
Thanks for the interview! What did Martin say about No Tourists? (I don't have time to watch an interview for a hour :cry: )

it's short but the most concise album liams done. so i can imagine it's an album that you can play in full and not feel like any of it was drawn out.

he's also said he didn't really like NS1 but in the context of the album it works, all in all good interview and puts to rest all the hopes that liam was producing bangers in the AONO period

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:50 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
So there is no longer going to be a digital copy of the book?

A paperback version will be released at some point.

Book 2 is a year away?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:53 pm
James Jupiter wrote:

Book 2 is a year away?

I think the plan is to release a PDF eventually but it would have cheapened the whole process to release a digital version to begin with, may aswell make as much money out of the product as possible.

digital books open it up to piracy which i'm sure when you're self publishing, you want to avoid that as much as poss

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Progress Is Made wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

Book 2 is a year away?

I think the plan is to release a PDF eventually but it would have cheapened the whole process to release a digital version to begin with, may aswell make as much money out of the product as possible.

digital books open it up to piracy which i'm sure when you're self publishing, you want to avoid that as much as poss

I understand that but it also misses out on all those Amazon and Google sales to people who use E-Readers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:12 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Progress Is Made wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

Book 2 is a year away?

I understand that but it also misses out on all those Amazon and Google sales to people who use E-Readers.

He aint doing any google/amazon sales by the sound of things

https://youtu.be/QZ3Md2mZylw?t=2741

Offline Profile