<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Interviews and articles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
dirtyRotter wrote:
LOL

"we got something else coming out next year aswell actually" Liamed before the latest album is even out

We could be Liamed but in dj mag Martin wrote that Liam first wanted to write EP with guests not LP, and made a track with Dizzee Rascal for that one. Than he decided to go with album and shelved that.

So we can easily get an EP next year. Remember he also had ragga twins in his studio and Shahin Badar. Its not excluded.

Also dirtchamber part 2 was mentioned in 2 interviews.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:29 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
dirtyRotter wrote:
LOL

"we got something else coming out next year aswell actually" Liamed before the latest album is even out

Did Liam say that in the podcast? To what question? I find it really difficult to be fully concentrated the whole thing (which is because of me, not because of the podcast).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:54 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Dirtchamber next year, perhaps?

Another best of?
(I do wonder if their new label would ask for something like that...)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:39 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
2 here

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 10311.html

https://www.metronieuws.nl/musiccity/20 ... ties-eruit
Google translate
Quote:
The Prodigy sounds as energetic on his new album No Tourists as he did at the time of the big hits from the 90s. Founder Liam Howlett explains how it comes: "I only compose music when I'm angry, not when I feel happy . "

Pounding bass lines, sneering synthesizers, distorted vocals and hyperactive hi-hats. These are some of the characteristics of the acclaimed Prodigy albums Music For The Jilted Generation (1994) and The Fat Of The Land (1997). The Prodigy made the ultimate nineties-adolescent music, but even in 2018 the British dance act still sounds very rebellious. Perhaps more than in a long time, partly because of the images that Howlett sees in the news. His frustrations form the basis for No Tourists. "Joy means laziness for a creative spirit", he believes. "When I am worried, I am more productive. That's why the songs for this album came to me practically. We have made them so that they sound nice and aggressive when we play them live, even though everything is electronic. "

The tracks are made with the recent attacks in London still fresh in the memory, although they are just as much inspired by cyber terrorism, the advance of extreme right-wing groups and the refugee crisis. "I live in London, so I am in the middle of it. The other boys (vocalists Keith Flint and Maxim, ed.) Notice less of it, because they live in rural areas. I am aware of everything and that feeds my music. This arouses anger in me, so that is a direct source of inspiration. We deliver our message in sounds, because it is not that I write politically-tinted texts. We spend a lot of time on our lyrics. You might not say it, but there is always a deeper meaning behind it. "

Concentration problems

No Tourists appears three years after the latest album The Day Is My Enemy, which is relatively fast for The Prodigy. In the past it sometimes took five to seven years before new numbers came out. "I can not explain why it lasted so long in the past, only that at a certain moment I did not feel like making albums anymore, because it took me so much time. I was thinking of making EPs, for the sole reason that I could release music faster. Everything is going faster now and you can not take more than five years to make a record. At one point I started writing new tracks and within a few months I already had a few ready. "

"Once I decided to make an album, that was the only thing I put all my time into. I have ignored friends and worked through them for nights. I tried to wake up the maximum number of hours a day that was physically possible. During tours I also wrote a lot of music. "No Tourists came about easier than the predecessor. Howlett explains that the title The Day Is My Enemy applied to himself. "I drank a lot during the recording of the previous album. When we were halfway, I noticed that it was slowing me down. That album was mainly made during the night hours, because during the day I could not concentrate. "

Day people

"At a certain moment I did not like it anymore, so I stopped it", he says about his drinking. "I have a strong will. I do what is necessary to make my music. My head must stand. It is difficult to create something when everything stays the same. Change is needed. "With the title of the new album from The Prodigy there are concerns about the influence of big tech companies like Facebook and Google. "People have become diaper. That is the fault of the internet. Everything is easy and everything they get served up, they like. As a result, they no longer carry out research themselves. As if they are day-trippers in London. We at The Prodigy have never been tourists, but explorers. We have always set course for new destinations. "

Howlett is looking forward to the upcoming concert series, where many new songs are being played for the first time. "The tour keeps us young at heart. We have no reason to stop. "However, the Prodigy band members have almost been about to pull the plug a few times. "When we started, I could not even imagine that we would endure for three months. That's how it always stayed, "he acknowledges. "We have seriously thought about it two or three times. Every band has its ups and downs. As long as people still like what we do, I want to continue with it anyway. "

The Prodigy will give a concert in the Ziggo Dome on December 9th.

https://www.metronieuws.nl/musiccity/20 ... ties-eruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:10 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 17Location: St Nazaire - FranceJoined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 am
Renegade Cinema share this sooner
Talks about the album (ofc), their relations with Renegade etc

https://kanobu.ru/articles/amp/osnovate ... ba-372708/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:25 am

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:37 am
Quote:

31 October 2018
No Irish, no blacks, no dogs, titled the autopsy John Lydon of the Sex Pistols provocatively. No tourists, now add the Prodigy, who have always been considered the electronic sons of Lydon's band. But it is not a provocation. And not even an appeal in times of borders and Brexit. So what is it? "It's a desire to escape from reality", explains Liam Howlett, 47, always the undisputed mind of the English group that in the nineties has made the history of rave and electronics with songs like Firestarter, Smack my bitch up, Everybody in the place and Charly. And that now returns with an album entitled, in fact, No tourists, which will present in Livorno on November 30th and in Rimini on December 1st. "The title indicates the need to derail from the obligatory path, from the way of seeing the things of tourists, because people no longer want to really explore.We are too lazy to go around here and there and take a look and venture. We are afraid, we never want to risk ".

Does politics have anything to do with it?
"No, our music has always been a praise of escape.The whole Prodigy project has a lot of politicians, but we are not interested in politicians directly, sometimes hidden in music there are traces of our political ideas but we are not a political band, we are a hedonistic band ".

Speaking of escape and action: the song that gives the title to the album brings to mind James Bond.
"About ten years ago I was asked about music for a film from the 007 saga, but I did not have time and in the end it did not do anything, I hope they'll ask me again, I'd really like to make a whole column Someone tried to ask me, but it was nothing that really interested me, but now there are horror films that could inspire me for the music ".

How did Thom Yorke with Guadagnino for Suspiria. Is there any particular director with whom you would like to work?
"Only unknown people, not too tied to the studios, as in music I like to collaborate with artists far from the majors, in the new album there is this band called Horror, written Ho9909. The problem of cinema is that you have to respond to requests for so many people, and I could never work like that. "

The album is a tribute to your sound. Now the Prodigy play only like the Prodigy. What has helped in these years to keep your sound breakbeat alive? Kinds like the dubstep?
"Let's say that he helped keep electronic music alive in general, genres change very fast, from breakbeat to jungle, then drum and bass, then dubstep came, and from there to trap, which was inspired by last hip hop, but somehow we were always on the sidelines when the news arrived to observe and tap in. It was nice when the dubstep arrived but after two years it was used for hair spray spots. In the electronic music underwood, in some ways the drum and bass is always there ".

Prodigy: "But what politics, we play the eulogy of the escape"

Is dance music better than other genres to bring people together?
"But I do not like absolute dance music, it's not what we do, maybe you'll be surprised to hear me say dance music is junk, it's the language of electronics that's universal, it's the songs, not the style people, but the EDM, that wholesale music, is like pop, it's like going to the supermarket for me ".

What do you listen to in 2018?
"A lot of old stuff to tell the truth, old experimental stuff, I do not listen to much new music, I always come back to my passions with which I grew up, old electro, old hip hop, that's the roots of the band".

How is your audience today?
"It's unbelievable, it's a huge thing, there are very young people in Italy and people who follow us from the beginning: our audience knows that if it comes to one of our concerts, it can be completely released." We played with Linkin Park in the United States a few years ago. he does, maybe three, because we thought it would be useful in some way to let us know their audience, and I do not want to disrespect the band or their audience, they're great guys, but playing them before understand that ... their audience is old, it's not like ours, we realized how lucky we are ".

Did you meet Chester Bennington, the Linkin Park singer who took his life in 2017?
"I met him on that tour, I liked him a lot, it's sad what happened".

He defined the new album "evil rave".
"I came up with a definition to help journalists a bit: the kind of rave electronic music we've always liked is a little darker, less cheerful, and after composing a couple of songs from this album I said 'hey, it's evil rave' ".

How do you see yourself in today's panorama?
"It's not easy, the attention threshold is really small, I have a 14-year-old son and maybe listen to a song for 30 seconds and then move on to something else, and it's the same with movies. a film that is worth seeing, he watches the trailer and thinks he knows enough, it's fast food, trap, I liked it, but basically it's an old way of doing hip hop with the 808 drum machine. rediscovered and has become a way to get certain hip hop into clubs and then it has become more boring, and now it is definitely overused. "

Do you still have concerts and clubs?
"Well, I live in London so it's important to see what's going on around you." As a producer, it's important to listen to what's going on in order not to fall behind, of course, there are interesting things I hear, few actually in the rock world. some bands, like The Garden, they're two brothers, twins, Americans, interesting, they're not the classic lineup with four elements, like the White Stripes, which I liked very much, and the Sleaford Mods, who are also friends. Prodigy has always been this, breaking the rules of what is expected of a band, I like the Idles, I follow them from the beginning, their arrival was a good blow, but surely they do not like to be the coconuts of the British press, because usually that is the kiss of death ".

https://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/mu ... -210255144

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garden_(band)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:46 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Harbinger wrote:

"We Dwell Ceaselessly"

I'm dead. :rofl:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:32 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Battle Heart With heart!
Gentle up the sky!

:D :D :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Liam currently being interviewed on the London Eye, his set up is pretty tight!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:44 pm
Heard one Liam interview, you've heard them all. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Harbinger wrote:

Absolutely mad this interview, he's literally saying exactly the same words from that Scroob podcast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:45 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
I thought the pip interview was very very average - learnt absolutely zero about the new album & whilst there were some nice stories, I'd heard them before

Interesting last 15seconds or so when LH mentioned the 2019 plans.....

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:31 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Harbinger wrote:

99% of 2015 interviews: ' I wrote during night time, met a fox during my way home at night etc'

2018 : 'ho99o9 collaboration , COL vocals recorded in a hotel '.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Lots of usual stuff but nice read overall.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/musicfeeds ... music/amp/